Sponsored

How much power did your MT-82 handle successfully?

Edyuly

Paxton supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I just realized how similar our setups are.
If I was only doing 1/4 yes.for the highway rolls I do often I would say no. My car is about 1/4-1/2 car slower in the highway. Only plus is now I can go to 140 mph in fourth gear. With 3.55 I was only able to go 128 mph. Hope that helps I race the same Gtr(755whp)and supercharged c6(803whp) ,before the gears the Gtr vs myself were dead even till 128 now he pulls me by 1/2 car same with the vette.
Sponsored

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I currently have 11k miles on my MT-82, boosted from the dealer. Car has consistently dyno'd in the high 700 whp range. Transmission has held up to 4500rpm clutch dumps on 28 inch tall Hoosier Slicks. I recently swapped my 3.73s for 3.31s and haven't been happier. I agree with Edyuly that the car seems a tad slower on highway pulls, but overall much better drivability. I do a lot of city driving, so having a useful 1st gear is nice. 3.31 gears have been the best mod to my car, second only to the Whipple.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I made 830ish on my stock clutch/trans/driveshaft/rearend for a while and finally figured the clutch had to be on its last leg. To my surprise it looked great when I pulled it out ( that's what she said). never had an issue with lockout or anything. When I put the Spec stage 3+ in it, is when I had problems. didn't even break the clutch in and on a mild 3-4 shift it shattered 4th gear. Clutch selection is everything.

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
I went with the Mantic Cerametallic and I'm really impressed with it. It's very strong and solid. It gave me a lot more confidence and got rid of the "what if feeling" that pops in your head right when your approaching 5500 rpm lol. I'm more of a highway roller myself. I guess ill stick with the 3.73. However, I am considering a QA1 CF Driveshaft. Im hoping it'll at least make the mt82 feel right, even though its not.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Haven't posted here in a while, but my Stang is still doing great with stock MT82 trans, clutch, shifter, and trans fluid. 15 GT Paxton with 630-650whp, complete mod list in sig. No 1/4 passes, powershifting, or hard launches, but it sees a decent amount of fun street driving and the occasional highway pull/on ramp shenanigans. Almost 45k miles on the odometer and been supercharged since about 22k miles. It's my DD. Have had an RST clutch standing by for about two years, but haven't needed to put it in yet.

Might change out the trans fluid soon to BG or RP. Also been toying around with the idea of E85 and/or '18 mani, but still on stock headers, so don't want to push the stock cats too much.

Sponsored

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
892whp 622wtq on mt82 with exedy et04xd, bg syncro ii fluids, braided clutch line and mgw shifter. Everyone says my shit's gonna break.so ive been putting off the track and launching on bias plys. I rip at the car on the street and so far so good. Since the bg fluid swap the trans feels amazing, along with the improved shifter feel with the mgw. I got the exedy cuz of exedy brand name and the sprung hub design; its a great clutch that handles my power no probs but the engagement could be slightly better; gotta be good at balancing the throttle application or it grabs and u'll cut off....otherwise great. I do intend on hitting the track but from reading and talking to vendors they all expect it to break.i will hit thw track when im prepared to spend the 3500 on the calimer stage 3 upgrade with rem polishing.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Sooooooooo it seems i’ll be ok with my 26k mile mt82 car, getting a mantic stage 2, braided hose, mgw and bg syncro shift.......when it gets a twin turbo kit over the winter.
Sponsored