Sponsored

When closing the door, use the handle, not the paint...

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
+1 for using the window molding. Its frustrating when they grab the paint. Has anyone had a passenger get out and use the glass to close the door?

I had my car parked at a disc golf course and finished my round and went to open the trunk... and there it was like little the omen had visited my car I had little hand prints all over the deck lid and around onto the quarter panel. Why the hell dont parents control their kids and not let them do this. It's not like it was a quick touch and then they said no. They let it just keep going like my car is a damn sand box.
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
+1 for using the window molding. Its frustrating when they grab the paint. Has anyone had a passenger get out and use the glass to close the door?

I had my car parked at a disc golf course and finished my round and went to open the trunk... and there it was like little the omen had visited my car I had little hand prints all over the deck lid and around onto the quarter panel. Why the hell dont parents control their kids and not let them do this. It's not like it was a quick touch and then they said no. They let it just keep going like my car is a damn sand box.
Kids ruin everything...

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
6 of my 7 cars stay in a garage. Shit gets dirty. Wash it and move on.
To each their own. I prefer to do the least amount of "up keep" in the looks department.

The door handle is there for a reason. It has to be used to open the car. So using it to close the door isn't an insane idea. It keeps finger prints off the door itself.

It's not a hard concept really and isn't as "life changing" as some are making it out to be. It takes no sort of effort at all and it keeps the car looking nicer for longer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Thatguy

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
It’s the same as the people who pick their parking location at the mall so they are less likely to get door dings and don’t use their hood or trunk as a table. I cringe when I see people doing that.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
A door ding is far more permenant than a finger print.

Deleted member 35644

No matter who I take for a ride, I always get fingerprints on the window. I use the end of the window trim, or the handle.
Sponsored