Sponsored

2015 PP with brembo clunk during braking

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Found the problem with my car, the passenger side strut was loose. The top nut under the hood was about 3/4 of a turn from tight. Drivers side was tight. After tightening the nut I drove the car in my driveway and could not replicate the noise whatsoever. billq, I took off my front drivers side wheel and the rotor had the same play as the passengers side like you said.
Sponsored

billq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 Auto 051 Package
Glad you found your problem onefordgt.
If you're still around here, did you ever feel a steering wheel vibration [which may be related to that play] or did you just have the brake concern.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Glad you found your problem onefordgt.
If you're still around here, did you ever feel a steering wheel vibration [which may be related to that play] or did you just have the brake concern.
Just the brake/ noise concern. I haven't noticed any vibration issues with the steering wheel.

umarov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CO Premium PP
Found the problem with my car, the passenger side strut was loose. The top nut under the hood was about 3/4 of a turn from tight. Drivers side was tight. After tightening the nut I drove the car in my driveway and could not replicate the noise whatsoever. billq, I took off my front drivers side wheel and the rotor had the same play as the passengers side like you said.
So I am having sounds as well. Sound only comes after the initial brake application. I release the brake pedal. If I press it again, I hear the sound. I can make it sound more by pressing and letting go of the brake until I stop. It's really weird. Tomorrow I will check the struts and see if I can fix the issue. I have a track even on Sunday and it's worrying me.

tyoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT ROUSH SC PP
If this means anything to anyone. I had a clunk whenever I braked on my 2016 GT PP. It turned out to be the front lower control arm. It was loose in the bearings and I had to replace the whole arm.
After replacing it, the clicking/clunking was all gone.

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Every odd ball noise my car has ever made has always been diagnosed and fixed by me....Ford dealerships are mostly worthless except to initially sell you the car IMO. Ive had better experiences MX wise with Toyota, not to say they are all good.
Sponsored