Convertibles Photos Thread

drummergelly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None

After a year of having mine I got them tinted at 20% as well, there's a couple of videos of me with the top down and the windows up leaving Cars and Coffee and you can barely see me. I wouldn't go without them tinted now. It looks good even with the windows up and the top down. Plus, on road trips it stops my arms from getting sunburnt in the late morning or early evening. I drive to Texas in July once a year and the without the windows tinted I got some weird sunburn lines. The second year, with the tint was wayyyy better since I could put the windows up just enough to get shade on my pale northern skin! :handsinair:
Sponsored

Last edited:

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I haven't tinted my windows. When I first bought the car it was my first thing to do, since it's what I do to all my cars. But wife said I shouldn't tint because we can put the top down, windows up, and it's still like we're exposed to the world since there's no darkening to break the illusion. Obviously with tinted windows that won't happen. But I also realize 95% of the time I either have the top and windows up, or the top and windows down. So I'm back to considering it. Can I see some photos with the top down, windows up, and tints?
Personally, I love the ability to have the top down and tinted windows up when I don't want to see anyone's ugly face, but still want to feel the open air.
Privacy and freedom all in 1. Murica:flag:
IMG_9924.JPG
IMG_9925.JPG
IMG_9928.JPG

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible

After a year of having mine I got them tinted at 20% as well, there's a couple of videos of me with the top down and the windows up leaving Cars and Coffee and you can barely see me. I wouldn't go without them tinted now. It looks good even with the windows up and the top down. Plus, on road trips it stops my arms from getting sunburnt in the late morning or early evening. I drive to Texas in July once a year and the without the windows tinted I got some weird sunburn lines. The second year, with the tint was wayyyy better since I could put the windows up just enough to get shade on my pale northern skin! :handsinair:
Dude, that's a great picture. Your car looks great, the car in the background looks great, and hell even the floor looks clean and like a nice place to park your car. That is definitely not in South Florida :-(

drummergelly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
Dude, that's a great picture. Your car looks great, the car in the background looks great, and hell even the floor looks clean and like a nice place to park your car. That is definitely not in South Florida :-(
Thanks man!! I appreciate it! This is at a monthly car show called Cars & Caves, it was the last show of the year in October. It’s in a car condo facility where people buy “garages” for their cars and keep them indoors year round. Some of these garages are insane, lofts with huge screen TV’s, bars, ping pong tables, a gym area, plus at least two or more lifts to store and work on cars. It’s impressive just to see who opens their doors for the show. There are some rare cars kept hidden here in MN.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Took part in some shenanigans today. Here are some pics. Will have more to share later.

IMG_0207-Edited.jpg

IMG_0230-Edited.jpg
Great Group of cars! wish i was there!...Will have good weather here soon.....

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
First sun on a weekend this year. Mid sixies on the coast.
20190316_150209.jpg

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Redcruiser

Nice pix!

Question...did you notice any difference in handling or flex after installing the Steeda jacking rails?

thanks

CVCashmere

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Redcruiser

Nice pix!

Question...did you notice any difference in handling or flex after installing the Steeda jacking rails?

thanks

CVCashmere
Not so much handling, but it does seem that the ride is a bit stiffer. Maybe I'm just imagining it but I do feel its slightly stiffer to the point where I've considered removing them just to see if thats really the case.

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Not so much handling, but it does seem that the ride is a bit stiffer. Maybe I'm just imagining it but I do feel its slightly stiffer to the point where I've considered removing them just to see if thats really the case.
If you do temporarily remove them...please post if there is a difference. I don't jack my car up often enough but if they make the body stiffer, I am all in!

thanks

CVcashmere

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
IMG_5460.JPG
IMG_5452.JPG
We got a the PP1 + a lot of brake and suspension upgrades done on the 17 GT PP1 project recently. Will try and figure out how to post the multi step snipet video if anyone is interested. It took about 7 hrs because of the extra convertible parts. Cant wait for part 2 and 3. If anyone is interested I will share so info on what I did so far.
IMG_5465.JPG
IMG_5460.JPG
IMG_5469.JPG

DroptopGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 vert GT
I haven't tinted my windows. When I first bought the car it was my first thing to do, since it's what I do to all my cars. But wife said I shouldn't tint because we can put the top down, windows up, and it's still like we're exposed to the world since there's no darkening to break the illusion. Obviously with tinted windows that won't happen. But I also realize 95% of the time I either have the top and windows up, or the top and windows down. So I'm back to considering it. Can I see some photos with the top down, windows up, and tints?
Here’s some pics
3F070F94-8F2A-4DDD-BEC9-142F130BFE1D.jpeg
54B51F90-CCB1-4BF5-AFF7-C28A438F9EF2.jpeg
9FF4A02D-52CA-482E-9B8D-E5F1B27A7B47.jpeg

DroptopGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 vert GT
Hey all great time to clean and protect your top if you haven’t in awhile. If it soaks up water needs protection.

These are what I use and would highly recommend the brush. Not cheap but cleans well yet gentle on your top. Fits hand well too. Used a plastic mattress bag cut up to cover.
ED98F008-1546-4E68-B700-7D6F33D1F7F1.jpeg
B17EF191-98ED-4AE9-8CCD-644C80CD5577.jpeg
540501D9-5DDC-48CF-852A-132398083B5A.jpeg
F2685EEC-808C-4BDD-9730-04224A6B495B.jpeg
7EB4D6BD-A59A-4F87-80DB-630274513576.jpeg
4D522BB5-1862-47DD-91DD-3C5A4A945A2D.jpeg
19948399-687E-4AB5-95B5-747C66B44B3A.jpeg
Sponsored