Sponsored

Sway Bar

david buick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
72 Buick GS, volvo 64 122s, 2013 Boss 302 laguna seca, 2019 Fiat Spiaggina 58, 2019 Bullitt (not yet)
Are the Bullitt sway from the PP1 ?
Front and rear or only the front ?

Thank you
Sponsored

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
Wondering this exact same thing. Thanks for posting.

SLOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I was under the impression that the Bullitt has the PP1 sway bars. Having watched a Zander13 video where he ordered the 17/18 GT350R front and rears bars for his 2018 PP1 GT I did the same. I also had the same look on my face (huh???) when I measured the bars thickness and the Bullitt rear bar was roughly 2 mm thicker than the GT350R bar. Thanks Zander! Without any sort of testing gear I'm going to assume that a thicker factory bar will be stiffer. I know that there are other factors that go into a rigidity calc such as the metal used, arm lengths, etc, but others have posted measurements of all the sway bars ford offers and thicker generally means stiffer. I'm holding off installing until more info comes out. Worst case, I'm out roughly $125 for both bars or will sale them for whatever I can get. The more I get used to the car the more I feel the car is a tad bit floaty with the sway bars on our Bullitts so I still want to upgrade to something a little stiffer. After market is always an option, but I was looking to save a few bucks. Anyway, I hope others weigh in and this topic leads to some answers.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I was under the impression that the Bullitt has the PP1 sway bars. Having watched a Zander13 video where he ordered the 17/18 GT350R front and rears bars for his 2018 PP1 GT I did the same. I also had the same look on my face (huh???) when I measured the bars thickness and the Bullitt rear bar was roughly 2 mm thicker than the GT350R bar. Thanks Zander! Without any sort of testing gear I'm going to assume that a thicker factory bar will be stiffer. I know that there are other factors that go into a rigidity calc such as the metal used, arm lengths, etc, but others have posted measurements of all the sway bars ford offers and thicker generally means stiffer. I'm holding off installing until more info comes out. Worst case, I'm out roughly $125 for both bars or will sale them for whatever I can get. The more I get used to the car the more I feel the car is a tad bit floaty with the sway bars on our Bullitts so I still want to upgrade to something a little stiffer. After market is always an option, but I was looking to save a few bucks. Anyway, I hope others weigh in and this topic leads to some answers.

It also matters if it's a solid bar or hollow.

Sponsored

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm interested in this kit, bit not much info ! PP2 sway bar and Software Upgrade ?

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9602-M
Ok, I'm definitely getting a bit confused. How does this package compare with this one (which I was contemplating as an upgrade)?

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...018-magneride-equipped-gt-2018-2019/p/M5700N/

Specifically, do both of these packages offer an actual upgrade in terms of sway bar performance compared to the PP1 sway bars that come stock on the 2019 Bullitt? Thanks in advance for help deciphering these options.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Ok, I'm definitely getting a bit confused. How does this package compare with this one (which I was contemplating as an upgrade)?

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...018-magneride-equipped-gt-2018-2019/p/M5700N/

Specifically, do both of these packages offer an actual upgrade in terms of sway bar performance compared to the PP1 sway bars that come stock on the 2019 Bullitt? Thanks in advance for help deciphering these options.
Looks like one also tunes the Magneride on GT and PP1 cars.

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like one also tunes the Magneride on GT and PP1 cars.
So if I'm reading the parts content right for both kits, the sway bars, springs and related hardware are the same but the M-9602-M kit includes the VDM software upgrade that would improve the Magneride software to increase performance for non-PP2 and non-GT-350 Mustangs equipped with Magneride. In essence, the VDM module would bump PP1 cars like our Bullitts up to PP2 spec Magneride tuning. The M-5700_N kit has the same hardware but no VDM software upgrade.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
So if I'm reading the parts content right for both kits, the sway bars, springs and related hardware are the same but the M-9602-M kit includes the VDM software upgrade that would improve the Magneride software to increase performance for non-PP2 and non-GT-350 Mustangs equipped with Magneride. In essence, the VDM module would bump PP1 cars like our Bullitts up to PP2 spec Magneride tuning. The M-5700_N kit has the same hardware but no VDM software upgrade.
According to the Ford page the bars and springs are also upgrades for the PP2. So really, knuckles aside it would result in a bit over the normal PP2.

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt-DHG | 2010 Yaris 3Dr HB |
Curious what you chose? I'm in decision for the M-5700-N or the M-9602-M as well.

Cheers!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Curious what you chose? I'm in decision for the M-5700-N or the M-9602-M as well.

Cheers!
I have the M-9602-M, no regrets. cars still a great comfortable ride and much more firm/flat in corners on sport/track.
Sponsored