Multiple Maps with Custom Tune?

jbostian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I am planning on moving to a custom tune in the near future. This is probably different for each tuner, but I was wondering if you get multiple maps with a custom tune. I am planning on tuning for 93 octane and will use this the majority of the time. But I am also interested in E30, since I just found two stations close to me with E85. I would like the E30 to be one of the map slots on the accessport so I can swap between the two easily. Do they include any kind of "safe" map in case I you get a tank of bad gas? Ideally what I would like is a the 93 tune on slot 1, E30 on slot 2, and "safe" tune on slot 3.
Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Cobb accessport can and I have multiple on my tune+ tune, I can change them on the fly with the unit unplugged too. Any tuner that uses the accessport should be able to do it.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you have a 2018+. :headbang: For the 2018 Mustang, Cobb hasn't implemented 5-way map switching (slots) or any of the other fun features available on the 2015-17 tunes, like flat foot shifting, trans braking/bump box, burnout mode, launch control, etc... I understand that Ford changed some fundamentals with the 2018+ PCM programming, but it would be nice to have the same features as the 2015-17. When I bought my Accessport, I didn't realize the features weren't carried over to 2018+, just figured they hadn't updated their documentation like I've encountered on so many vendor websites for their parts descriptions for applicable years. The last update to v102 this month added support for the 2019 without adding any of the features. :frown:

OP
OP
jbostian

jbostian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Unless you have a 2018+. :headbang: For the 2018 Mustang, Cobb hasn't implemented 5-way map switching (slots) or any of the other fun features available on the 2015-17 tunes, like flat foot shifting, trans braking/bump box, burnout mode, launch control, etc... I understand that Ford changed some fundamentals with the 2018+ PCM programming, but it would be nice to have the same features as the 2015-17. When I bought my Accessport, I didn't realize the features weren't carried over to 2018+, just figured they hadn't updated their documentation like I've encountered on so many vendor websites for their parts descriptions for applicable years. The last update to v102 this month added support for the 2019 without adding any of the features. :frown:
Sorry to hear you don't have those features for your car. I have a 15, so I wasn't aware of those features didn't work on the 18+. I have been talking to Ryan with Purple Drank tuning and he can setup the tunes on different map slots like I wanted. I will be getting my first very soon.
Sponsored