Master rear spoiler thread -- Post yours here!

jri4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Magnetic Metallic) w/ Black Appearance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Stupid OEM GT350 Track Pack spoiler question: How have you purchased yours? Is everyone buying them new from a dealer/online or are you finding GT350 owners who are getting rid of them used? My idea is wait for an eBay 15% off coupon and then purchase from an online OEM source on eBay... But I can't believe that there are not many used ones out there.

Second stupid aftermarket GT350 Track Pack spoiler question: These cheapy ebay/amazon spoilers, do they 1) have holes in them and just re-use the existing hardware, or 2) do they only have some holes and you have to somehow waterseal the rest, or lastly 3) no holes at all and just use tape, waterseal all holes in your trunk? A link to the easiest, cheapest spoiler would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Stupid OEM GT350 Track Pack spoiler question: How have you purchased yours? Is everyone buying them new from a dealer/online or are you finding GT350 owners who are getting rid of them used? My idea is wait for an eBay 15% off coupon and then purchase from an online OEM source on eBay... But I can't believe that there are not many used ones out there.

Second stupid aftermarket GT350 Track Pack spoiler question: These cheapy ebay/amazon spoilers, do they 1) have holes in them and just re-use the existing hardware, or 2) do they only have some holes and you have to somehow waterseal the rest, or lastly 3) no holes at all and just use tape, waterseal all holes in your trunk? A link to the easiest, cheapest spoiler would be appreciated!

Thanks!
I did exactly as you say - Waited for ebay 15% coupon and bought from a Ford dealer on ebay. I have seen a few used, but a very few.

My first try was Ikon Motorsports replica spoiler. After getting 2 broken ones I gave up and bought the Ford part. The Ikon used 4 bolts and tape combo. Some are just tape, some reuse factory holes.

My car is PP1 with spoiler delete, so I had to drill 9 holes in 3 different sizes for the Ford part.

jri4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Magnetic Metallic) w/ Black Appearance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I did exactly as you say - Waited for ebay 15% coupon and bought from a Ford dealer on ebay. I have seen a few used, but a very few.

My first try was Ikon Motorsports replica spoiler. After getting 2 broken ones I gave up and bought the Ford part. The Ikon used 4 bolts and tape combo. Some are just tape, some reuse factory holes.

My car is PP1 with spoiler delete, so I had to drill 9 holes in 3 different sizes for the Ford part.
Thanks for all of the info. Definitely sounds like OEM is the way to go for ease without risk! I haven't looked, but I assume my black accent package blade spoiler was installed using the 9 mounting points that you had to drill.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Speaking of the supersnake spoiler, i agree that they just re-released the gt-h spoiler with a wicker bill on it. I've been waiting for over a year to release the actual supersnake spoiler. The one that i just noticed, only comes on the widebody supersnakes. Whats more annoying is the shelby store can't even give me an estimated time line if they will even be releasing that spoiler or not.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Roush spoiler on magnetic

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
Does anyone know if that spoiler will bolt on in place of the 2018/19 PP factory spoiler, meaning direct plug-n-play with no factory bolt hole concerns?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if that spoiler will bolt on in place of the 2018/19 PP factory spoiler, meaning direct plug-n-play with no factory bolt hole concerns?
Not at all, mounts up to the back lip instead of the top.

suitedanimal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
Does anyone know if there is any way to get the 2018-19 track pack spoiler, and if it will fit on the 2015-17 years?

OP
OP
Joe 5.0

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
CDC Outlaw dpoiler painted UA Black, eBay RTR copy diffuser also in UA black.

9E191155-19ED-4986-BFC7-75747E425AF5.jpeg
E6AFC4BC-86E9-4CE2-95A2-843FE8DC6579.jpeg
FF0CA350-09C1-41AE-8739-1F7E641EFF76.jpeg
How did the eBay rear diffuser bolt up to the bumper? Any noticeable permanent modifications?

Schoonie3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
No issues with fitment. I would not say that it is OEM quality, but it is certainly not bad. The first two the eBay seller vshipped me came broken, but they quickly sent out a replacement. I still have those in my garage, and you are welcome to try to fix it if you want. The other hard part was just taking apart the OEM bumper. I watched some videos on YouTube and eventually figured it out.

Last edited: