The best driving roads...

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
I envy you that. I'd be doing it daily if I was closer... this image was taken at about 5am on the day that I did it back in 2016

Facking epic.
20160719_050722_HDR.jpg
A job for the weekend I reckon then
Sponsored

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
Breacons Beacons for breakfast, ahead of a day blasting road Wales.
IMG_20190317_090551.jpg
IMG_20190317_090536.jpg

Last edited:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Got a little road trip coming up... I'm heading over to Wales on Saturday am with @stevec & his 2 sons - 4 cars, 4 nights away, 5 days of driving :sunglasses:

First 2 nights are in Brecon, followed by 2 in Snowdonia - fairly south. We have a few things on the agenda so far, but thought i'd reach out on here for any "must see/do" things we may need to squeeze in to our schedule! Obviously got the Black Mountain Pass penciled in, all of the main scenic major roads; A498, A4086 etc, potentially the Evo Triangle, but any extra inspiration/recommendations would be appreciated!

Also, any recommended stops - including good eats will go down well :thumbsup: we have a keen photographer with us, so we'll be seeking out photo locations as well

Cheers

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
evo triangle now with extra average speed camera's :(
When did they go in? I was there in late Feb and there was no sign of them then. The was a van at the top of the triangle, but no average cams.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Got a little road trip coming up... I'm heading over to Wales on Saturday am with @stevec & his 2 sons - 4 cars, 4 nights away, 5 days of driving :sunglasses:

First 2 nights are in Brecon, followed by 2 in Snowdonia - fairly south. We have a few things on the agenda so far, but thought i'd reach out on here for any "must see/do" things we may need to squeeze in to our schedule! Obviously got the Black Mountain Pass penciled in, all of the main scenic major roads; A498, A4086 etc, potentially the Evo Triangle, but any extra inspiration/recommendations would be appreciated!

Also, any recommended stops - including good eats will go down well :thumbsup: we have a keen photographer with us, so we'll be seeking out photo locations as well

Cheers
This route is from one end of the the Triangle... The starting point is really "A" though. Any part of this is fun.

Shared route
From A5 to A483 via A5.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/wUxS8DocTEaaSLq87

Be careful of some Welsh b roads, they weren't FocST friendly let alone Mustang. I've found myself in some very strange places - a road that seemed to go through a farmers yard at one point.

The Mountain view carpark at the top of the pass is a must stop. (Watch out for the potholes, some of them a deep as fuck)

IMG_0714.JPG

Last edited:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
When did they go in? I was there in late Feb and there was no sign of them then. The was a van at the top of the triangle, but no average cams.
fairly recently i would assume based off these articles about them

https://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/blog/average-speed-cameras-not-the-end-as-we-know-it/40132

https://www.pistonheads.com/features/ph-features/bmw-m4-cs-f82-meets-bmw-m3-cs-e46/40033

After some generous last-minute match-making from the BMW Car Club we meet our E46 and its proud owner at the base of a well-known triangle of roads in North Wales. Now sufficiently well-known that the western side is freshly punctuated by boot-cooling average speed cameras. What was that about appropriate performance for modern roads?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Cheers

Worth a quick stop to maybe catch something...

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
wow now that is some really good footage especially of an osprey not falling out of the sky or exploding.
Sponsored