Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Do you have a specific tune and if so, who with?

My diff temp is unregistered until about 15 minutes of driving and slowly climbs to about a 1/4 up the scale or slightly more depending on the driving I’m doing.
Sponsored

k4show

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
Do you have a specific tune and if so, who with?

My diff temp is unregistered until about 15 minutes of driving and slowly climbs to about a 1/4 up the scale or slightly more depending on the driving I’m doing.
I have the Ford Performance Power Pack 2 tune. I just find it strange sitting in my driveway with a cold start and not moving the car seeing it at 140F or so.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Yeah obviously it shouldn’t do that for you. It may be a tune parameter but I’m not familiar with the power packs. My initial issue was that Lund did not tune for it but also in my case I would get no reading. That has since been worked out.
I guess best bet would be to check with others that have the same tune, Ford and a recheck of all systems.

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Installed my digital dash today but I cant modify anything with IPC? Keeps saying "Service procedure has been interrupted." However I can modify the SCCM. Any ideas? I've already tried deleting the car and deleting the program and reinstalling it.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Installed my digital dash today but I cant modify anything with IPC? Keeps saying "Service procedure has been interrupted." However I can modify the SCCM. Any ideas? I've already tried deleting the car and deleting the program and reinstalling it.
I had same issue the other day, I deleted vehicle profile then restarted forscan. hopefully it works for you as well.

Sponsored

Valiant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Val
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT in Eruption Green
I must be the unluckiest guy here. Ws super excited, bought the dash for USD$895 from ebay, from the link above.

Came cracked.. outside, and the bezel and everything was fine no signs of drop damage.
52540388_563265564190580_678231711779127296_n.jpg

Last edited:

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
I must be the unluckiest guy here. Ws super excited, bought the dash for USD$895 from ebay, from the link above.

Came cracked.. outside, and the bezel and everything was fine no signs of drop damage.
52540388_563265564190580_678231711779127296_n.jpg
That sucks man. I hope they replace it for you. Please keep us posted
Thanks

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
300mag.. Thanks for the help, I updated my forscan, I was using 2.3.19, and I updated to 2.3.20, I am not sure if that was the problem, but and that might have done the trick. I was able to downloaded all 16 of the different data sets...

I finally got to installing the dash, so far so good, I get 3 errors, 1) Blind Spot issue, 2) I forgot 3) 4x4 error... The IP is in, the SCCM is in, but I have not put the panels back on the dash yet.

Some things which I hope helps others when doing this. 1) The bottom part of the Steering column comes off super easy, I did not have to pull on it at all. There are 2 screws, a 7mm and a torx 25, once you remove those, I was able to spread the panel wide enough and it just unclipped really easy.

I was not pleased with how loose the IP was with just the 2 lower screws holding it in, so I made some brackets. I used steel banding, which I got from a shipment, and had not thrown away yet, and it worked like a charm... I cut the banding about 6" long, and then I bent it in my vise (pliers should work fine), measuring where I wanted each bend. I measured the distance between the IP brackets and the dash reinforcement structure. the LEFT side is about 1" away from the structure, and the Right side is about 5/8" from the structure. I have attached some pictures to help out. This made the IP VERY secure... Let me know if you have any questions..

Some notes:
1) I used 3/4" wide banding for the Brackets, I cut them about 6" long and then trimmed them down with tin-snips. I would have preferred some 1" or 1.5" wide sheet metal or banding as locating the holes for the IP would have been easier, but I used what I had... I like the banding because it is like a spring steel, and it is easy to work with... IF you use something really stiff, then you might break the IP mounting points... Furthermore the flexible nature of the banding lets it move and conform, without over stressing the IP...
2) I bench drilled the holes in the brackets prior to installing them, it made them a lot easier to install as they will want to walk on you when drilling.
3) To mount the brackets to the structure, I used #8 x 1/2" Wafer Head Self-Drilling Screws, I have seen them at Menards... I would imagine they are available at Lowes or Home Depot. I like the larger head as it acts like a washer. https://www.menards.com/main/tools-...38-c-8935.htm?tid=7046285496405860129&ipos=77
4) For the Long screws I got these from my bin of 3rd gen F-body parts, They are about 1.25" long, but you might be able to use 1", however anything shorter than 1" might not work with my bracket design. There is about 1/8" gap between my bracket and the IP mounting hole.
5) Where the IP attaches to the brackets I had to DRILL the brackets with the IP in the car, I had to be careful not to damage the side of the IP, but there was ample room to get the drill in there.
6) The LEFT bracket could be about 1/4" higher in my picture below, and about 3/8" further to the left, but it worked for me.
7) The RIGHT Bracket is also slightly low, but there are some holes in the dash structure which limited to where I could mount it. Again, a wider piece of sheet metal would have been advantageous, but I got it to work.

I hope this helps...
Drawing.jpg
IMG_6326.jpg
IMG_6327.jpg
IMG_6331.jpg
IMG_6332.jpg
Long Screw.jpg
Self Drilling Screw.jpg

Sponsored

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
For the left side, I think this would have been a better location, but I made mine work...
Left location notes.jpg

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
how is battery voltage? try to keep battery charger on if low. forscan likes to see abve 11.6 volts
I saw that low voltage message once, after that I left it on the charge and still no luck.

Valiant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Val
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT in Eruption Green
That sucks man. I hope they replace it for you. Please keep us posted
Thanks
I hope so too. Apparently they don't have anymore in stock, and they've contacted USPS to see what they can do as it was insured. I don't really see how USPS did it because shipping box was fully intact and it was packed to perfection!

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
I finally got my forscan to work. Called up hellhorse, and they sent me a download link a new beta thats not released yet. Fixed my issue with the IPC side.

Spazz2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I finally got my forscan to work. Called up hellhorse, and they sent me a download link a new beta thats not released yet. Fixed my issue with the IPC side.
How long did it take for you to get your cluster from Hellhorse? Still waiting patiently on mine...lol like a kid before Christmas patiently
Sponsored