RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Very nicely done Mike! I have driven a couple of those routes when I was stationed in Italy back in the day. As a suggestion, and since you document it perfectly, would be to do a segment on the drive down the Amalfi Coast from Sorrento to Amalfi (Italy). Not sure where you're located, but the drive is spectacular AND terrifying at times. Not a whole lot of twists and turns, but you're literally driving with thousands of feet of nothing but air between you and the sea.

Just a thought!

Tim

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Very nicely done Mike! I have driven a couple of those routes when I was stationed in Italy back in the day. As a suggestion, and since you document it perfectly, would be to do a segment on the drive down the Amalfi Coast from Sorrento to Amalfi (Italy). Not sure where you're located, but the drive is spectacular AND terrifying at times. Not a whole lot of twists and turns, but you're literally driving with thousands of feet of nothing but air between you and the sea.

Just a thought!

Tim

Hi Tim, thanks for the compliment!! My wife and I REALLY want to get down to the Amalfi...her for fancy foods and me for the roads! We’re stationed in Bavaria for a few more months; hopefully we can fit the Amalfi trip in.

Were you with NATO at Naples?

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Tim, thanks for the compliment!! My wife and I REALLY want to get down to the Amalfi...her for fancy foods and me for the roads! We’re stationed in Bavaria for a few more months; hopefully we can fit the Amalfi trip in.

Were you with NATO at Naples?
Nope! I was in La Maddalena on the northern end of Sardinia (on the NATO base). I had brought my '91 Mustang LX 5.0 with me from the States and every opportunity I could, drove it all over Italy, France, Austria and Bavaria. I drove the Amalfi Coast a dozen times while there and had a blast! I ended up selling the Mustang to an Italian friend of mine's son just before I transferred back home.

I envy you to no end with the opportunities you have over there with your Mustang! Very few folks get that same opportunity. Thanks for documenting your adventures!

Cheers!

Tim

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Nope! I was in La Maddalena on the northern end of Sardinia (on the NATO base). I had brought my '91 Mustang LX 5.0 with me from the States and every opportunity I could, drove it all over Italy, France, Austria and Bavaria. I drove the Amalfi Coast a dozen times while there and had a blast! I ended up selling the Mustang to an Italian friend of mine's son just before I transferred back home.

I envy you to no end with the opportunities you have over there with your Mustang! Very few folks get that same opportunity. Thanks for documenting your adventures!

Cheers!

Tim
Sounds like an incredible duty station Tim! And I envy YOU for driving a classic fox body around Europe. Talk about a unicorn!

lokerola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Fantastic! Just enjoyed episode 6. Now I'll have to go back and watch the others.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my newest video from Switzerland's Susten Pass (video shows the whole road). This one was a BEAST! Lots of speed and treacherous downhill braking followed by banked turns. Loved every minute of it, even when a KTM Xbow zipped by me. Enjoy :beer:

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I seriously thought I’d never get this show done, but here’s the series finale! This is a full review of Switzerland’s Susten Pass along with the final decision on the greatest driving road in the Alps.

I’m now dropping the mic and retiring...editing a show is too much work for a hobby . I’ll be posting only driving videos from now on :beer:

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Just finished watching the last episode, now going to go start at 1. It’s insane how some crappy YT channels with complete dumbasses get hundreds of thousands subscribers and you have a guy with good video, no click bait and doing what a lot bought the car to do sit there with 100 subs. I can’t wait to sit at work tomorrow and go through all the episodes..

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Just finished watching the last episode, now going to go start at 1. It’s insane how some crappy YT channels with complete dumbasses get hundreds of thousands subscribers and you have a guy with good video, no click bait and doing what a lot bought the car to do sit there with 100 subs. I can’t wait to sit at work tomorrow and go through all the episodes..
Make that 111 subs.
Sponsored