LewisL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Shadow Edition S550
Hi All,

Thinking about changing the wheels on my s550 GT.

Wanna get as wide a wheel in the back with a proper width tyre as well. I like a really flush fit I'm on eibach springs so about an inch drop at the minute I'm happy with the ride height it's sensible for a daily driver

I'd like to go 20x11 anyone running that currently? If so what offset you got how flush does it fit and what size tyre you running?

Also what are you running up front? I'm thinking of staggering the size as in running a 19 in the front? Thinking 19x10? But agian offset and tyre size?

Thanks

Lewis
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
about 35 then. I'm 40 offset on x10.5.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Have a look here - https://www.willtheyfit.com/
You can play around with sizes and offsets.

Stock is...
Front 9J x 19" ET 45
Rear 9.5J x 19" ET 52.5

OP
OP
LewisL

LewisL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
Have a look here - https://www.willtheyfit.com/
You can play around with sizes and offsets.

Stock is...
Front 9J x 19" ET 45
Rear 9.5J x 19" ET 52.5

Yea just had a play ET48 give me about what I have now assuming I have about 3.5cm of clearance on the strut

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Think that will be a bit to extreme need to go the other way 45-48 I think
40 on x10.5 has zero poke. I maybe mathsing wrong, but he needs to go 'down' 10 points (Whether that's towards 50 or 30 i can't remember lol)

OP
OP
LewisL

LewisL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
40 on x10.5 has zero poke. I maybe mathsing wrong, but he needs to go 'down' 10 points (Whether that's towards 50 or 30 i can't remember lol)
Lower gives more poke but 11 is a 1/2 inch bigger so a quarter of an inch closer to the arch plus then if I went 10mm lower on offset would poke Evernote further

Done a little investigation on the state side and they all seem to run 48-50 offsets on an 11j and looks about right but just wondered if anyone over her had a set on their car for pics etc

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Lower gives more poke but 11 is a 1/2 inch bigger so a quarter of an inch closer to the arch plus then if I went 10mm lower on offset would poke Evernote further

Done a little investigation on the state side and they all seem to run 48-50 offsets on an 11j and looks about right but just wondered if anyone over her had a set on their car for pics etc
had a hunt, you're right, 45-50 is the EJ you want, closer to 50 the better. Then it depends on rubber regarding how much more that may stick out for lining it up with arches/avoiding rub etc.

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I had MRR 19x11 on the rear with offset +55 and had fitted 305/35/19 tyres. That was just about a perfect fit. I decided against the Project 6GR's at +50 as I thought that was getting too flush. Over here in Australia (NSW) Police are very strict with poke.

You also need to check the wheel/tyre combo as over here we have limits on increase of overall diameter over the OEM setup; that's the main reason I stayed with 19's as with 20's I would have had to go with a 30 aspect ratio which I considered may have made the ride more harsh.

Car's gone now but I'll see if I can find a photo.

OP
OP
LewisL

LewisL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
I had MRR 19x11 on the rear with offset +55 and had fitted 305/35/19 tyres. That was just about a perfect fit. I decided against the Project 6GR's at +50 as I thought that was getting too flush. Over here in Australia (NSW) Police are very strict with poke.

You also need to check the wheel/tyre combo as over here we have limits on increase of overall diameter over the OEM setup; that's the main reason I stayed with 19's as with 20's I would have had to go with a 30 aspect ratio which I considered may have made the ride more harsh.

Car's gone now but I'll see if I can find a photo.
We don't have those laws luckily lol

Pics be good thanks

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
We don't have those laws luckily lol

Pics be good thanks
Yeah we do. The tread has to be within the arches, and you can have a smaller overall rolling circumference but not larger as larger means the speedo reads slower than actual speed. Not sure how strictly these laws are applied over here as lots of owners run larger diameter wheel/tyre combos to varying degrees.

SpectorV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
with a 20x11 a backspacing of 7.25 would be about right, that would mean the offset is 1.75 inches or 45mm~ this is based on a 20mm spacer on a 9.5 17GT PP wheel being fender flush as 25 pokes a bit.

The front spacing (width - backspacing) needs to be 3.75 inches on the rear... if you have a lowered car this may need to be MORE as the wheel tucks inward as the suspension travels up (or so I believe) I have no idea how much though.
Sponsored