Sponsored

Can anyone recommend an exhaust to go with my MPT prx93 tune?

cmorris975

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Hey all,

I'm brand new to modding cars. In fact, installing my MPT tune last month was the first real mod of any kind that I've done. I can see how this could get addictive..

My question is: What exhaust would you recommend? I don't know if some exhausts pair better with certain tunes or not. My goal is to primarily get this car to sound better but I'm also looking to shed a few pounds and gain a few HP if possible.

I don't want anything obnoxiously loud but some more volume than stock would be a plus. I'm thinking of getting the Borla S-type.

Thanks,

Chris
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
cmorris975

cmorris975

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Good ideas guys, thanks. Those Holley exhausts look like they might do the trick. I forgot they make em for the V6 too.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I was just listening to the axle back with mufflers and they sound good. My only concerns are how loud they are in person and how much drone it creates. I had the LMR SVE axle backs and without the resonator suitcase they were too loud and had drone.

@DANA44 do you have the straight pipe or muffler version?

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I was just listening to the axle back with mufflers and they sound good. My only concerns are how loud they are in person and how much drone it creates. I had the LMR SVE axle backs and without the resonator suitcase they were too loud and had drone.

@DANA44 do you have the straight pipe or muffler version?
Zombie thread bro....like two years.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Whoa... This was actually on the front page for me. Sorry I didn't see check the dates.
Lol, all good. You got a reply so you have resurrected it my good doctor Frankenstein, haha.

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Good ideas guys, thanks. Those Holley exhausts look like they might do the trick. I forgot they make em for the V6 too.
Only needs to be for V6 if doing axle-back. GT cat-back exhaust will bolt to the V6. I am running a takeoff OEM GT cat-back with H-pipe. Sounds real good up to 4k rpm (zero drone) but gets a little raspy after that. If you like raspy put an X-pipe on. OEM GT takeoffs can still be had for almost nothing, Post in your regional forum on this site might even get one for nothing and free makes it sound better..

SquillyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang V6
I have the gt AWE track edition catback and it sounds awesome. Also minimal drone on the highway
Sponsored