Sponsored

verus/trackspec hood vents

bananafonez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt shadow black
wondering if anyone has mixed and matched these two vents. ( verus side vents and trackspec center vent.) Looks like they would match better mixing the brands. post pics if you have done so!
Sponsored

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I plan to add the verus side vents to my center trackspec within a month or two. I agree, they seem like a good pairing.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Just placed an order for the side vents. I will post up some pictures once I get them installed.

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
wondering if anyone has mixed and matched these two vents. ( verus side vents and trackspec center vent.) Looks like they would match better mixing the brands. post pics if you have done so!
Our cars look pretty similar based on your profile picture. No complaints with the Tracspec pairing!

LR6wPzq.jpg

qalWOIj.jpg

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Good looking car

Sponsored

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Just got the vents in. Planning to install them this weekend so should have some pictures then.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Just finished the install today. I am really happy with how it came out.

Car is still dirty from last track day so just a quick picture for now. Should hopefully have some time this week to clean it up and take some better pictures.

33328640518_8c84599899_h.jpg

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished the install today. I am really happy with how it came out.

Car is still dirty from last track day so just a quick picture for now. Should hopefully have some time this week to clean it up and take some better pictures.

33328640518_8c84599899_h.jpg
How hard is that center vent to install? I have the trackspecs side vents already but considering the center vent.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
How hard is that center vent to install? I have the trackspecs side vents already but considering the center vent.
Well there is definitely a lot of cutting involved (a lot...) and the second skin layer on the underside of the hood is close to the top layer in some spots, so.... you have to be really careful. Overall the install isn't bad at all in my opinion, but I don't mind taking a saw to my hood. Another thing to consider is the lack of availability of a rain guard, without one... rain pools up in the coil plug areas. Not good. I ended up making my own rain gutter out of aluminum sheeting to allow me to continue driving the car daily. If you heavily track the car, I think the center vent is the way to go as it is positioned to most effectively extract out hot air from the radiator. If it is for a car that primarily sees street time, then... may not be worth it.

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for following up. Looks good. Take some glamour shots of that thing out in the sunshine.

Sponsored

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
Well there is definitely a lot of cutting involved (a lot...) and the second skin layer on the underside of the hood is close to the top layer in some spots, so.... you have to be really careful. Overall the install isn't bad at all in my opinion, but I don't mind taking a saw to my hood. Another thing to consider is the lack of availability of a rain guard, without one... rain pools up in the coil plug areas. Not good. I ended up making my own rain gutter out of aluminum sheeting to allow me to continue driving the car daily. If you heavily track the car, I think the center vent is the way to go as it is positioned to most effectively extract out hot air from the radiator. If it is for a car that primarily sees street time, then... may not be worth it.
Did you have any thoughts of getting a carbon fiber race hood vs the cost/work involved with the factory hood with vents? I'm really torn on which direction to go and I wonder if the cutting is worth losing the option to go back to stock. There are some sharp looking options and I personally like carbon fiber on a black car.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Did you have any thoughts of getting a carbon fiber race hood vs the cost/work involved with the factory hood with vents? I'm really torn on which direction to go and I wonder if the cutting is worth losing the option to go back to stock. There are some sharp looking options and I personally like carbon fiber on a black car.
The minimal weight savings from carbon fiber and/or the convenience of keeping the stock hood intact were not attractive options for me. The stock hood is already quite light and I intend to retire the car from daily driving at some point to go full “race car” on it, hence... the vents.

If you intend on selling the car than an aftermarket hood may be a better option. The carbon fiber approach is typically reserved for track cars as they tend to crack with normal street use. I used to have one on my 2006 and the clear cracked in several spots, but then again there are probably some people out there that had good experiences with carbon.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Real world experience. I do a lot of street driving so that information is priceless. Thank you. No center vent for me.

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
The minimal weight savings from carbon fiber and/or the convenience of keeping the stock hood intact were not attractive options for me. The stock hood is already quite light and I intend to retire the car from daily driving at some point to go full “race car” on it, hence... the vents.

If you intend on selling the car than an aftermarket hood may be a better option. The carbon fiber approach is typically reserved for track cars as they tend to crack with normal street use. I used to have one on my 2006 and the clear cracked in several spots, but then again there are probably some people out there that had good experiences with carbon.
Great points. Thanks for the perspective and I like what you've done to your ride.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Real world experience. I do a lot of street driving so that information is priceless. Thank you. No center vent for me.
Your welcome sir.

Great points. Thanks for the perspective and I like what you've done to your ride.
No problem and thanks!
Sponsored