Sponsored

May I introduce you to JR357, the second to last base R

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
Prepare a fatted calf - JR357 has returned! Tom - you're sure going to look good in the robe, ring, and sandals.... typical outer wear this time of year for sunny FL. :sun:
Tom......... How do you find the White/Blue Stripes compared to your Yellow ShelbyR ?

Hey Chris !! ..............bet you’re itching to take out JR265.......... Cheers
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Prepare a fatted calf - JR357 has returned! Tom - you're sure going to look good in the robe, ring, and sandals.... typical outer wear this time of year for sunny FL. :sun:
Hmm. Well, the sandals part of this story involves a new set of wheels. That part isn't going so well. The Rhobe? I'll call that a wrap of expel. I can hold off on that because I have a big ass roll of track tape in the garage. The ring? Well, let's just say I'm waiting on important news that would be ring worthy.

As for the keds, it's looking like I'm going to have to borrow my 6GRs off HR361 so that I may get to know my protigal son before summer hits. She is beautiful in every way.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom......... How do you find the White/Blue Stripes compared to your Yellow ShelbyR ?

Hey Chris !! ..............bet you’re itching to take out JR265.......... Cheers
I used to own an oxford white track pack that I loved. I traded it in towards HR361. Oxford white with blue stripes is the classic color combo and cant be more fitting for a rare base R.

HR361 is a 1 of 20 car that probably shouldnt be sold. It is rare and has been exceptionally cared for. "A bird in hand" phrase comes to mind. In a conversation with Ford Performance recently, it was suggested I keep HR361. On top of it all, Harry (PP0001) seems to feel the same way.

Despite the "ring", which I am grateful for, it has placed a burden on me. Despite the reference to the prodigal son by Muligan, I feel this story is more like Cain and Abel. I'm not a religious person, but I hate to "sacrifice" HR361. I am my brothers keeper and I have cared for HR361 so well.

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
I used to own an oxford white track pack that I loved. I traded it in towards HR361. Oxford white with blue stripes is the classic color combo and cant be more fitting for a rare base R.

HR361 is a 1 of 20 car that probably shouldnt be sold. It is rare and has been exceptionally cared for. "A bird in hand" phrase comes to mind. In a conversation with Ford Performance recently, it was suggested I keep HR361. On top of it all, Harry (PP0001) seems to feel the same way.

Despite the "ring", which I am grateful for, it has placed a burden on me. Despite the reference to the prodigal son by Muligan, I feel this story is more like Cain and Abel. I'm not a religious person, but I hate to "sacrifice" HR361. I am my brothers keeper and I have cared for HR361 so well.
That’s cool that your first GT350 was White!!!

It was meant to be.

However, I feel for you Tom ......... that’s a really hard choice to make........ definitely not an

easy call to have to make.....

However, eventually if she goes to someone who will appreciate her and not live too far

away..... that would be awesome ......

and definitely go a long way in making it the right thing to do.

When you get a chance , I’d love to see some more pictures of your new “Baby” !!!

Cheers .........

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
That’s cool that your first GT350 was White!!!

It was meant to be.

However, I feel for you Tom ......... that’s a really hard choice to make........ definitely not an

easy call to have to make.....

However, eventually if she goes to someone who will appreciate her and not live too far

away..... that would be awesome ......

and definitely go a long way in making it the right thing to do.

When you get a chance , I’d love to see some more pictures of your new “Baby” !!!

Cheers .........
Sure, which angle would you like? Before xpel and wheels, she isn't going to see too much of the street.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Look what came in the mail today...... a third key fob complete with a Shelby emblem on it for JR357. I just got done reprogramming it tonight.

You all know how particular I am with keeping things original to the car. HR361's key fobs are still in the original sealed plastic wrapper.

One of the worst beat up things with use is a key fob. With this, I can still have the cool Shelby logo and preserve the originals for my nephew or whoever winds up with this car when I croak.

20190218_222418.jpg

20190218_222405.jpg

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Hey Cory,

How have you been? I hope you are still enjoying that beautiful LG. I'm probably not going to make it only because I just ordered a set of SV902 wheels and they will take 5 weeks to get. I have to set up Xpel, and to pay for that, so...… I am probably going to have to pick up an extra trip. I guess what that means is I am probably not going to be doing any R driving anytime soon. Call me fussy, but it would kill me to get a bunch of rock chips in a very rare base R.

I remember my first 350. I couldn't stay away from it. However just like driving it, not driving it is an exercise in self control. I don't know what those people in the great white north do for many months on end without driving these beauties.

Don't be a stranger. I hope all is going well.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
Hey Cory,

How have you been? I hope you are still enjoying that beautiful LG. I'm probably not going to make it only because I just ordered a set of SV902 wheels and they will take 5 weeks to get. I have to set up Xpel, and to pay for that, so...… I am probably going to have to pick up an extra trip. I guess what that means is I am probably not going to be doing any R driving anytime soon. Call me fussy, but it would kill me to get a bunch of rock chips in a very rare base R.

I remember my first 350. I couldn't stay away from it. However just like driving it, not driving it is an exercise in self control. I don't know what those people in the great white north do for many months on end without driving these beauties.

Don't be a stranger. I hope all is going well.
All is well. Been driving J1131 almost everyday. Will be taking it to get xpel on the front and other exposed surfaces but not the entire wrap. Completely understand. No need risking the chips. Hope to come visit soon.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
We'll see. I am excited, but this whole starting over thing (wheels, xpel, etc) is a financial burden. Thank god I have those continental tires in the garage all ready to go (from way back when).

Despite everything, having a very rare base R is worth it (despite being advised not to sell HR361).

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
We'll see. I am excited, but this whole starting over thing (wheels, xpel, etc) is a financial burden. Thank god I have those continental tires in the garage all ready to go (from way back when).

Despite everything, having a very rare base R is worth it (despite being advised not to sell HR361).
It hurts now, but you'll be happy once you recover.

But maybe that's me projecting :)

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I don't know what those people in the great white north do for many months on end without driving these beauties.
Rub it in, man..... rub it in.

Mostly we just spend those winter months working on our cars or staring at them in repose. As Peter Egan once wrote in one of his Road & Track musings on winter months in the Midwest, sometimes speed remembered in quiet solitude is just as satisfying.

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Tomster what color did you go with? Those 902's are a really good looking wheel.
Sponsored