Sponsored

Any luck homologating Magnaflow Street Street Cat-Back Exhaust (Ecoboost) in Europe?

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016, BMW F11 M kit 2013, Seat Ateca 2017, Volvo T8 2019
This is what I'm betting here too. We have periodic vehicle inspections - at 4 years, then 6 years, then every year, and if they detect something that's not written on car's documents, it fails and we can't drive the car anymore until the "fault" is corrected.

Just for piece of mind, I would like to legalize the exhaust on car papers, but without a CE certificate, it's a no go.

Exactly the same system in Belgium with 4, 6 and so (depending on mileage - km)

So stupid those brands even try not to legalize their products. I am also into sales (IT & audio related products) and before we put a product on the market all are checked to be sure they are legal in Europe.
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
In Italy periodic vehicle inspections are after 4 years and then every 2 years.
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't notice neither the different exhaust nor the sequential turning lights, or the tribars :D
I have watched many of these inspections, and they never checked what type of exhaust a car has, or measured the db.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rev_B

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Exactly the same system in Belgium with 4, 6 and so (depending on mileage - km)

So stupid those brands even try not to legalize their products. I am also into sales (IT & audio related products) and before we put a product on the market all are checked to be sure they are legal in Europe.

I think Steeda.co.uk is to blame here. It should be easy to homologate, but they really don't have cared about it.

I agree, if you are selling a product you should follow some steps.

OP
OP
Rev_B

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
In Italy periodic vehicle inspections are after 4 years and then every 2 years.
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't notice neither the different exhaust nor the sequential turning lights, or the tribars :D
I have watched many of these inspections, nad they never checked what type of exhaust a car has, or measured the db.

If the exhaust is debranded, I guess it could pass for stock. Even for noise, a stock Focus RS exhaust is way louder than this.

Point is, if they see a brand on the exhaust they could easily realize that it's an aftermarket exhaust.

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Hey dont blame us! 8)
We love the Magnaflow street EB exhaust but we aren't Magnaflow. It costs money to certify things for the EU and we can't just pay for other companies parts to be homologated!

Sponsored

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Would you guys be interested in something from us?
Hi David, as stated in this topic a lot of guys are still using the standard exhaust because this one will not give an issue on annual control. I'd rather have a better sounding one but it needs to be TĂśV ok for Europe. Do you have anything?

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi David, as stated in this topic a lot of guys are still using the standard exhaust because this one will not give an issue on annual control. I'd rather have a better sounding one but it needs to be TĂśV ok for Europe. Do you have anything?
Yes, we'll have a homolgated exhaust for the 2018 and 2019 GT available this summer. Do you own a GT or an Ecoboost?

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Hi David, like you can see under my sig an EcoBoost ...

Sauron_EH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 156 & Mustang Fastback Ecoboost
So... 7 years later.... Are we still at the same point? No homologated exhaust system for the Ecoboost.

I've the SOLO catback system since 2015 and it passed the first inspection in Spain because it was the first time they saw this car, but 2 years later, in 2021, it did not pass the inspection because the exhaust has no homologation number on it. So i had to install the original one back to pass the inspection.
In a few months i have another inspection and now I'm gonna have them annually. Replacing them every time is gonna be tiring (and not cheap) . So I'd like to have an homologated exhaust system that sounds good.
Any idea?

Sponsored

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
I have the Magnaflow Street series installed, sounds great. I figured it's not too loud and looks stock-ish so I tried going to the inspection with it. It passed the emissions test, nobody was bothered by the volume, but at the end they had to fail my inspection because it didn't have a stupid EC number engraved in it. Tech guy said it would be fine for him as it isn't obnoxious and passed the emission test, but they don't make the rules. He also mentioned that if it would've been an American model, they would've been more mild but mine is a European one.

I did the install myself so I guess it's something I will have to swap yearly now. Oh well another excuse to work on my Mustang and the sound is totally worth it.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Magnaflow Street series installed, sounds great. I figured it's not too loud and looks stock-ish so I tried going to the inspection with it. It passed the emissions test, nobody was bothered by the volume, but at the end they had to fail my inspection because it didn't have a stupid EC number engraved in it. Tech guy said it would be fine for him as it isn't obnoxious and passed the emission test, but they don't make the rules. He also mentioned that if it would've been an American model, they would've been more mild but mine is a European one.

I did the install myself so I guess it's something I will have to swap yearly now. Oh well another excuse to work on my Mustang and the sound is totally worth it.
Damn, sometimes it's the little stuff.
Sponsored