Sponsored

Baytown

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
It’s looking like tonight might be an OK night to run. Anybody headed out there?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Originally I wasn't going to be able to. Now I may have a shot to make it out - I will know around 5 if I can.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
If you make it look for me. I’m headed that way in a bit. Little lower DA than last time. Around 500 now vs the 1500 two weeks ago. Going to try to launch at 2,000 and paddle shift around 7,000 to 7,200 to see if that is quicker or not.

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet! That'll be interesting. I think you have an 11.30 in you tonight.

I'm gonna see what my gf's plans are. She said she was coming to town tonight - and then no - and then yes - and then....who knows lol

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Don't want to jinx anything.. but the weather looks half decent for Friday. Anyone planning on heading out?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve got to go out west of San Antonio for a wedding in Concan. But even if I was staying in town I’d only be able to come out for moral support and to snap pics/vid.

My car is still in the shop. Actually it went in today. Mac Haik had me on hold bc their trans guy was on vacation. Some of the s550 guys in the FB group recommended Helfman down off 59.

Went there and the advisor they recommended was great but he said he couldn’t touch my car for 4-6 weeks. He’s got a GT350 in there with a trans issue and another MT-82 GT. He said there’s a national back order on shift forks. So I’m praying mine are shredded or bent.

So I enddd up taking it to AutoNation Katy where I bought it. One of the Mac Haik guys said they’ve got a great trans tech that he highly recommended. So I wait for them game to begin...

If you go out have fun and let us know how ya run!

Did any of you guys go out for TX2K?

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got to go out west of San Antonio for a wedding in Concan. But even if I was staying in town I’d only be able to come out for moral support and to snap pics/vid.

My car is still in the shop. Actually it went in today. Mac Haik had me on hold bc their trans guy was on vacation. Some of the s550 guys in the FB group recommended Helfman down off 59.

Went there and the advisor they recommended was great but he said he couldn’t touch my car for 4-6 weeks. He’s got a GT350 in there with a trans issue and another MT-82 GT. He said there’s a national back order on shift forks. So I’m praying mine are shredded or bent.

So I enddd up taking it to AutoNation Katy where I bought it. One of the Mac Haik guys said they’ve got a great trans tech that he highly recommended. So I wait for them game to begin...

If you go out have fun and let us know how ya run!

Did any of you guys go out for TX2K?
No on TX2K, my boss and another guy I work with went out Saturday but said there was so many breakdowns it was brutal to watch. They only stayed a little while.

I am hoping I can break into the 12s - Just launching around town is a royal pain in the fucking ass. This car does not want to hook up. I either completely bog the launch with not enough rpm or the tires break loose and I go nowhere lol.

I may bump the RPMs up on the launch control since the dragstrip should have better grip. I would need all the moral support I can get because I could make a complete ass out of myself on the starting line.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to hold off on track activities until I get half shafts installed and some sticky tires. My car likes to break traction while at full throttle above 5,500 rpm on street tires....

Sucks to hear about your car Ghost. Hopefully they'll get you fixed up sooner than later.

I am going to head out to the FB group monthly meetup on Friday though. It's at 7:30pm at the Buffalo Wild Wings by Greenway Plaza.

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't imagine my car with the power yours is putting down. I cant get it to hook up and I am down probably 300+ HP compared to your car.

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah man - what you said about you bogging down and/or spinning is exactly what I went through. I launched higher and bogged. Granny launch like I was leaving a stoplight or even at 1500-2000 and I spun. I didn't use launch control though. I tried using mine and never could get it to work. So I would hold the brake and gas with my right foot and then dump with my left.

Back in the day when I had my 91 GT I stalled at the line once. I almost just drove down the track and continued out the gate and went home I was so embarrassed lol

I really wanted to go to that meet up on Friday. I'll have to catch the next one. Maybe by then I will have my car back.

Ford just called me. Shit's getting annoying already.

Guy told me I am getting a new tranny. He doesn't know when though. They're not sure if the synchros or forks are busted or both. But apparently Ford immediately authorized a new trans. He said he didn't know if they'd allow him to take one off the lot and yank its trans or not either. I told him if they did that I did not want one from a car with an early 2018 build date - that it had to be late 2018 or early 2019. Hoping that would allow me a buffer to having this happen again assuming its because the early 18 builds (mine was July 2018) were part of the messed up batch.

One curious thing he said was that apparently Ford did a re-design on the new tranny's that are on backorder? First I have heard of this. Not sure if I believe him on that one.

Oh - and he said they can only authorize a loaner for 4 days initially and then 10 days in addition. After that I'd have to pay. Fuck that.

Sponsored

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I would be talking to Ford customer service about what options you have. Tell them your interested in buyback options.. maybe that will open the door for them covering your note during the repair downtime? I have heard of some guys getting Ford to cover their payments until warranty work is finished.

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah man I’ve got to find that 800 number for their customer service dept. I’m about to go digging in the recall forum here.

The whole loaner thing is equally maddening and perplexing. I’m one who doesn’t need it but I want it. I don’t want to keep racking miles on my truck. But imagine those whose only car is in for an issue like this and they say “tough shit you get 14 days total and anything beyond you have to foot the bill for”.

I’ve read a little about the payment reimbursement and I will be pushing for that. I’ll mention buyback if need be but honestly I’d end up buying another one just like this one so all things considered I hope they fix this. The only thing I’d change on a buyback is I’d go 401A vs the 400A I’ve got now.

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dropped the POS Focus loaner off today and got an update.

They were approved to pull a new 2019 GT off the lot and take its trans out and put it into mine. So I should have it back some time next week.

I did ask them before that if they did this to get one from a car with a 2019 build date in case my issues were leftovers from the 2018 shift fork/synchro issues (mine was build 7-2018). The car my new one is coming out of was built this month so hopefully I don’t have issues going forward.

Also asked them if I can have the tech change the fluid with BG or Amsoil and he said he would ask. I’m going to read up on which is better and buy some. Even if they don’t do it I’ll change it myself.

On a side note - any of you guys hitting the Mustang show at the Lonestar Flight Museum this weekend? I’m gonna ride down tomorrow or Saturday morning.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I dropped the POS Focus loaner off today and got an update.

They were approved to pull a new 2019 GT off the lot and take its trans out and put it into mine. So I should have it back some time next week.

I did ask them before that if they did this to get one from a car with a 2019 build date in case my issues were leftovers from the 2018 shift fork/synchro issues (mine was build 7-2018). The car my new one is coming out of was built this month so hopefully I don’t have issues going forward.

Also asked them if I can have the tech change the fluid with BG or Amsoil and he said he would ask. I’m going to read up on which is better and buy some. Even if they don’t do it I’ll change it myself.

On a side note - any of you guys hitting the Mustang show at the Lonestar Flight Museum this weekend? I’m gonna ride down tomorrow or Saturday morning.
That's good that they found a way to get you taken care of sooner than later. I personally like the BG products and they seem to work well in the MT-82.

I'm going to try to make that show, but not sure if I can fit it in to my schedule as I think I have already over committed myself.

Schooley and I are planning on making it out to Cars and Coffee next weekend though, so hopefully the weather is nice that weekend.

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's good that they found a way to get you taken care of sooner than later. I personally like the BG products and they seem to work well in the MT-82.

I'm going to try to make that show, but not sure if I can fit it in to my schedule as I think I have already over committed myself.

Schooley and I are planning on making it out to Cars and Coffee next weekend though, so hopefully the weather is nice that weekend.
Yeah I was gonna try to ride down today since it’s only day they’ve got the P51 plane alongside the cars but won’t make it. So I’ll prob head down in the morning. I was just coming in from Katy and saw a line of about 10 s550’s headed that way. Made me miss driving my damn car!

Cool I’ll catch up with you guys then. Hopefully I’ll have mine but I’ll still come out regardless.
Sponsored