Sponsored

I've replaced one 2 tonne American beast with another.

markleigh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark... duh!
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT ...just sold :-(
OK, don't hate me but the new car is still as American as baseball, school shootings and obesity.
Mustang sold and replaced with new Jeep Wrangler Overland... one week old.
Went in to Jeep dealer just to to get the tyre pressure sensors re-calibrated on my 2007 Cherokee (also now sold) and ended up testing and eventually ordering the new car (my wife says I'm now not allowed in any car showroom without a grown-up present).
Why?
Well the Mustang needed taxing and new tyres and Ford (not the dealer) had messed me about on the Bullitt delivery by getting my car mixed up with another one and giving me a delivery date that was fast approaching - and then telling me that in fact, mine hadn't even been built - and that took the shine and excitement off the new car. Plus I could do with extra space for Maxwell Woofington (dog) and Mrs L would drive the Jeep (she didn't drive the Mustang). Oh yes, five year warranty and three years free servicing. And cheaper insurance.
Not an easy decision to make but meh... what can you do.
I'll still be lurking on this site but thanks to everyone who's given me advice or just read my inane posts from time to time.
As Arnie said, "I'll be back".
Mark
IMG_8683 copy 2.jpg
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Congrats, test drove one of these last week, really liked it, I prefer the Rubicon but they are hard to get hold of, did like how the roof lifted off thought that would be cool on a mustang :sunglasses:, thought the gearbox was very smooth, think it’s a Alfa engine and gearbox, shame it’s only a 2 litre petrol, think the petrol version will have worse mpg that the 5 litre mustang :cwl: would of been cool if they put a nice V8 in it though

OP
OP
markleigh

markleigh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark... duh!
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT ...just sold :-(
Congrats, test drove one of these last week, really liked it, I prefer the Rubicon but they are hard to get hold of, did like how the roof lifted off thought that would be cool on a mustang :sunglasses:, thought the gearbox was very smooth, think it’s a Alfa engine and gearbox, shame it’s only a 2 litre petrol, think the petrol version will have worse mpg that the 5 litre mustang :cwl: would of been cool if they put a nice V8 in it though
You can get a conversion kit for the supercharged 6.2L Hemi SRT Hellcat V8 engine from the Dodge Challenger Hellcat (797 hp in the Hellcat)

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
OK, don't hate me but the new car is still as American as baseball, school shootings and obesity.
Mustang sold and replaced with new Jeep Wrangler Overland... one week old.
Went in to Jeep dealer just to to get the tyre pressure sensors re-calibrated on my 2007 Cherokee (also now sold) and ended up testing and eventually ordering the new car (my wife says I'm now not allowed in any car showroom without a grown-up present).
Why?
Well the Mustang needed taxing and new tyres and Ford (not the dealer) had messed me about on the Bullitt delivery by getting my car mixed up with another one and giving me a delivery date that was fast approaching - and then telling me that in fact, mine hadn't even been built - and that took the shine and excitement off the new car. Plus I could do with extra space for Maxwell Woofington (dog) and Mrs L would drive the Jeep (she didn't drive the Mustang). Oh yes, five year warranty and three years free servicing. And cheaper insurance.
Not an easy decision to make but meh... what can you do.
I'll still be lurking on this site but thanks to everyone who's given me advice or just read my inane posts from time to time.
As Arnie said, "I'll be back".
Mark
IMG_8683 copy 2.jpg
Do like a wrangler especially in the summer, may need to get another older one but will keep the mustang
03527982-4549-4ABC-AB6E-F765F277259B.jpeg

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
You can get a conversion kit for the supercharged 6.2L Hemi SRT Hellcat V8 engine from the Dodge Challenger Hellcat (797 hp in the Hellcat)
That would make it one stunning beast :sunglasses:

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
I have a 2014 Wrangler 3.6, and i love it. In 5 years nothing has gone wrong either, and its cheap to run, apart from tax and fuel of course, but then that applies to my Mustang too, although the Mustang uses far less fuel than the Jeep overall. i assumed i would want the new Wrangler when it arrived, but the price increases in the last 5 years are huge and i would have preferred to get a manual this time (which Jeep Europe decided we dont want!). Still temped though, so keep us updated how you get on with it, and enjoy!
Sponsored