OBD Readiness Check Failing

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
this may be a stupid question but does anyone think exhaust wrapping the hi flo cats on headers would help the temp issue and helping the cats/02s get to temp? i cant get my o2s to set as ready, got spacers on order but just curious if that would help at all
Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
if anyone ends up reading this thread i was able to pass on stock tune with 02 spacers installed, guess thats what ill be doing for emissions in the future.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
if anyone ends up reading this thread i was able to pass on stock tune with 02 spacers installed, guess thats what ill be doing for emissions in the future.
Did you have to get wire extensions for the extensions?

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Did you have to get wire extensions for the extensions?
i just used the included o2 extensions that came with the headers. as for the o2 spacers i just used the 90 degree ones linked in this thread from ebay. only used part of each one but they worked fine

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
i just used the included o2 extensions that came with the headers. as for the o2 spacers i just used the 90 degree ones linked in this thread from ebay. only used part of each one but they worked fine
Did you use the 90 degree fitting or just straight?

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Did you use the 90 degree fitting or just straight?
only needed the straight portion. would have had to take the midpipes off to get the 90s on and i didnt feel like it was going to do me any more good than the straight pieces.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
@kluke15 So you loaded the stock tune and the car ran fine with all of your Mods? Headers, Intake Manifold, PMAS, etc? I'm assuming that the PMAS is the no-tune required version? Thanks!

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
@kluke15 So you loaded the stock tune and the car ran fine with all of your Mods? Headers, Intake Manifold, PMAS, etc? I'm assuming that the PMAS is the no-tune required version? Thanks!
yup ran fine, yes im on the pmas no tune intake, the f150 mani supposedly doesnt "need" tuning changes and per lund the tune i had already would compensate for the headers so it all worked out ok. im actually datalogging for them again just to see if there are any changes that can be improved upon but in order to drive and pass smog it drove fine.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I've got to figure out what I'm going to do come May 2019. Think I may just load the stock tune and go that route since my Airaid is on the stock MAF curve.

Do the spacers actually help with the O2 sensors being detected with a tune loaded? I don't want to waste money on a solution that does nothing in that case.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I've got to figure out what I'm going to do come May 2019. Think I may just load the stock tune and go that route since my Airaid is on the stock MAF curve.

Do the spacers actually help with the O2 sensors being detected with a tune loaded? I don't want to waste money on a solution that does nothing in that case.
my experience was similar to yours. they would never set with the emissions tune and hundreds of miles driving and multiple drive cycles. im not that convinced the monitors will set with the tune loaded. anyways, i installed the spacers for a day or two while on the emissions tune and it still never set. but one drive cycle on stock tune with the spacers and everything set as normal.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I think I may go back to the stock tune and see if I can get all of the readiness to go green. If I do and it works, I'm going to reach back out to Lund again on my tune file which they swore should work.

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Sounds like the solution developed here is pretty simple.

Install stock intake.
Reload stock tune.
Install 02 extensions.
Test drive using the Ford drive cycle.
Check Readiness.
Pass emissions.

Re-install aftermarket intake.
Install tune.
Enjoy.

A bit of pain, but seems like the easiest route to go. How much of a problem will you have running LTH on the stock tune for only enough miles to set the readiness and go to the emissions station?

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I just received and installed some extensions that were just created for cars with headers and NO cats. Very cold here, but i will be taking through drive cycles over the holidays. I will report back the results

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
I just received and installed some extensions that were just created for cars with headers and NO cats. Very cold here, but i will be taking through drive cycles over the holidays. I will report back the results
Any update?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Try flashing the stock tune, then flashing the aftermarket tune with emissions on and install some O2 spacers. I drove on the stock tune and got my sensors to go green, but then I drove on my Lund 93 tune with emissions on and everything went green.
Sponsored