Ember_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Hey everyone,

New here but looking for suggestions from people with more experience. Trying to build a solid street car that I can eventually take to the track and get into road course with. The cars my daily, but my commutes aren't terribly long so I'm not too focused on it being comfortable. However to maintain some sort of daily driveability would be nice.

Any suggestions for the right suspension mods to make whether it be coils, or just lowering springs, bushings and IRS mods. And what wheel and tire set ups are best for handling. Is a 305 squared set up the way to go, or maybe run a smaller tire up front. Any other suggestions for mods would be great to.

Cars mostly stock except a catback and Barton shifter. Thanks again.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Start with the BMR CB005 and some lowering springs, and let the addiction begin.

As for tires, many ways to go, mine has 275 fronts and 305 rears, 19x10 and 19x11" wheels. Lots of guys running square 285 setups.

OP
OP
Ember_s550

Ember_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Start with the BMR CB005 and some lowering springs, and let the addiction begin.

As for tires, many ways to go, mine has 275 fronts and 305 rears, 19x10 and 19x11" wheels. Lots of guys running square 285 setups.
Thanks for the reply, definitely interested in BMRs parts I hear a lot of good things. Are you pushing more power than stock? I haven't yet but was considering boost. Was gonna try to get at least 305 in the rear just to try and get some traction.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm adding a '18 intake and flex tune once spring arrrives, but am stock otherwise (other than a Roush CAI with MAF insert). I'd love to turbo, but have too many other irons in the fire.

I've been very pleased with all the BMR stuff I've put on this car, and others. Steeda's rear shock mounts were a great addition also.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ember_s550

Ember_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Ya if my bank account allows me I might pull the trigger on boost. I'm aware an all motor set up would be more suitable for road course racing but 700whp is tempting. Just want to make sure I'm spending the money in the right places to keep the power to the ground and my car out of the guardrail.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Yes but heat soaking the blower may be an issue for losing power but still more then N/A. I guess it depends on what events you are entering. Honestly a stage 1 is a great starting point for road courses. Little more power on tune get a cold air system and a lower thermostat and like they said lowering springs and tires should help tremendous. Also maybe go into an e85 setup as well.
If you have any questions message me back or call me at 313-561-5500 my name is Jake
ex_q80_w400_h_2015-2019_Shelby_GT350_S570_Pack.jpg
Sponsored