Sponsored

Changing shifting knob on 2018 or 2019 manual GT?

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
The red loctite even says on the package that it will require heat to remove. Not sure why anyone would us the red. Blue is enough to hold wheel spacers I'm sure it will be just fine for a shift knob.
Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
The red loctite even says on the package that it will require heat to remove. Not sure why anyone would us the red. Blue is enough to hold wheel spacers I'm sure it will be just fine for a shift knob.
I don't plan on taking it off. I did it right the first time. :wink:

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I don't plan on taking it off. I did it right the first time. :wink:
Not the arguing type but sometimes your forced to remove it. I just had my 17 totaled and desperately tried to snag every part I could off the car. This is why I wouldn't use the red. Blue is sufficient enough like I said it holds wheel spacers on the car. Blue is the right way and red is just in case Arnold Schwarzenegger tries to steal your shift knob.
My 2 cents but hey some people may say ef the parts I'm getting another car. But insurance is going to have a hard time understanding why they are paying you for an aftermarket shift knob when they just twist off

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I hear ya man. Seeing as how mine came loose without me even trying to remove it, I guess I was too Arnold Schwarzenegger with it so I assured it wouldn't come loose again unless I want it too. I didn't pay $75 for it like some might so if it gets trashed, I'll get a new one without regret.

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I hear ya man. Seeing as how mine came loose without me even trying to remove it, I guess I was too Arnold Schwarzenegger with it so I assured it wouldn't come loose again unless I want it too. I didn't pay $75 for it like some might so if it gets trashed, I'll get a new one without regret.
Ya makes total sense I had some parts like that, was cool with re buying it... like my mfautodesign badges where did you pick up your shift knob for so cheap?

james35qq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Mine was super stuck then I used Channel locks and got it off. Worked like a charm. To preserve the original shift knob I wrapped a rag around it.
Channel locks work well. I had the same problem when I tried to change mine
Sponsored