Sponsored

Sound Tube Whine Mod

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
I have stage 1 and stage 4 both installed, its extremely loud, if you ever ridden in a lightning termi o harley you know how loud they scream, mine screams that loud x2 , but part throttle you hear a hiss sound , 35-40% throttle you can already hear the supercharger whine which is nice
Sponsored

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
I have stage 1 and stage 4 both installed, its extremely loud, if you ever ridden in a lightning termi o harley you know how loud they scream, mine screams that loud x2 , but part throttle you hear a hiss sound , 35-40% throttle you can already hear the supercharger whine which is nice
How did you end up installing two. One wasnt loud enough so you tryed another one haha. I think it's great definitely want to know how you did the install. Not a fan of super loud exhaut but I do like Blower/Turbos being loud.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
How did you end up installing two. One wasnt loud enough so you tryed another one haha. I think it's great definitely want to know how you did the install. Not a fan of super loud exhaut but I do like Blower/Turbos being loud.
This is what happened, Im at 10k da during summer, and I have had a centri and I wanted to have a PD because I really like the whine, and when I first drove it I was really disappointed that I could just barely hear a whine at like 7k and thats whith a silent exhaust, so I started trying stuff but then I came across a guy on this forum who was in the same boat but he figured it out and that was the stage 1 which is using the sound tube and connecting it to the airbox and you have a real nice whine, but at my altitude I make alot less boost, so I went down to a 3” pulley so I could get a better time at the track and the whine got alot louder, but I cant use that pulley for dd, so I thought what else can I do,so I found out fosterscmods makes a kit in stages, and stage 4 is drilling a hole in the maf housing and drilling a new bigger hole in the cabin where you connect it with a hose, but since I had the stage 1 already installed I kept it in place and added the stage 4 and let me tell you, that did the trick, I myself love it, but many would find it be way to much. Ill post the video of stage 1, where you can hear the exhaust. I have longtube o/r headers, res delete and roush ab, so yes, the exhaust is really loud.

And next video is stage 1&4 and you cant hear the exhaust at all over the SC scream!!’ If you want to know how it sound in real life, get some headphones, turn it all the way up and thats how loud it is in person.

stage 1

Stage 1&4

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
Damn that does sound good. Well I have the stage 4 for my gen 5. I dont have the car till next month. I ordered it. So I'm gonna do the stage 4 first and if I want more I'm gonna do the 1 too haha. Thanks

Sponsored

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
So does the stage 2 require any part of the stock sound tube to use? I threw mine out and it’s plugged which is why I ask

OP
OP
Devil5oh

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So does the stage 2 require any part of the stock sound tube to use? I threw mine out and it’s plugged which is why I ask
Im not sure. I have the same question

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
No, it's an entirely separate piece. I don't have my stock sound tube either.

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Yes stage 1&2 uses part of the stock sound tube

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH

Sponsored

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Stage 3&4 dont use stock sound tube, comes with everything needed to make it work
Sponsored