breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
My mustang is mostly a track car with some weekend driving so the price of the new parts isn't worth it to me. I'll just wait until a used one pops up. I have a guy keeping the lookout for one.

If you're asking why I want adaptive cruise on mostly a track car its really because I love it on my fusion and it would be nice the few times I drive it. I'm just a geek like that.
Sponsored

w1ldthing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alun
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT V8 (MY17)
How did you get the defroster grille up and out?
I can't get my big hands in at the right angle to pull it out!

OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
How did you get the defroster grille up and out?
I can't get my big hands in at the right angle to pull it out!
You have to remove the side panels on the a-pillar and then pull up. I used the regular door panel removal tools. Hope this helps a bit.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
I will try to answer the questions.

The connector looks similar to 14S411Q but it is not exactly this one. 8 pins in a row but the coding tabs are left and right. I found them on Ebay and one was not from Ford but from Toyota. Since the sensor is the same for many cars and brands, this was no issue.
You could check the 3rd picture in this offer on Ebay https://www.ebay.de/itm/2017-Ford-E...or-Sensor-OEM-GV6T-14D599-AC-LKQ/312179348609

The wiring diagram looks about right. The ground in the mirrors is already there and I added the ground connection to the existing wires.

The correct wires are already going to the BCMB (right side behind the carpet). I just spliced the new wires to the existing ones.

The BU/WH power cable I did connect to the power line of the rear view camera. The cable is running through the trunk on the right side. You should find it there. Be careful with the color coding, because there are some other wires with similar/same colors, which have different functions.

The bracket has clips on the backside. You just clip it to the car. You only have to remove the covers as the holes are already there. I do have some pictures of the installation process.
I think that I will just wire mine to the factory turnsignal lights.

w1ldthing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alun
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT V8 (MY17)
Anybody know if it's possible to test HUD out of car. Mine was second hand and is definitely getting power but CCM is not seeing it.

Sponsored

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
It was the easiest and cheapest mod I've done, and easily one of the most rewarding. Since you have to replace the auto dimming mirror harness some of the wiring is done for you. The most difficult part was getting a new windshield.

Could you give more info on the auto wipers? I have a cracked windshield I need to replace anyway and thought it would be a good time to try the retrofit.

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost Premium

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
So with the help of @hro0250 I finished the ACC installation. ACC is working great and collision warning is working too.

On a very high level these are the steps:

1)
ACC module + ACC backet + ACC-pig-tail + nuts&bolts
FR3Z-9E731-C
FR3Z-14C022-A
WPT-1434
2x W705134-S442
2x W520822-S439
1x W714729-S440
Mounting the bracket required to adjust the air deflector a little.
IMAG2017_small.jpg

Also the sensor must be mounted in the correct position which is vertical. Be sure you do this when your car is on a level surface.
IMAG2034_small.jpg

2)
ACC module wiring
A ground connector is pretty close to the ACC sensor. The power connection was added to the correct fuse in the fuse panel box. And the 2 data lines where spliced in directly to the correct lines just above the sensor.
IMAG2025_small.jpg

3)
New Cruise Control switch
FR3Z-9C888-DA
To change the switch you need to remove the steering wheel air bag. So you better know what you are doing.
IMAG2094_small.jpg

4)
Head-up display (and maybe defroster grill), pig-tail and wiring
FR3Z-19G468-A
HR3Z-63044E82-AA
WPT-983
I did not buy a new defroster grill but did cut a hole into the one I had and glued the HUD sensor to that grill. The connector for the HUD was already there, but the power was not connected. I added the missing link in the BCM area (passenger footwell area). Maybe you need to add the pig-tail and wiring completely.
IMAG2003_small.jpg

5)
Lower Bumper Grill - Base Version
Since I got a base car there was no change required for me. Installing a base grill is no big issue apart from the looks.

6)
Programming
Programming can be done using FORScan with the extended license.

ABS
760-02-01 xxxx xxxx A0
760-02-02 xxxx 11

SCCM
724-03-01 30xx xxxx xx New steering wheel switch

BCM
726-13-01 xxxC 4xxx xxxx Adaptive Cruise Control + Collision mitigation by braking

IPC
720-01-01: xFxx-xxxx-xxxx Cruise Options in Advanced Settings
720-01-02: xxxx-5xxx Front Collision Warning

CCM (ACC module)
764-01-01 0413 0101
764-02-01..04: VIN (can be copied from ABS module)

7)
ACC Sensor Calibration
The sensor calibration can be started using FORScan. The calibration only works if you do not have any related DTCs.

Hope this helps a bit. And I will gladly answer any questions (here or via PM).
HOW DID YOU GET THE HUD TO WORK? YOU STATED YOU DID SOMETHING IN THE BCM? THX

OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
HOW DID YOU GET THE HUD TO WORK? YOU STATED YOU DID SOMETHING IN THE BCM? THX
Hey Ray
So far the HUD is not working for me :-( I am almost sure my wiring is correct and the diagnostics is saying as well that everything is fine. So I guess there is something wrong with my HUD.

I checked the wiring from my HUD connector and found that the signal wires and ground have been fine, but power was missing. And I found out that the power wire was ending in C212 (large connector on the right well above the BCM) and it was not connected to any power source. So I added the missing wire to provide power to the HUD.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Falk

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I added the adaptive cruise control module and all parts, did the programming and my sensor will not calibrate. Drove for 30 minutes. Any ideas? No codes except sensor missing calibration. Is it the leveling possibly, i did it in my driveway with a level? Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored
OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
I added the adaptive cruise control module and all parts, did the programming and my sensor will not calibrate. Drove for 30 minutes. Any ideas? No codes except sensor missing calibration. Is it the leveling possibly, i did it in my driveway with a level? Any help would be appreciated
Hello Ray,
so you get the calibration process started? If so, you should drive on a street which has obstacles like parked cars on either side of the lane (not necessarily at the same time). This way the module can find the left and right boundary of the lane you are driving in.
For me the calibration took only 5 mins.

Cheers,
Falk

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone who added adaptive cruise have the 2018 LCD Cluster upgrade? I can get the ACC to work with the 2018 Analog Cluster but get an error with the LCD One. Yes I programmed it all.

Anyone with an 2018 or newer Mustang able to read the CCM Module with UCDS and get me the Calibrations files that are loaded for an 2018.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Anyone who added adaptive cruise have the 2018 LCD Cluster upgrade? I can get the ACC to work with the 2018 Analog Cluster but get an error with the LCD One. Yes I programmed it all.

Anyone with an 2018 or newer Mustang able to read the CCM Module with UCDS and get me the Calibrations files that are loaded for an 2018.
Did you ever sort this out? I have a digital cluster upgrade as well and I'm considering doing the ACC upgrade next.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Y
Did you ever sort this out? I have a digital cluster upgrade as well and I'm considering doing the ACC upgrade next.
es, the problem was I had the 180mph speedometer file from the bullitt Mustang. I flashed back to normal 160 mph and that fixed it. I now have the 180 mph fixed and working as of two weeks ago.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Thanks for the reply. Mind if I ask what you had to do to get it working with the 180mph file? My cluster is from a Bullitt so it has the 180mph speedo too.
Sponsored