Sponsored

Mustang GT vs Kia Stinger GT

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
I own a 550i (2013) and while that is a nice car, I would not get one again. Maybe the N63TU engine is better, but the N63 has had tons of troubles. if you go that route, get a 2014 or newer.

If you can accept a used car, the Chevrolet SS is a nice vehicle. Better than a 5 series IMO. If I could have waited a year on my car purchase (could not, my GS430 was showing signs of engine failure), I would have done so and gotten that car. That said, it's RWD only.

What price range? 50k and under? For that, I would look at the Taurus SHO, especially if you want AWD if you want new. Or else the Lincoln MKS if you are looking at used. Good discounts on the Lincoln

Might be able to get a nice set of discounts on the 2018 3 series (get the 340). Only 330 HP or so, but it drives very nice and has good usable room. Even the back has room for 2 adults.

Finally, take a look at the Dodge Charger. Can't get AWD with the bigger engines, but it's a nice sized car. The Chrysler 300 is more adult friendly in the back. My mother rejected it because it felt too much like her old car (lexus LS430), so it's a nice car.

Finally, look at some of the new wagons out there. The Buick Regal Touring, the Subaru Outback, etc. Not great in the power department, but still might check the boxes you want without needing to go to a mini-van or a bland SUV.

Good luck to you, and congratulations on your new daughter. May her life be filled with happiness, health, and success in whatever she does.

boostmark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS2, 2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 1998 E150
New to the forums but I had to chime in here. I have 2012 MKS with 93 LMS tune $600. and it is a very fun car. I picked it up for 17k when it was 4 years old just off of a limo lease and its a total sleeper now at 440 hp and drives just like stock with every option you could wan`t. My new car is a lot faster but for day to day driving the Lincoln gets the nod. Talk about leaving a light fast, the guy next to you will be like where did he goooooooooo. LOL

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
New to the forums but I had to chime in here. I have 2012 MKS with 93 LMS tune $600. and it is a very fun car. I picked it up for 17k when it was 4 years old just off of a limo lease and its a total sleeper now at 440 hp and drives just like stock with every option you could wan`t. My new car is a lot faster but for day to day driving the Lincoln gets the nod. Talk about leaving a light fast, the guy next to you will be like where did he goooooooooo. LOL
I had a SHO with their tune. Had issues. I have a SSI tune and it is much, much, much better. Makes more power on 87 than the LMS did on 93 and does not have engine light issues. Their 93 tune will run circles around the LMS.

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
I had a SHO with their tune. Had issues. I have a SSI tune and it is much, much, much better. Makes more power on 87 than the LMS did on 93 and does not have engine light issues. Their 93 tune will run circles around the LMS.
I'm glad SSi worked out well for you, but there are too many documented failures for how he tuned and treats his customers. My Lincoln MKS is LMS tuned as well and runs great, but if I had to start over again, I'd give GearHead first dibs. Their tunes are doing work and with the new intercooler they just released, are furthering the platform that I thought was pretty much done for.

Sponsored

bob13bob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge caravan, Acura rsx
for some reason, it doesn't look good in this video.

maybe euro price is big difference than US street price for value.

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
Anyone else on here think the Kia has a face only a mother could love?

2018-Kia-Stinger-GT-front-end.jpg
Nope. I think it looks great. Remains one of my favorite cars available right now.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Nope. I think it looks great. Remains one of my favorite cars available right now.
I saw one yesterday and I have to admit the face is growing on me. I still don't want a 4 door V6 car, but the face doesn't completely repel me anymore.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
If I can't manage the new born with the mustang and my ram 2500, I'm ditching the mustang for a stinger. I sat in one at the Arizona auto show and it's a great car inside and out.

Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Stinger GT is too expensive for what you get, and it's a Kia... no thanks.
Guess you never heard of Audi/BMW, who charge 15k more for the same thing. lol

Oh my God, let this thread f---ing die already!!
Oh my goodness, let this thread be void of vulgarity already!!

I will never get tired of insulting the Stinger's "styling".
I'll never get tired of pointing out what a waste of time it is whine about something that is "subjective".

If I can't manage the new born with the mustang and my ram 2500, I'm ditching the mustang for a stinger. I sat in one at the Arizona auto show and it's a great car inside and out.
I've owned/raced more Mustangs than most people on this forum, have now moved on to a Stinger GT AWD.
Awesome car!

Hope you enjoy yours. :-)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'll never get tired of pointing out what a waste of time it is whine about something that is "subjective".

I've owned/raced more Mustangs than most people on this forum, have now moved on to a Stinger GT AWD.
Awesome car!

Congrats on the new car! Hope I didn't hurt your feelings too much. I'm sure you have lots of good reasons for buying it.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Guess you never heard of Audi/BMW, who charge 15k more for the same thing. lol

Oh my goodness, let this thread be void of vulgarity already!!

Awesome car!

I don't know why all the hate for that car here. Looks amazing, great power, great reliability, awesome interior, great price... what gives? I figured mustang guys would be all about an affordable and fast family hauler

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I don't know why all the hate for that car here. Looks amazing, great power, great reliability, awesome interior, great price... what gives? I figured mustang guys would be all about an affordable and fast family hauler
I like the car. And Hyundai is actually a fantastic car builder now. They have great engineering and management. Kia being under Hyundai, benefits greatly.

I just don’t like the Stinger in a comparison to the mustang. It loses horribly.

Compare it to other “side cars” and we can have a convo.