Sponsored

Mishimoto CAI

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I purchased the polished CAI to match my Mishimoto polished charge pipes.
I realize this CAI is lacking in performance gains and may even cause a slight decrease.

Is it the design and size of pipe, housing or location that actually cause these issues.

Since the loss is so minor I'd rather have bling over power under my hood. It will make it look a lot faster, right........
Sponsored

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I would ensure the sensor is properly seated, no leaks, check its o ring, as far as the tube diameter goes, these are speed density cars, not MAF so the tube should have only a slight impact on performance, unless your running a big turbo, where if the inlet diameter is larger (3 to 3.5") it would benefit the turbos performance.

Since the inlet uses a stock size, (neck down or funnel down) it is not really going to increase air flow, it may affect turbulence but it has no benefit. If it was a open air box however allows more heat than normal into the air then that could be a cause for concern only in an extreme case but you can easily check that with an AP or other scan tool and to see if temps are up. The hotter the air going into that turbo will get hotter when compressed and cool less through the intercooler if its like 10/20 degrees hotter than a fully closed box. I believe the mishis is a fairly good enough enclosure though, although the metal pipe may soak more heat than the plastic ones.

It is more for sound and ease of cleaning (if it were open air filter) the filter and maybe looks. As far as a decrease in performance I would say prob not, it may sound like it, but I would wager its not really affecting anything. (unless you have dyno numbers)

OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have not installed, but will look at everything you mentioned on install. Thanks

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I have the mishimoto CAI and have not noticed any issues when I was stock. I now have the same CAI + FP tune. The car did feel a little sluggish. I then removed the lid on the CAI and that feeling was gone, the car runs beautifully and I think that CAI has the best sound if you like that hiss and blow off sound

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
I have the mishimoto intake and have one of the quickest stock turbo cars on the west coast. It's actually one of the biggest size intakes on the market. Out of curiosity how are you judging "loss of power"?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Word of mouth which I know isn't the best. But will not debate since I have not seen dyno results either way.

I love the look and do get a nice sound.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Someone did tests of a few and found the stock with a drop in filter was best for power.

HOWEVER, I can not for the life of me find that article, I swear Ive seen it myself too.

The difference is super minimal and AFAIK tested on a stock car
Sponsored