Who will swap for the new 7.3 V8!

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm very happy with the stock power. I like having to downshift to get into the power.
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
What the F?

V8 owner for over 32 years and 2.5” is nothing. Nothing for a swap. In fact there is less ancillary crap around this motor to deal with so it’s nothing.

Just out of curiosity - bud - how many V8s in your life and how many years?

I won’t even get into the trucks... :cwl:

Anyway nice try derailing this thread - it didn’t work.
No derailing here, but decent attempt at a strawman

How many V8s you owned in the past doesn't mean dick. You don't own THIS car in a V8 variant. If you did, you'd see how little extra room we have to work with. AT LEAST 2.5" may not have been a big deal for a piece of shit foxbody, but that could be the difference between fitting and not fitting in these cars. They're packaged very tight, and don't have as much room to spare as your sorry V6.

Also, keep in mind, it's AT LEAST 2.5" based on bore spacing alone. realistically, it could be (and likely is) even more. And aside from whether or not it would fit, it's still a stupid fucking idea

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
... 2.5” is nothing. Nothing for a swap.... it’s nothing.
... If engineermike is correct then 2.5” longer is the number. That is nothing - Nothing!...
You’ve never done an engine swap have you? Have you ever even pulled and rebuilt an engine? Your posts indicate “no”. And why would I expect any different, from someone who complains about the lack of low rpm torque of engines he’s never driven.

Anyway, 2.5” length is the difference between a bbc and an sbc. Anyone who’s ever done that swap will tell you that 2.5” is definitely not nothing.

I suppose the 4” length difference between a 4.3 Chevy and an sbc is also basically nothing also, right? Who here has crammed a v8 into an s10 and concluded that 4” is nothing as well?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
You’ve never done an engine swap have you? Have you ever even pulled and rebuilt an engine? Your posts indicate “no”. And why would I expect any different, from someone who complains about the lack of low rpm torque of engines he’s never driven.

Anyway, 2.5” length is the difference between a bbc and an sbc. Anyone who’s ever done that swap will tell you that 2.5” is definitely not nothing.

I suppose the 4” length difference between a 4.3 Chevy and an sbc is also basically nothing also, right? Who here has crammed a v8 into an s10 and concluded that 4” is nothing as well?
Watch out, Mike. He's gonna accuse you of "derailing the thread"... as if this thread ever even had any valid substance LMAO

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

You guys had me thinking like 12”. :crackup:

This is a simple dumb motor. No DI or any of that. It’s lean and mean so I think it will fit.

But time will tell.

The fact the performance issue seems to have disappeared is a victory of sorts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

In this case you are right. And I’m not going to try. I’ll let the experts in the aftermarket do it and then pay for it. If you go back to the start of his thread the engine swap is more of a reality than it’s seemed back then.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is a simple dumb motor. No DI or any of that. It’s lean and mean so I think it will fit.

But time will tell.

The fact the performance issue seems to have disappeared is a victory of sorts.
None of those things mean ANYTHING in regard to fitment. The engineers have said it won't fit, so chances are, it won't fit. The work it would take to swap this engine wouldn't even be remotely close to being worth it

And no, the fact that the performance issue "disappeared" is because it's like talking to a brick wall... we're all aware the performance would be abysmal and a downgrade from pretty much ANY other option for the cost, but it's not worth trying to help you understand because you just don't have the capacity to

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
In this case you are right.
Never even done an engine swap, yet tries to question my authority on the subject because "I'M oLd AnD oWnEd MoRe VeE aIgHtS"... LMFAOOOO

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The engineers have said it won't fit, so chances are, it won't fit. The work it would take to swap this engine wouldn't even be remotely close to being worth it.

Only one person said it along with the statement without altering the firewall. If there is interest some small business will setup shop. Could even be any of the well known shops also.

We will find out shortly. But the emotion around this is more curious to me. Why the rabid concern about this swap? If it happens it is definitely so cool! But if not so what? I’m not going to commit suicide, or check into a mental institution.

This is the largest real truck motor I can probably fit in my Mustang. Real as in a truck motor that will do work like real trucks. Low horsepower high torque and all, as a life long truck guy this swap has its merits, it’s appeal. Telling me to get a 5.0 does not address what is compelling about this swap to me. I already had two 5.0s so been there and done that. Time for something different - warts and all...

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
We will find out shortly. But the emotion around this is more curious to me. Why the rabid concern about this swap? If it happens it is defiantly so cool! But if not so what? I’m not going to commit suicide, or check into a mental institution.
The only emotion here is coming from you. We're all just giving you the facts...
1. It most likely won't fit
2. Even if it does, it'll still need significant modification
3. The work to swap this engine will probably be the least performance per dollar of any other common swap
4. There is a WORLD of better options, and there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to swap this engine other than to be "different"
5. "Different" is not synonymous with "good"

Those are the facts. You're the one speaking out of emotion. We're just trying to get you to understand these facts

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is the largest real truck motor I can probably fit in my Mustang. Real as in a truck motor that will do work like real trucks. Low horsepower high torque and all, as a life long truck guy this swap has its merits, it’s appeal. Telling me to get a 5.0 does not address what is compelling about this swap to me. I already had two 5.0s so been there and done that. Time for something different - warts and all...
I seriously want you to answer this question, because you've been avoiding it this whole thread

Why not just buy a truck?

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I seriously want you to answer this question, because you've been avoiding it this whole thread

Why not just buy a truck?

The 15-17 Mustang is a beautiful car and I like driving a small sporty car. I actually like the V6 and could keep living with it no problem. Then came this engine and I got interested in this swap. If you got to the GT500 forums months and months ago you will see me hoping they put a 7 litre engine in there. So my interest is consistent and I’ll post the link if you don’t believe me.

As for buying a truck I will drive three different trucks today. A large inline six - large V8 - another large inline six. Some times I drive five different trucks in one day. I don’t have to buy one to get my fix. But a truck motor in a Mustang is cool.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The 15-17 Mustang is a beautiful car and I like driving a small sporty car. I actually like the V6 and could keep living with it no problem. Then came this engine and I got interested in this swap. If you got to the GT500 forums months and months ago you will see me hoping they put a 7 litre engine in there. So my interest is consistent and I’ll post the link if you don’t believe me.

As for buying a truck I will drive three different trucks today. A large inline six - large V8 - another large inline six. Some times I drive five different trucks in one day. I don’t have to buy one to get my fix. But a truck motor in a Mustang is cool.
So you want a small good looking sporty car that's not to be driven every day (since you have other options) and has a big engine... so now, why not buy a classic big block muscle car?

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
So you want a small good looking sporty car that's not to be driven every day (since you have other options) and has a big engine... so now, why not buy a classic big block muscle car?

Actually I drive the Mustang everyday.

Those old cars are old cars now. This new engine is a charm with old world design and modern amenities that old school hot rodders can get comfy with.

To give you an idea of the problems with old V8s, here is my first car. A 1979 Mercury Marquis with a 302 V8 topped with a Ford Variable Venturi carborator - the shittiest carborator every designed in the history of the universe!

Mercury_Marquis_1.jpg

Trust me it was horrible but got me started in hot rodding and the first mod was a traditional carborator! Check out the snorkel and that stainless steel clamp that holds the flex hose to this flimsy heat shroud (bolted to the exhaust manifold) that is activated by vacuum and draws warm air to the carb for better drivability.

Trust me the 7.3 swap is a better idea. I hope that answers your question...

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Because we want a modern good handling, modern styling with lots of fun down low power that the classic muscle cars had. Why is that so wrong?
Sponsored