PP Strut Tower Brace kit + Cowl Extension + Lower K Brace Install Guide

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 GT California Special.

It rides decently up front for stock vs base GT.

I just confirmed that aside from the Strut Tower Brace that they advertise in the trim package,

As I checked over my car, I also got the Metal Cowl Brace, GT PP Lower K Brace, and Insulator, even the GT/CS only comes with 19" wheels.

Also I get the PP lower bumper with extended chin spoiler as well.
Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
How exactly do the wipers go back on? Do I just press them on by hand or use a rubber mallet to get it lower on the bolt?

NVM - got them on. Just press on and tighten the bolt. Had to readjust position a couple times - should have taken a pic of the wiper position before removing.

Great write-up for the install - thanks for putting it together. I don't know how anyone installs the cowl brace without removing both wipers. I tried with just the passenger wiper removed but there was no way I could slide the brace under the firewall lip on the left side - no prob once I removed the driver wiper. Also, my torque wrench wouldn't fit under the cowl to tighten the far left bolt, so I just hand tightened. Everything after the cowl install is cake. It's gonna be harder to check oil now since the strut brace blocks the dipstick.

Oh yea - I dropped a cowl clip behind the front fender - any idea how to get it out? Does removing the fender cover in the wheel well allow access behind the fender?

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hard to overstate how much the combination of all four of these bracing parts does. Any non-PP car should be doing this ASAP. You'll have a more responsive front-end, and a better and more controlled ride.

Sponsored

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I still have all of these parts listed in the OP brand new for sale. Getting a 2019 Mustang GT w/ PP so don’t need anymore. Please pm me if anyone is interested.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I have a base car. No doubt on a must for a base car if you are seeking a better handling car.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Hard to overstate how much the combination of all four of these bracing parts does. Any non-PP car should be doing this ASAP. You'll have a more responsive front-end, and a better and more controlled ride.
Glad the 2019 GT/CS has all these bracing goodies already even it is a non-pp.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I just bought the cowl extension panel due to the overwhelming positive feedback on it. Looking forward to installing it.
I decided not to bother with the PP lower k-brace because folks I've talked to say it doesn't do anything noticeable. Still may add later, undecided.

jameskhana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Base
I just bought the cowl extension panel due to the overwhelming positive feedback on it. Looking forward to installing it.
I decided not to bother with the PP lower k-brace because folks I've talked to say it doesn't do anything noticeable. Still may add later, undecided.
IMO the most useful aspect of the PP lower K brace is it makes accessing the oil filter much easier. You just have to remove one bolt and the small flap drops down, whereas on base models you have to remove the entire cover plastic cover and loosen some other bolts as well so that the cover can slide out. After one oil change I was really hoping there was a better option, and thanks to this forum I found it.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
IMO the most useful aspect of the PP lower K brace is it makes accessing the oil filter much easier. You just have to remove one bolt and the small flap drops down, whereas on base models you have to remove the entire cover plastic cover and loosen some other bolts as well so that the cover can slide out.
Very true. :beer:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
IMO the most useful aspect of the PP lower K brace is it makes accessing the oil filter much easier. You just have to remove one bolt and the small flap drops down, whereas on base models you have to remove the entire cover plastic cover and loosen some other bolts as well so that the cover can slide out. After one oil change I was really hoping there was a better option, and thanks to this forum I found it.
Agreed. Oil changes are much, much easier.

Jwh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
im putting these part numbers into ford performance site and a lot of the time its not coming up....any chance we could get links to this stuff?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
im putting these part numbers into ford performance site and a lot of the time its not coming up....any chance we could get links to this stuff?
I went onto Tasca ford parts and entered the part numbers. That should find it for you.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Contact Benny at Levittown Ford. he's on this site.

CvCAshmere
Sponsored