SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Do any of the online places participate? The two closest dealers to me are Peugeot garages I fell out with and the next is a 120 mile round trip! :facepalm:

OP
OP
slowhand99

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
A lot of the small, apparently independent, tyre shops have an online presence (through some sort of group provider I presume) that means they participate. Of course their prices often don't come close to Camskill etc.
My local is an example https://www.farncombetyres.co.uk/ . Looking at their 'shop, you'd assume they hadn't heard of the internet!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Does anyone pay any attention to the type approval on some tyres then? BMW, Audi, Merc, Porsche etc? Black Circles say Porsche N approved tyres shouldn't be used on any other makes...
I've never bothered with it before.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Does anyone pay any attention to the type approval on some tyres then? BMW, Audi, Merc, Porsche etc? Black Circles say Porsche N approved tyres shouldn't be used on any other makes...
I've never bothered with it before.
If you are looking for Pilot Sport tyres then you want Porsche tyres as they are the ones to use, as the Ferrari tyres are not as good

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
gibbo bought some ferrari spec mps4s i believe it was when they first came out and the only difference was they had less mm of tread to make them lighter they came with like 5mm from brand new as opposed to 7mm or whatever it is on a factory tyre

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
gibbo bought some ferrari spec mps4s i believe it was when they first came out and the only difference was they had less mm of tread to make them lighter they came with like 5mm from brand new as opposed to 7mm or whatever it is on a factory tyre
I think there was more to it than that. I also recall Mac had quite a major tyre-related issue too, something to do with a vibration or some similar issue that disappeared when he changed the tyres...

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I think there was more to it than that. I also recall Mac had quite a major tyre-related issue too, something to do with a vibration or some similar issue that disappeared when he changed the tyres...
wasn't that just down to a bad mould though not so much a type specific issue.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Back on again for anyone who is interested - 1st June to 31st July. See http://offers.michelin.co.uk. Not every retailer is in this offer, but as an example (I used F1 Autocentres), a full set can be had for just shy of £750 (after you get your cashback from Michelin), which is hard to beat. For comparison, Ford wanted ~£950 to do the full set.

FWIW I was not overly impressed with F1 Autocentres, so can't highly recommend - actual tire change seemed a little clumsy, possible minor scratches added where the wheels were laid down on the workshop floor - seemed to take them ages too.

michelin.JPG

OP
OP
slowhand99

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
275/40/19 PS4S’s seem to be widely available again. Eye watering prices but the offer is still on until 31st.

OP
OP
slowhand99

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Had a pair of 275 PS4S’s fitted today. Was interested to see they were made in the USA, the last set I had on my Mondeo were made in France. Also the Michelin offer will now pay direct into your bank, whereas before the only option was via a prepaid card.
Sponsored