BigChief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Coupe, 19 GT350
You guys were right they look so much better on the day light
IMG_0153.JPG
IMG_0154.JPG

Man those look good. Would you say the coopers give you adequate rim protection and do the fronts sit flush with the fender? It’s hard to tell.

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
Man those look good. Would you say the coopers give you adequate rim protection and do the fronts sit flush with the fender? It’s hard to tell.
Well set tires, definitely not stretched . The front is slightly tucked in.
how much camber are you running in the rear? i have the same setup and want to pull some out without rubbing,

Sponsored

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I ordered a staggered set of black wheels with the Nitto NT05s, and was finally able to put them on this morning. I'm very pleased so far, though I only took the car on a very short drive. It seems like it has a little more road feel, but maybe that's just me being optimistic.

A couple quick questions, though:
1) I assume you still torque the wheels down to 150 ft-lbs, correct? I've never had aftermarket wheels before, but I assume the torque value is the same regardless of the wheels.
2) When I started the car, I checked to see if the TPMS were working, and they all showed 31 as soon as I started the car. Is this normal? I assumed it would take a few minutes to get a reading. My old wheels were sitting in the garage when I started the car, if that makes any difference. I don't know the range of those things as again, I've never put on aftermarket wheels or had to chance the TPMS.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
I torqued mine to 150 as well. Regarding the tpms , computer should be able to recalibrate them in approximately 20 minutes.

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I torqued mine to 150 as well. Regarding the tpms , computer should be able to recalibrate them in approximately 20 minutes.
Cool, thanks!

Anyone have any tips for getting the center caps off? I bought a set of “Ford” center caps, but I’m not sure what the best way to get the SVE caps off is. I have a couple small plastic pry tools, but they don’t quite get in enough to pop them out. Is there a trick to it?

Also, what tire pressure is everyone going with? I have the Nitto NT05, and the only pressure I found on the tire was the max pressure. Not sure how to find a "recommended" pressure for these tires (275/35 and 305/35).

Last edited:

blown302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 mustang gt/2004 svt cobra/2016 GT PP
Pull the wheels off and pop them out from the back. You can't pry them out, you'll damage the wheel.

Sponsored

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Pull the wheels off and pop them out from the back. You can't pry them out, you'll damage the wheel.
I thought about this shortly after I posted my message. I'm an idiot. I can't believe I didn't think of that earlier! I'm sure I would've noticed if I had the center caps when I installed the wheels, but they didn't show up until later in the day.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Well set tires, definitely not stretched . The front is slightly tucked in.

Perfect. Mine are -1.5 degrees. 11 inch 350R rims with 305 tires tuck nicely. And you are in factory spec.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Just some FYI for those that picked up the combo with the NT05s, I emailed Nitto asking them what their recommended tire pressures were and they recommended 32 psi front and 36 rear cold.

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Well, last night, I finished adjusting the sway bars (stiffening) threw the new SVE R350 19X10 wheels and 285/35 tires on and *&^%, my rear sub frame is out of alignment. Drivers side rear is poking a good 1/4 inch (camber 1.6) and passenger side rear is well tucked (camber 1.7). I have the Steeda sub-frame alignment inserts, but I guess they don't completely eliminate it all and require manual adjustment. Going back up on jack-stands tonight to see If I can get it moved over.

Just spoke to Steeda, they said that if I have their alignment dowels in there, then there is no way my sub frame can be misaligned, and yet my rear end is all out of whack, so not sure what to do. I am still inclined to check it and see if it can be moved at all. I read elsewhere on the forum that this problem existed and the individual adjusted with the dowels in place. Any thoughts?
Sponsored