LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. Sounds very involved, probably just pass then. 15 horsepower is not worth all that .
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
High flow cats will still trip a cat inefficiency CEL unless you're running Kooks Green Cats. Some tuners won't turn off rear O2 sensors anymore either because they don't want to get on gov't radar and honestly I can't really blame them.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
If you think 15HP is all you will pick up, then that's a wise decision.
No I know you get a better delivery of power through the hole power band...and some say better drive ability.
I just get put off with all the back and fourth shit.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Actually just talked to my ford dealership - friends with the manager. He says ford got a lot more strict with the warranty and Modding over the years and advised me not to do a tune. Everything has to be documented and pictures taken and if something major like engine failure etc. they always send a inspector. He said any kind of engine failure would result in not being covered or at the very least be a major complication in getting warrantied.
That's enough for me to put it on the back burner for now. Thanks for the replies guys.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Actually just talked to my ford dealership - friends with the manager. He says ford got a lot more strict with the warranty and Modding over the years and advised me not to do a tune. Everything has to be documented and pictures taken and if something major like engine failure etc. they always send a inspector. He said any kind of engine failure would result in not being covered or at the very least be a major complication in getting warrantied.
That's enough for me to put it on the back burner for now. Thanks for the replies guys.
Down side to buying new is killing a potential warranty you just paid for in the sticker price along with the luxury of being "first owner".

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I have had the Lund flex tune and JLT CAI for more than two years. There was NO datalogging involved. Since I went from 91 octane to e85 horsepower increase was huge.

DTMR19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue EcoBoost 101A Package
"Again, you start to see where the issues happen and it's easier to understand why we do not treat the EcoBoost like any other engine before it."

How do you specifically treat the Eco Boost differently than any other engine? As a 2018 EB owner I am tempted to tune but afraid of EcoBoom.
Sponsored