Are You a Ford Guy?

Narwaniec594

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
17 Gt350
Not a ford fan, not a chevy or dodge fan. I am a gt350 fan, v8 fan, anything that rumbles from exhaust, anything that shows you that american , v8 muscle, thats what i am a fan of.

I am 30, and grew up first 19 years in poland, still in 90s where back then, me and ma grandpa stil had to fix our ( only one car per whole family) 76 mercedes 300d that had 600k miles on it to still needed to serve you for for another 5 years. Where 1.8 litre 4 cyl Peugot was consider a sporty car. Where 40 procent cars are diesel. And 20 procent of gas are converted to run on LPG liquid gas , including me, had a renault laguna with extra fuel tank i a spear tire compartment just , so is half cheaper then gas and it can get me somewhere...
So mustangs, camaros, anything that was v8, were just on posters, tv, and internet. Sure there were some guys that had those imported, but very few) . I have never seen mustang in my 120 thousand people home town..

So now, being here and chasing my american dream, driving in gt350 , listening to this beautiful rumbling exhaust, thats what i am fan of :)
Sponsored

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
Car guy first and foremost, Ford guy a close second.

Been a car guy since I was a little kid, don't even really know where that came from. Bought my first car at 17 in 1973, a sweet 64 Galaxie 500 XL 390, that started the blue blood flowing. If that first car had been an Impala or Fury I'd probably be Chevy or Mopar guy.

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
For me it's always been the right tool for the job. That said, I've owned a 99 and 03 Cobra. But the best street car by far I've ever owned is a 2007 Audi RS4. I loved that car and put 130K miles on it, including a lot of track miles. for track cars, I've had an E46 M3, a Nissan Spec Z race car, and now the GT350. I'd love to have an RS7 or maybe a Porsche Turbo for a daily, but alas, not in the budget.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Again, sorry if my first post was snobby. Moving on, I used to be a BMW guy. Even though today we look at dealers as scum, it was actually the BMW dealership my family bought our first BMW from that fostered that performance car interest in me as a kid. The showroom was more like a small museum, and whenever my family would bring a car in for service the manager would try to interact with me to keep me from getting bored. She saw how I'd look at all the cars, read the specs, and try to learn about them. Then she explained to me how the M cars were the performance ones, and ask me to go around the showroom and see if there were any M cars during that visit and then ask me to figure out what the differences were from the standard BMW's. This was back when BMW was active in F1 and LeMans.

I feel like BMW has lost their way, or at least lost my interest, when it comes to modern motorsport and racing though. They no longer have an F1 team, have been out of LeMans for years until recently coming back but not with the bang they used to. The M cars which used to be truly track oriented, have become more like luxury cars with accessories and add-ons to create a motorsport "lifestyle" product. When the GT350R was announced, there was a big thread about it praising it on one of the main BMW forums, and one of the first posts was someone saying "whoever thought we'd see the day when Ford began making better M cars than BMW." I think that line summed up my feelings. My brother recently did European delivery of his M240i, and I went with him so we could take the car on the Nurburgring. It was an amazing experience but it left me wishing I could take the R on that track instead (grant it my inexperience would probably wreck it on that track).

I think where BMW dropped the reigns, Ford took them up. They have a strong presence in LeMans and other current road track venues, not just drag racing. They have multiple performance cars built to actually perform and not just make the driving experience feel "sporty". The Track Attack program has actively engaged owners in the tracking abilities of the cars. The modern experiences they've fostered, have for me, been part of what makes me proud to own a car that I formerly never paid attention to. I now see people who simply judge cars based on magazine numbers, as I used to, and know that part of that is because they haven't been as fortunate as we have to enjoy the aspects of these cars that go beyond the numbers.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Brother I’m sorry.
You’re entitled to your opinion. You have nothing to be sorry about.
I’m sorry I said you sound like a prick. You’re definitely not a prick. I apologize and enjoy your post.
Again, sorry if my first post was snobby. Moving on, I used to be a BMW guy. Even though today we look at dealers as scum, it was actually the BMW dealership my family bought our first BMW from that fostered that performance car interest in me as a kid. The showroom was more like a small museum, and whenever my family would bring a car in for service the manager would try to interact with me to keep me from getting bored. She saw how I'd look at all the cars, read the specs, and try to learn about them. Then she explained to me how the M cars were the performance ones, and ask me to go around the showroom and see if there were any M cars during that visit and then ask me to figure out what the differences were from the standard BMW's. This was back when BMW was active in F1 and LeMans.

I feel like BMW has lost their way, or at least lost my interest, when it comes to modern motorsport and racing though. They no longer have an F1 team, have been out of LeMans for years until recently coming back but not with the bang they used to. The M cars which used to be truly track oriented, have become more like luxury cars with accessories and add-ons to create a motorsport "lifestyle" product. When the GT350R was announced, there was a big thread about it praising it on one of the main BMW forums, and one of the first posts was someone saying "whoever thought we'd see the day when Ford began making better M cars than BMW." I think that line summed up my feelings. My brother recently did European delivery of his M240i, and I went with him so we could take the car on the Nurburgring. It was an amazing experience but it left me wishing I could take the R on that track instead (grant it my inexperience would probably wreck it on that track).

I think where BMW dropped the reigns, Ford took them up. They have a strong presence in LeMans and other current road track venues, not just drag racing. They have multiple performance cars built to actually perform and not just make the driving experience feel "sporty". The Track Attack program has actively engaged owners in the tracking abilities of the cars. The modern experiences they've fostered, have for me, been part of what makes me proud to own a car that I formerly never paid attention to. I now see people who simply judge cars based on magazine numbers, as I used to, and know that part of that is because they haven't been as fortunate as we have to enjoy the aspects of these cars that go beyond the numbers.

Sponsored

ltcolton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
350R,Trackhawk,FocusRS,911,R8GT,S2000,AlfaGiulia
This is my first American car since high school. Will be hitting the big 60 this summer. My ride during the day was an 69 Z28 all original until my buddies and I started to modify and ruined it. For most of my adult life been driving european cars with the exception of my Tacoma Crew Cab. About two years ago I was on vacation in Hawaii and the car rental person upgraded me to an Mustang GT. My kids hated the backseats and begged me to exchange for our usual 4 door sedan but I was already snakebite. Waited until I could purchase an R at MSRP and luckily one fell on my lap for below sticker. I've been blessed to have some nice rides that I can drive on the weekends but the R is my favorite. I've had my R for about 6 weeks now and every chance I get take a cruise down the coast on Highway 1 and listen to my 70's tunes. Brings a big smile to my face and reminds of carefree times of my youth.

Last edited:

OnTrack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Ruby Red
Almost every vehicle I have owned has been a Ford. The only other car I purchased that was not was a Corvette Z06 which was great on track. From my tow vehicles to my wife's car are all Fords since I have had zero issues throughout the years.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

I thought you sounded like a prick!

Just kidding.:crackup:

Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

This sums it up really well for me.

Car history includes
3x BMW E36 including an M3 and my race car
3x BMW E28 including an M5
2x BMW E39 including an M5
BMW E34 touring with engine & manual gearbox swap
BMW E53 X5 4.4i
BMW 1600-2
BMW E82 135i
A few other German and Swedish things (Audi, VW, Saab)
----
Ford Fiesta ST
GT350R

So, no, not a Ford guy, but a guy who likes cars that are balanced and handle well and have manual transmissions and are reasonably practical and make good sounds and can be taken onto a track without a million mods just to make them survive the experience. The Fiesta ST is better than the (BMW) Mini, and the GT350R is better than the M4. Right tool for the job will always get my vote, no matter what badge is on it.

locknload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Fords and older Toyotas, although no Toyotas now. Not pictured is my wife's Expedition and we've since sold the F100, too many pokers in the fire but always have an eye out for the right FJ80.
20180810_084420.jpg

OP
OP
tex929rr

tex929rr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Great responses, guys. I also consider myself more of a car guy - I just sort of found myself in this spot. We still own a Miata, Samurai, and VW Thing (I call them my wife’s Ghost fleet). The bikes morphed over the years from all Hondas to one Honda, one Suzuki, and two Yamahas.

Cars have included:
Subaru
Honda
Dodge
Acura
Saturn
Chevrolet
Mazda
Suzuki
Datsun (dating my self with this one)
Nissan
Ford
Alfa Romeo
VW

We also owned a Kawasaki and Aprilia motorcycle at different times.

I sold my 05 C6 to buy the GT. It was a great car, but whoever posted about the Corvette community was right about the demographics.

Anyway, all of my Fords have been great and I plan on keeping these three for a long time.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Yeah a experimental car that lasted 14 years! Do you hear yourself?
So....what does a Ford Mustang look like?
Mmmmmm, your question was, "what does a Ford Mustang look like?". I am not sure of how to answer that. Since I have owned two and you own one now, then I think we both know the answer to that question.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
More fords than anything else. Five out of 35 vehicles (6 if you count Mercury). Three were Mustangs.
Sponsored