Sponsored

New Sponsor Antigravity Batteries- Question about Battery Sizing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Hi all,

We are a new sponsor to the Forum... I have a question I would like to get answered about the GT350s battery fitment. We (Antigravity Batteries) have a new Series of lightweight lithium Batteries coming out next week. They are specific OEM Sized Automotive Batteries available in the standardized OEM sizes for most all cars. So I need to figure if our latest H5/Group47 size battery will fit into the GT350s.

So to explain a few things... We know what batteries the Mustangs use... they are the 67R,96R, and T5. Physically these are ALL the same size and interchangeable. So in fact the 67R=96R=T5, BUT we are making the H5 model which is the EXACT SAME dimensions as the 67R/96R/T5 except is it 5/8" inches TALLER. So in fact it drops into any of the Mustangs Battery Boxes fine... but we are NOT sure if the extra 5/8" inches in height are going to not allow the Cover to go on the battery tray.

We also know some are also replacing the 67R/96R/T5 as shown in other threads with the Group47/H5... but I'm not sure if they are putting the Cap back on or not. So I'm just trying to clarify if anyone has swapped out to a H5/Group47 and gets the cap back on or if that extra 5/8th inches in height doesn't work. So can anybody confirm this unequivocally?

Also for those interested in Lightweight Lithium.... Here is what the new H5/Group47 is about...

https://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/products/starter-batteries/automotive/ag-h5-rs/

So this new line of RE-START Batteries is a dedicated Automotive Batteries in OEM sizes. They are not like some other smaller Lithium Batteries that we make and some use, these are our latest versions and a completely new. They are available in the most popular OEM Automotive Battery Sizes to fit most any Performance, or Passenger Vehicles on the Road. Additionally they have our RE-START built in Jump Starting that can Wirelessly activated.... so in essence you would never be stranded with a dead battery... no matter where you are and if the battery drains you just press the provided Keyfob to access the built-in jump starting and start the car.

Another Cool Feature is that we are making them in different Amp Hour Capacities. Most of these new batteries will have a 24Ah, 30Ah or 40Ah option. So you can choose what works best for your application. For example if your into the biggest weight reduction then our 24Ah in the H5/Group47 size weighs 8.5lbs.... on the other hand if you want something with alot of extra capacity you can opt for the 40Ah version which weighs 15lbs.. but is better for a Car driven in freezing weather, and where you have alot of extra accesories. We have a 30Ah model also that splits the difference but those are about another month or so later as they are still in production.

Below are some pictures...

322507-7a5ab2d74396be9594b9999b50b88a9a-jpg.jpg
322510-8434f82fceb84708f2ae957339fff20b-jpg.jpg
322509-9ab34bcc000b550bf798efe78d74ccb8-jpg.jpg
322508-59c8527a64351d6c6d326c318bcf6008-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Interested. Watching to see where this goes.

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
Hi all,

We are a new sponsor to the Forum... I have a question I would like to get answered about the GT350s battery fitment. We (Antigravity Batteries) have a new Series of lightweight lithium Batteries coming out next week. They are specific OEM Sized Automotive Batteries available in the standardized OEM sizes for most all cars. So I need to figure if our latest H5/Group47 size battery will fit into the GT350s.

So to explain a few things... We know what batteries the Mustangs use... they are the 67R,96R, and T5. Physically these are ALL the same size and interchangeable. So in fact the 67R=96R=T5, BUT we are making the H5 model which is the EXACT SAME dimensions as the 67R/96R/T5 except is it 5/8" inches TALLER. So in fact it drops into any of the Mustangs Battery Boxes fine... but we are NOT sure if the extra 5/8" inches in height are going to not allow the Cover to go on the battery tray.

We also know some are also replacing the 67R/96R/T5 as shown in other threads with the Group47/H5... but I'm not sure if they are putting the Cap back on or not. So I'm just trying to clarify if anyone has swapped out to a H5/Group47 and gets the cap back on or if that extra 5/8th inches in height doesn't work. So can anybody confirm this unequivocally?

Also for those interested in Lightweight Lithium.... Here is what the new H5/Group47 is about...

https://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/products/starter-batteries/automotive/ag-h5-rs/

So this new line of RE-START Batteries is a dedicated Automotive Batteries in OEM sizes. They are not like some other smaller Lithium Batteries that we make and some use, these are our latest versions and a completely new. They are available in the most popular OEM Automotive Battery Sizes to fit most any Performance, or Passenger Vehicles on the Road. Additionally they have our RE-START built in Jump Starting that can Wirelessly activated.... so in essence you would never be stranded with a dead battery... no matter where you are and if the battery drains you just press the provided Keyfob to access the built-in jump starting and start the car.

Another Cool Feature is that we are making them in different Amp Hour Capacities. Most of these new batteries will have a 24Ah, 30Ah or 40Ah option. So you can choose what works best for your application. For example if your into the biggest weight reduction then our 24Ah in the H5/Group47 size weighs 8.5lbs.... on the other hand if you want something with alot of extra capacity you can opt for the 40Ah version which weighs 15lbs.. but is better for a Car driven in freezing weather, and where you have alot of extra accesories. We have a 30Ah model also that splits the difference but those are about another month or so later as they are still in production.

Below are some pictures...

322507-7a5ab2d74396be9594b9999b50b88a9a-jpg.jpg
322510-8434f82fceb84708f2ae957339fff20b-jpg.jpg
322509-9ab34bcc000b550bf798efe78d74ccb8-jpg.jpg
322508-59c8527a64351d6c6d326c318bcf6008-jpg.jpg
If you send me one, I will be able to tell you for sure!

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
OP
OP
Antigravity Batteries

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
$700 are you kidding me ??? That's a joke, right ??
Don't worry its not for you.... It's a battery that will last for 7-8 years, won't ever go dead, and leave you stranded, has Wireless Built- in Jump-Starting and weighs only 9lbs. If that isn't for your thing it's fine. We actually have a big fan base for stuff like this, who find this a very reasonably priced product for what it delivers. They also understand the competition is over $1000 for their product that isn't nearly as advanced as this. This is a product for those who want to lighten their cars by are significant amount, and/or do trackdays and stuff like that.

Just want to get a question answered about height on the battery.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hi there!

In the process of converting my gt350 to a race car. looking to upgrade my battery game - OEM one has been giving me problems .

What's your recommendation for a track only, performance-focused car? More weight savings the better!

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not optimistic on the extra 5/8” clearance around and above the terminals. I don’t have photos, but could, and when I placed a 5/8” shim on top of the Gt350 stock battery terminals the rubber surrounds for the cover with did not sit flat. There is a bit of wiggle room with some shimming since this is a plastic cover with rubber edge but I’d have been comfortable closer to 3/8 without modification. It is generally close, so it’s conceivable to modify the cover lightly to fit. Of course I referring to a stock gt350 battery.

OP
OP
Antigravity Batteries

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Hi there!

In the process of converting my gt350 to a race car. looking to upgrade my battery game - OEM one has been giving me problems .

What's your recommendation for a track only, performance-focused car? More weight savings the better!
Honey Badger...

For Race use you would want to go with the lightest I assume but still have some solid Capacity... that would be the YTX12-24, and YTX20... they are roughly the same battery in difference Case formats with the YTX12-24 being in an ultra compact Case. My only issue would be to inform you to make sure you are not discharging them below 10.5v during storage, or discounnect them during storage and they can hold a charge for a year when they are not having a draw upon them.

We have other Battery options as above if you want to go with an OEM Size.. but the weight is more, but you do get more Amp Hours and the Remote Wireless RE-START feature. The YTX12-24 adn YTX20 are both very solid but they do not have the built-in protections of some of our other Batteries. So we warn people that those are best for the serious Performance User who is monitoring and caring for thier car a bit more. They only offer about 18 real Amp Hours. Also use a Lithium Charger on Lithium Batteries.

Lithium works fine in the CArs and charges fine, but Lead/Acid stand alone chargers do not use the same charging pattern as a Vehicles system and sometimes have De-Sulphate mode which Damages a Lithium Battery.

OP
OP
Antigravity Batteries

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
I’m not optimistic on the extra 5/8” clearance around and above the terminals. I don’t have photos, but could, and when I placed a 5/8” shim on top of the Gt350 stock battery terminals the rubber surrounds for the cover with did not sit flat. There is a bit of wiggle room with some shimming since this is a plastic cover with rubber edge but I’d have been comfortable closer to 3/8 without modification. It is generally close, so it’s conceivable to modify the cover lightly to fit. Of course I referring to a stock gt350 battery.
Thanks very much for the info.

Ok that just the info I wanted. I assume you can rig up something but our objective would be to make you NOT have to rig anything. We are looking at making the T5/96r/67R sized cases but just want to see if its worth it overall, and what the demand is. The h5 that we currently make is 5/8" taller... but maybe some won't mind or don't run the cover. I would prefer to have a drop in option for sure. But tooling a new mold can be a bit expensive. So we'll see... I think the Viper also uses the T5/96R

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Honey Badger...

For Race use you would want to go with the lightest I assume but still have some solid Capacity... that would be the YTX12-24, and YTX20... they are roughly the same battery in difference Case formats with the YTX12-24 being in an ultra compact Case. My only issue would be to inform you to make sure you are not discharging them below 10.5v during storage, or discounnect them during storage and they can hold a charge for a year when they are not having a draw upon them.

We have other Battery options as above if you want to go with an OEM Size.. but the weight is more, but you do get more Amp Hours and the Remote Wireless RE-START feature. The YTX12-24 adn YTX20 are both very solid but they do not have the built-in protections of some of our other Batteries. So we warn people that those are best for the serious Performance User who is monitoring and caring for thier car a bit more. They only offer about 18 real Amp Hours. Also use a Lithium Charger on Lithium Batteries.

Lithium works fine in the CArs and charges fine, but Lead/Acid stand alone chargers do not use the same charging pattern as a Vehicles system and sometimes have De-Sulphate mode which Damages a Lithium Battery.
Great. Thanks for the insight. Car will be on a master switch, so hopefully no issues with the battery draining. YTX12-24 ordered. Thanks again!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Antigravity Batteries

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Great. Thanks for the insight. Car will be on a master switch, so hopefully no issues with the battery draining. YTX12-24 ordered. Thanks again!
Yes if you are going with Master switch/Deadman Switch you are good to go. IN general they do have OK Amp Hours for use in street cars.. but most people don't realize that Street Cars have alot of Parasitic Drains, and if not careful they can easily over-discharge the battery. The Racers are usually a bit more aware of not over-discharging, but addtionally you usually have alot less Parasitic stuff on the car... but then other stuff like Added Electric Fans for cooling can sometimes be left ON when coming back into the Pits and we have seen team forget they have the fans in the car running for hours after bringing the car in... and can drain the battery. Just depending on how the car is set up. But be a little watchful... but it sound like you know what you are doing.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
YTX-20 installed since Christmas. LOVE IT! Starts the car so quickly. Powerful battery. You will need to purchase or manufacture a hold method.

OP
OP
Antigravity Batteries

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
YTX-20 installed since Christmas. LOVE IT! Starts the car so quickly. Powerful battery. You will need to purchase or manufacture a hold method.
I know that there are a few people doing it such as Ben at Fasthouse... his has a Catch Can set up also.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.