Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Anybody know of a good place you can recommend for Ceramic Coating -
Kendall Area? Miami?

Also anybody post pics of their experience with ceramic coating the whole car.
Is it really worth doing? I have a neighborhood full of cats that love to get on top of peoples cars. :mad:

Looking at all ways to keep the wild felines from messing up my new car. ;)
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Do they do vehicle wraps as well? Thinking about doing my roof black. Looking for a good place.
Got my roof wrapped at a place called Preeminent Autohaus. $100 and they use 3M. It was a special they were running at the time, might still be going on.

Located in Medley.

Sponsored

sc00ter_t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Silver Mustang GT Sport Pkg
Why would you ceramic coat the whole car?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you ceramic coat the whole car?
Because that's what you do with ceramic coating, it is something like a wax and you do that on all the painted surfaces. It lasts longer and works better than a wax would though.

sc00ter_t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Because that's what you do with ceramic coating, it is something like a wax and you do that on all the painted surfaces. It lasts longer and works better than a wax would though.
Oh! Okay, I just learned something new. I was under the impression of ceramic coating (as you would headers or somethins).

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Oh! Okay, I just learned something new. I was under the impression of ceramic coating (as you would headers or somethins).
Gotcha, completely forgot about that type! This is a completely different type of ceramic coating, that style would need to be heat treated and is more like powder coating, this one is more like a wax in application and purpose.

sc00ter_t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha, completely forgot about that type! This is a completely different type of ceramic coating, that style would need to be heat treated and is more like powder coating, this one is more like a wax in application and purpose.
I understand,

not to change the subject too much but for the minor imperfections of the factory paint job like cracks, chips, and rippling of paint would you guys recommend a complete new respray?

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If they're minor, paint correction. If it is actual cracks and chips, I'd say you probably want a respray. I wouldn't really say cracks and chips are minor though

sc00ter_t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
If they're minor, paint correction. If it is actual cracks and chips, I'd say you probably want a respray. I wouldn't really say cracks and chips are minor though
Has there been any recalls on the factory paint applications?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Has there been any recalls on the factory paint applications?
Not that I'm aware of. If it's a 2015 that you bought used, those aren't factory defects and could have happened in the ownership period.

sc00ter_t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Not that I'm aware of. If it's a 2015 that you bought used, those aren't factory defects and could have happened in the ownership period.
Got it, I just wonder how in the heck so quickly. Its just a 3 and 1/2 year old car. Do you have any recommended body shops that do good or better than factory paint jobs for fair pricing? **In the SoFlo area.. Im in Hollywood.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a ton of chips. The entire front bumper is covered in them, don't even want to count it. Two medium-large ones all the way through the paint on the front edge of the hood, a number of smaller impact marks, and a big dent right off the mid point of the hood that needs to be buffed out, big fender gash above the headlight on the passenger side that hit again at the top of the fender by the windshield/hood, 4-5 together on the driver side quarter panel. Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head right now...Got another piece that hit one of my wheels and took a chunk of paint with it. A big part of those (hood dent, fender gash, wheel chunk) all came from an asshole that downshifted to second in front of me while on the highway and peppered my car with rocks while we were cruising in a large group up to Cars and Coffee.
Sponsored