R-Code tire changer

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
New type of tire changer recommended for carbon fiber wheels?

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
"New" may be a bit relative. The Revolution Touchless tire changer has been one of the recommended tire changers for the R wheels since the beginning. They have a couple other non-touchless models that are supposed to be fine too as long as the operator uses them properly.

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Agree. Should say new to me. I wanted to share with any R-Code owners that might not know. Seems like taking a carbon fiber wheel for tire changing to a place that doesn't have touchless equipment might not be a good idea.

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
"New" may be a bit relative. The Revolution Touchless tire changer has been one of the recommended tire changers for the R wheels since the beginning. They have a couple other non-touchless models that are supposed to be fine too as long as the operator uses them properly.
Do you know of any good places in New England that you would recommend?

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
I chuckled when he said Multimatic camber plates lol.

Wish I had his parents lol.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Speed phenom lurks here. I guess any of those YouTube types must to keep up with content, which sustains their channel. My big question for the guy is why did it take him so long to get camber plates..... really?

All those youtube types are just using the system for revenue and allocations. SMH

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Speed phenom lurks here. I guess any of those YouTube types must to keep up with content, which sustains their channel. My big question for the guy is why did it take him so long to get camber plates..... really?

All those youtube types are just using the system for revenue and allocations. SMH
What do you mean by allocations?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
They use there publicly to gain access.
Exactly. Say it isn't so, Joe

So back to my observation.... why so long after lots of track time that this guy decides to get a set of camber plates? (All of a sudden). Hell, I figured a track rat worth his weight would have done that a long time ago.

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
We service a number of R's for tires and general work at the shop. One of the most common things is changing the tires since have the hunter revolution touchless mounter and hunter road force elite balance.

Its a great machine.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
They use there publicly to gain access.
I am still confused. Allocations are between the dealer and Ford. Their "publicity" will not get them an allocation for any GT500/GT350. It is up to the dealer to decide if they want to sell them a car. I am sure the Ford dealer could care less how many followers they have.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
We service a number of R's for tires and general work at the shop. One of the most common things is changing the tires since have the hunter revolution touchless mounter and hunter road force elite balance.

Its a great machine.
Corghi is an excellent option as well

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
I am still confused. Allocations are between the dealer and Ford. Their "publicity" will not get them an allocation for any GT500/GT350. It is up to the dealer to decide if they want to sell them a car. I am sure the Ford dealer could care less how many followers they have.
Here’s my point.
I have a friend that is very wealthy. He also owns 2 ford GT’s. One a 2005, one a 2006. He also owns a FP350s, a gt350R, a raptor, a Falcon F7 and many other cars.
He’s neighbors with Bill Ford and also personally knows Raj Nair.
He’s applied for a ford GT the first time around and got declined.
If you don’t have a YouTube, Instagram channel, etc. or if you’re not jay Leno, a sports figure, or public figure. Forget it.
Just because you have the money to afford it or that you’ll use the car for what it was intended for....forget it!
Some other member and I got into this very subject not long ago.
He claims ford wants the gt to be seen on social media. And that’s fine.
But in my opinion 99% of the owners that have a new GT hide them or if they do take them to the track, they are show pieces parked next to their car transporter.
My friend has tracked his 05 & 06 GT and to me, they should be enjoyed.
Ride’m don’t hide’m

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Not the Ford GT. You apply and they accept you. Most people who are accepted are celebrities or YouTube types with a huge following. I guess the idea is to promote the brand. There are a few here who have applied. One will probably have better luck than the other.

Scott is right, you don't see many on the track. There was one at Daytona last December but really wasn't out there pushing it. It was just glorified parade laps.

The first year of the GT350 was special. Very few went into normal hands. A few did, but mostly to who's who types.

Who knows what the 500 will be, but the 2020 model year will be very short with limited production. I think it may very well go the same route as the first year of the 350, but I really don't know for sure

We will see.
Sponsored