Sponsored

Who's has the best tunes for a 2018 Mustang GT?

10SpeedDemon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Im looking for a good tune because I'm doing headers and its needed. I'm not doing a CAI only because i'm getting a supercharger soon and its pointless. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I Like AC/DC "Back in Black" myself...Oh wait, you meant...never mind :devil:
I was going to say anything by Alice in Chains..., but I like your idea as well.

Sponsored

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If you're actually getting a supercharger soon, I'd just wait. Otherwise you're throwing away money because you'll need a re-tune for the supercharger, which will cost more money. Throw the headers on when you get the supercharger on and tune it all at once, should save you a few hundred dollars.

Gtgpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Check out Sai Li.

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
Don’t need a tune for headers. Multiple tuners including Lund jr has mentioned it. I’ve also ran long tubes before the tune with zero issues

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We've been tuned by Lund Racing since 2009 with excellent results. They do an excellent job and have gotten us down to a 9.36@147mph. Looking forward to having them help us step into the 8's shortly. They are highly regarded as the best in our industry.

With that said there's also Palm Beach Dyno who have tuned several other really quick 18+ cars. They also have an excellent reputation and are great to deal with.

You really can't go wrong with them. We offer both of those as well as a few other of the top calibrators in the industry here at Lethal Performance's Tune Shop! It's all here under one roof. Lund Racing, Palm Beach Dyno, Li Tuning & Racing, AED, 5Star Tuning and ID Motorsports.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

blog_header.png

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Im looking for a good tune because I'm doing headers and its needed. I'm doing a CAI only because i'm getting a supercharger soon and its pointless. Any suggestions?
"Best" is a subjective word. Best in what way?

All out power?
Power but reliability comes first?
Etc.

Like mentioned above, everybody will just tell you what they use is the best.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Depends on what you want OP. If its a track car go for the biggest number. If its a driver then you need to be more focused on how well the car drives. Being an auto this is even more important....assuming you aren't trailering it to the track and just making passes.

Currently running PBD. Retuning with Lund as of last Wednesday. Drive ability portion of the tune is being worked out currently. Tuner is driving the car back and forth to and from work assuring all the shifting and everything is optimized. I should have the car back this week. Given a few weeks to drive the car and do make some mental comparisons to the previous I can give you some insight if you are interested. My focus is more on drive ability than just making a big number. Its' a 17GT PD FI setup, 6R80, and stock manifolds and cats. No stall and on 93 pump gas.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Don’t need a tune for headers. Multiple tuners including Lund jr has mentioned it. I’ve also ran long tubes before the tune with zero issues
But that is for “catted” headers, correct? I believe to go catless, he will need a tune

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
But that is for “catted” headers, correct? I believe to go catless, he will need a tune
Nope.
You’ll need o2 sensor spacers so you don’t get a check engine light for rear sensor. I used a small one on the front o2s as well since I now run e85 all the time

I ran catless headers for a week prior to tune and had zero issues. I had an ngauge from a prior car and nothing changed from before the long tubes.

Alex and Jon Lund jr feed talked about on a YouTube video Incase you don’t want to take my word for it. the front o2 is a wideband for tuning and the rear (which throws the code without a sensor spacer) is a narrow band. Basically It’s just checking to see if it’s cleaner then at the pre cat o2

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Nope.
You’ll need o2 sensor spacers so you don’t get a check engine light for rear sensor. I used a small one on the front o2s as well since I now run e85 all the time

I ran catless headers for a week prior to tune and had zero issues. I had an ngauge from a prior car and nothing changed from before the long tubes.

Alex and Jon Lund jr feed talked about on a YouTube video Incase you don’t want to take my word for it. the front o2 is a wideband for tuning and the rear (which throws the code without a sensor spacer) is a narrow band. Basically It’s just checking to see if it’s cleaner then at the pre cat o2
I believe you. Just have always read “tune required” when looking at LTH. I have Kooks and I have the spacers on the rear O2s as well
Sponsored