Problems with ambient temperature sensor

Bernborough

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernie
Vehicle(s)
Ingot GT Fastback Auto
My car has just reached 28 months (8 more months of warranty cover) and a couple of small (I hope) issues have emerged.
1. About 6 months ago, I noticed that very occasionally the ambient temp would indicate 10 degrees C for some time after start up. Recently the problem has started to occur more regularly. This morning it remained that way for about 15 minutes, before rectifying itself and showing real temp - about 32 degrees C. The problem is that the air conditioning will not kick in and I was boiling. Shutting the car down and restarting had no effect. I photographed the display screen to prove that the problem exists.
2. My rear window demister does not work. The dealer had one look at it and reported that it was ok, I just needed to allow more time. When pressed, he advised that they had checked to get 12V at the supply terminals. I asked whether anyone did a continuity test for the demister element - no. Did anyone use a thermal gun to check temps - no.
The dealer is having the car for another round tomorrow.
Has anyone else had these issues?
Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
The sensor is located behind the lower grille on the RHS side in the corner. You can see it from the front of the car.

Reseat the connector.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
My car has just reached 28 months (8 more months of warranty cover) and a couple of small (I hope) issues have emerged.
1. About 6 months ago, I noticed that very occasionally the ambient temp would indicate 10 degrees C for some time after start up. Recently the problem has started to occur more regularly. This morning it remained that way for about 15 minutes, before rectifying itself and showing real temp - about 32 degrees C. The problem is that the air conditioning will not kick in and I was boiling. Shutting the car down and restarting had no effect. I photographed the display screen to prove that the problem exists.
I've had the same problem for about a year and was going to get it looked at next service. If it does it on a hot day I have to put it on manual cooling until it fixes itself.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bernborough

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernie
Vehicle(s)
Ingot GT Fastback Auto
The dealer reported that they had to "reset the system" as per Ford's recommendation. It has worked ok since (but it is only 2 days ago). On a positive note, it would always bring up 10 degrees C as the initial temp, then it would quickly jump to the actual temp (or sometimes stay stuck at 10). Now it immediately goes to the actual temp at start up. Fingers crossed!

OP
OP

Bernborough

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernie
Vehicle(s)
Ingot GT Fastback Auto
My problem with the ambient temp continues... it happened 3 times today after having been ok for some time). Back to the dealer before my warranty expires next month. Has anyone else seen this problem? If so, what was the fix?

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
My problem with the ambient temp continues... it happened 3 times today after having been ok for some time). Back to the dealer before my warranty expires next month. Has anyone else seen this problem? If so, what was the fix?
To be honest mine has done it a few times lately but I never remember to get it looked at when it's getting serviced. Never lasts for more than 5 minutes though.
Sponsored