Sponsored

Roush Axle Backs - Too loud with Vert?

jimbabwe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Convertible
I bought a set of AWE touring axles. Haven’t installed yet. My car is stored for a while yet. But I read a fair bit in them and I think these will suit my needs perfectly. I installed a set of CJPP unbranded last summer, I loved them, but wifey thought they were a bit loud and had a little drone at crusing speed.

I have come to realize the perfect exhaust note is a very subjective thing.:)
I LOVE my AWE axle-backs with stock resonator! It's loud enough for me when I get on the throttle, quiet on the highway though I can hear them just barely a tad, and NO RASP.
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I LOVE my AWE axle-backs with stock resonator! It's loud enough for me when I get on the throttle, quiet on the highway though I can hear them just barely a tad, and NO RASP.
That’s great to hear. The more I look and read about these axlebacks, the more I am convinced I purchased the right ones. Can’t wait till spring to get them on. :rockon:

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I am running the resonator delete with H-pipe.

The mufflers are starting to loosen up a little and the sound is nice and mellow.

CVCashmere

Sponsored

Hoser!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT convertible
Same here. Resonator delete and H-pipe. It has the perfect sound for my vert.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Just installed mine. LOVE them. Too much crap and salt for a highway drive (still winter parked) But cold start sounds great....not too loud. Warm idle is quiet. Revving at 3kish growls. And best of all NO DRONE.

18Vert401a

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Prem. Convertible
I am running the resonator delete with H-pipe.

The mufflers are starting to loosen up a little and the sound is nice and mellow.

CVCashmere
I am also running a resonator delete with an X-pipe. Quiet when you want and plenty loud when you get on it. 16k miles and I think the factory mufflers are getting a little louder. Glad I didn't change factory. Cold starts are a little nasty, but it turns to a low rumble in 15 seconds. Early morning starts I keep the garage door closed.

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Happy to see people are liking the results with an H/X pipe and stock mufflers. I just ordered a Steeda H pipe over the weekend. I hope it sounds good. Just looking for a little more rumble, nothing crazy.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Personally I think the Roush AB mufflers look funny. Was following a Mustang with them the other day and one the 18+ it looks weird with the little cannister mufflers. The catback system mufflers look tons better than the cannisters.

gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
Happy to see people are liking the results with an H/X pipe and stock mufflers. I just ordered a Steeda H pipe over the weekend. I hope it sounds good. Just looking for a little more rumble, nothing crazy.
Steeda H pipe got me just the sound I was looking for. Think you will love it.

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Steeda H Pipe installed today with factory mufflers. Love the extra bit of rumble and tone.
39704B71-D822-4F96-9FE1-9073DC86165A.jpeg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Where's the video :(