Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Those ratings are usually accompanied with an associated GVWR, usually something like 10,000 lbs. The 500 will be ~4000. This has been discussed many, many times.
My point exactly. People are saying the 500 is limited to 660 lb-tq because the transmission is advertised as so.
And I disagree.
Sponsored

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
The Transmission use was a given, the HP figure is where I was getting at. It's all unknown, even the model lineup.
The Zora lineup?

The NA one will be a LT whatever they want to call it in the high 400's low 500's. The FI motor will be the Cadillac V8 hot vee TT in the high 600's low 700's.

I

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Closest I can think of from the factory is the Porsche 911 GT2RS, which is 700hp.
Seems people have forgotten about the @1000 hp and similar torque bughatti veyron with a ...
7 speed DCT...

They can hold the power they’re built to hold. The DCT is not a power limiting factor.

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
Seems people have forgotten about the @1000 hp and similar torque bughatti veyron with a ...
7 speed DCT...

They can hold the power they’re built to hold. The DCT is not a power limiting factor.
You missed the point of our discussion. The discussion was that nothing but supercars/hypercars (and their price tags) come with a DCT that can handle 700+hp. Not that you can't build a robust DCT. So the fact that Ford has a DCT in the GT500 at the GT500 price is a pretty cool thing.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
The Zora lineup?

The NA one will be a LT whatever they want to call it in the high 400's low 500's. The FI motor will not be the Cadillac V8 hot vee TT in the high 600's low 700's.

I
Right track, wrong lane.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
You missed the point of our discussion. The discussion was that nothing but supercars/hypercars (and their price tags) come with a DCT that can handle 700+hp. Not that you can't build a robust DCT. So the fact that Ford has a DCT in the GT500 at the GT500 price is a pretty cool thing.
Incorrect. I didn’t miss the gist of your discussion. I simply saw the endgame and pointed there rather than take the slow route.

My point was that any DCT will handle the power it’s built for. It’s not much more expensive to build heavier duty components. You don’t see the transmission in cars with over 700 hp simply because there aren’t that many cars with that power level. There is simply no need for discussion on the matter. The power will be what it will be (great) and the DCT will handle it just fine without the need for crazy pricing.

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
Incorrect. I didn’t miss the gist of your discussion. I simply saw the endgame and pointed there rather than take the slow route.
Oooooookay Nostradamus:wink:

My point was that any DCT will handle the power it’s built for.
And the sun is hot. And water is wet. Thanks Captain Obvious.

It’s not much more expensive to build heavier duty components.
What do you do for a living?

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
The real specs can’t come out soon enough

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The real specs can’t come out soon enough
Probably within a few weeks to a month after Ford starts selling the GT500 we will get specs, if the GT350 is any indication.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Probably within a few weeks to a month after Ford starts selling the GT500 we will get specs, if the GT350 is any indication.
Final horsepower, torque and performance stats available summer 2019.

OP
OP

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
My point exactly. People are saying the 500 is limited to 660 lb-tq because the transmission is advertised as so.
And I disagree.
Are you disagreeing with the fact that this has been discussed multiple times in multiple threads?

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
Ford doesn't have final specs yet. If they did, they would release them. The process for rating HP and weight is not nearly as simple as you think it would be. Part of those calculations is in the hands of other entities. Which means Ford get's to wait just like we do.

They do have stiff like 1/4mi, 0-60 (why 0-60 is still a thing IDK), braking distances, etc. But they're not going to release that stuff without the other specs. I'm not sure if they will release the 1/4mi times at all. If I was Ford, I wouldn't.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Oooooookay Nostradamus:wink:

And the sun is hot. And water is wet. Thanks Captain Obvious.

What do you do for a living?
And you conveniently left out the part about there not being that many cars at the power level we are talking about being the reason you don’t see many with DCTs. That is literally THE reason.
Sponsored