Sponsored

Supercharged V6 Mustang

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Well, that whole dialogue I read through to us sounded like you were talking to yourself lmao. Just funny as hell when u read it in succession. Anyway, just poking for fun. On to more serious things.

This kit sounds exactly like the moddbox kit for the old 4.0L s197 Mustangs. Where they sell the kit without the supercharger too. They also have upgrades i.e. meth kit, bigger pulleys, intercooler etc. Sounds pretty cool, but I would like to know the kit quality since its low production handmade.

Lastly, what hood does it fit under? The s197, where there is a lot more clearance and engine space. The kit was developed on those models. I don't see this fitting on the s550.

Keep the updates rolling. Appreciate the time and effort.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I was thinking about that too - the clearance - but he knows I own a 2017. Video is about 5 minutes long. He shows how he modifies the fuel rail bump out. Then a small plate for the larger one that the supercharger bolts on to. He has elongated holes for this so you can position the supercharger a bit. He shows me one intercooler and puts on the various hardware to run the belt (a common one you can get over the counter). It’s all there so it is real.

The son has the test mule so no test drives yet.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
One other thing. Things probably slowed down with Ford killing off the V6 Mustang. So keep that in mind as to why this was low priority. But the pieces are there. He has a foundry making the plates before machining. And I like the guy as he seems a real performance guy at heart. :like:

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I’ll throw some photos here and the video should be up tomorrow:

DxJJnLq.jpg

No idea how I missed this on the weekend... :facepalm:

z9Khii6.jpg

The lower plate.

sDrtcwI.jpg

Upper plate.

Last edited:

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Very cool.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Nice to see the idea gaining traction! The adapter plate is pretty much identical to the plate I wanted to create for the M90. They are doing their belt routing a bit differently then I was planning though. With all of that said, the m122 will NOT fit under the stock hood of a 15-17. I was struggling to fit the m90 which is around 1 inch shorter in height then the m122.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Nice to see the idea gaining traction! The adapter plate is pretty much identical to the plate I wanted to create for the M90. They are doing their belt routing a bit differently then I was planning though. With all of that said, the m122 will NOT fit under the stock hood of a 15-17. I was struggling to fit the m90 which is around 1 inch shorter in height then the m122.

If by chance I buy into this kit or become a test mule of sorts, what kind of hood would you recommend that is the least conspicuous to law enforcement?

Further, he showed me a block he is developing for the V6. I guess I should put that up tonight as I have it on my phone...

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
There is quite a few hoods out there, but I would go with a small hood scoop (cut the stock hood) and engine lowering mounts.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
If by chance I buy into this kit or become a test mule of sorts, what kind of hood would you recommend that is the least conspicuous to law enforcement?

Further, he showed me a block he is developing for the V6. I guess I should put that up tonight as I have it on my phone...
By block do you mean engine block? :question:

And in terms of hoods, I was looking into the trufiber a72 hood. I do not have actual measurements but I believe it can provide around 3-4 extra inches above the engine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Here is the video on the stroker:

I made a separate thread as it need not necessarily be supercharged, but he is clearly pitching this with the blower kit (my kind of guy :like:).

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
By block do you mean engine block? :question:

And in terms of hoods, I was looking into the trufiber a72 hood. I do not have actual measurements but I believe it can provide around 3-4 extra inches above the engine.
I saw the price on the website for the stroker kit, which was inline with what super six was selling their stroker kit for....but not my thing unless i was to make this into a dedicated track car.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Supercharger kit is listed on his website now: http://www.moranav6racing.com/category.html?CategoryID=49

$2500 without intercooler or supercharger:
This kit allows you to bolt an M122 supercharger from the GT500

Without intercooler, clears the hood with slight modifications.

This kit includes-
-larger 50lbs. injectors
-modified fuel rails
-lower aluminum manifold spacer
-spacer gasket and spacer bolts
-upper intake spacer gasket
-supercharger adapter manifold and provisions for boost gage
-8 adapter manifold bolts
-1 supercharger gasket and supercharger hardware
-thermostat housing spacer with o-ring
-pulley guide spacer, 3 bolts, guide pulley
-supercharger belt