Sponsored

S550 owners who carry firearms: What, and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rwardjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I have a Beretta PX4 9mm FS with 3 extra mags in the elbow rest, a Taurus Protector Poly .38 in the glove box with a box of ammo, a Mossberg Pistol-Grip 12 with a Bandolier behind the passenger seat and a Stevens 320 in the trunk along with BOB's, Medkits and a shitload of ammo. I live in South Texas right along the Mexican Border and am always worried about Cartel violence spilling over and the impending Zombie Apocalypse.
That might be handy with the caravan on the way...
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Springfield XDS .45 in the center console in a holster. just chillin.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Just ordered a Sig P365. Should get it this week.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I keep a Glock 19 and two full magazines in my car. It is also in a Fobus paddle holster to protect it and can CC if need be. The 19 is a basics gun. Reliable, dependable, capable.

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
I have 3 handguns and I’ve carried them all. An FN 5.7, a Canik tp9sfx and a HK VP40. I like full size handguns.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Just ordered a Sig P365. Should get it this week.
With or without manual safety?

I'm interested in the model with a safety...might replace my P938.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
With or without manual safety?

I'm interested in the model with a safety...might replace my P938.
HK VP9SK is what want. I used to live and die by SIG, still have their classic guns but their quality has been traded for marketing and volume of merch. They gave the Gov the best deal, therefore they are the new handgun of choice.

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
I prefer no manual safety. My finger is the safety and guns don’t shoot people unless that trigger gets pulled.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I prefer no manual safety. My finger is the safety and guns don’t shoot people unless that trigger gets pulled.
I hear this all the time but crap happens (complacency, snagged trigger on clothing/pocket items/etc). I personally feel more comfortable and train with a manual safety.

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
I understand both option. But my trigger is always covered by a holster, it’s not getting caught on clothing. Even when I draw, there’s nothing for it to get caught on. I see it this way. In a situation where I gotta shoot someone in the face, I don’t wanna have to think about whether my safety is on or off, panic and pull the trigger and no bullets come out cause the safety is on. And be so filled with adrenaline I can’t think straight and end up losing that fight. I’ll take the risk of no safety. But I hear your argument too. It’s personal preference.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand both option. But my trigger is always covered by a holster, it’s not getting caught on clothing. Even when I draw, there’s nothing for it to get caught on. I see it this way. In a situation where I gotta shoot someone in the face, I don’t wanna have to think about whether my safety is on or off, panic and pull the trigger and no bullets come out cause the safety is on. And be so filled with adrenaline I can’t think straight and end up losing that fight. I’ll take the risk of no safety. But I hear your argument too. It’s personal preference.
Both of my firearms I train with (Sig P938 and 226 Legion SAO) having my thumb on the safety in the down position when firing...so no chance it would be up in the safety on position.

Like you said personal preference. However I cannot find any circumstances where the safety was on and a ND happened. And they don't call it 'glock leg' for nothing.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You never really need a gun to win a gunfight. Just be smart and plan ahead.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
SIG P365 With in reach. S&W Air Weight 38 in an Uncle Mikes ankle holster. KSG 12 in the trunk. It's Texas. Little old ladies carry 45s. And I wouldn't cut them off in the Walmart parking lot...

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
SIG P365 With in reach. S&W Air Weight 38 in an Uncle Mikes ankle holster. KSG 12 in the trunk. It's Texas. Little old ladies carry 45s. And I wouldn't cut them off in the Walmart parking lot...
I fired two tubes outta my KSG before it locked solid and I had to send it in to KelTec. They fixed it but I don't trust it and opt for a proven reliable AR-15 pistol in my ride. My HK VP9SK rides in the glove box on long trips, otherwise it's on my hip.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I fired two tubes outta my KSG before it locked solid and I had to send it in to KelTec. They fixed it but I don't trust it and opt for a proven reliable AR-15 pistol in my ride. My HK VP9SK rides in the glove box on long trips, otherwise it's on my hip.
I also roll with a VP9SK once in a while. Love the 365 tho and it has become my primary with the 12 rd extended. Interesting about the KSG. Was it an older model?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.