Sponsored

LED Switchback for the EU Mustang - Yes it's real! (and almost plug'n'play)

Szilu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Szilard
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 2016 Oxford White
I'm out of 1 year warranty for sure. Anyway I'm much better concerned on my own time to install them again.
I liked them...
Sponsored

Billy the Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2017 PP Race Red
Hello. i read all the posts here, but right now i donΒ΄t know which kit are working on my stock EU 2017 mustang. please can you help me? maybe the link or something.

Billy the Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2017 PP Race Red
Hello I install the set yesterday. But now my turn lights start to flicker when the engine is running. Without engine running,the turn signal works normal. Can someone help me out with this please.

Sus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Rubyred
Hello I install the set yesterday. But now my turn lights start to flicker when the engine is running. Without engine running,the turn signal works normal. Can someone help me out with this please.
Don't spend any more money on those switchbacks. I had a pair from proledlights and some from china (actually they are thesame) both had issues, flickering when with engine running etc etc. They just keep giving you shit. A waste of money. I installed the diode dynamics tribar switchbacks and left the stock bulb as turn signal.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
^ I did exactly the same.

Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
It's not switchback faults - I had some cheap switchbacks from US (but actually those were from china) and they worked without issues. Some mustangs have a more sensitive electrical system that causes this flickering.

Billy the Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2017 PP Race Red
So what can I do? I like the look but I don’t can drive this way in Germany.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I remember someone talking about the german mustang forum, someone was trying to fix this but I haven't heard about that in a long time.
If you have one of these 'unlucky' cars, I believe there's nothing easy you can do.

Billy the Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2017 PP Race Red
I remember someone talking about the german mustang forum, someone was trying to fix this but I haven't heard about that in a long time.
If you have one of these 'unlucky' cars, I believe there's nothing easy you can do.
Ok. That’s bad for me do you have a link for this forum or the name?

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
You can probably use FORScan to disable hyperflash. Go to block 726-27-01 and replace X1XX XXXX XXXX with X0XX XXXX XXXX. This should do the job! If you need more info about FORScan go to the following thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/modifying-as-built-data-guide.61773/

I hope this helps

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
It's not hyperflash (car tells you that a turn light bulb is broken) but flickering - a problem discussed long time ago but probably never solved.

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
It's not hyperflash (car tells you that a turn light bulb is broken) but flickering - a problem discussed long time ago but probably never solved.
I too have this problem (with two different sets of cheap switchbacks - although one set was identical to others on the forum who installed them successfully). Video showing the issue here:

I think it is due to a PWM signal begin sent to the LEDs, and on some cars the width of the PWM is not wide enough to keep the LED (rather than the bulb) illuminated. Still weird though, and I would love to find a resolution.
Sponsored