Sponsored

Mishimoto Pro Axle Back

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I posted about this in the US section of the forum thinking there might be more likelihood of some having this exhaust but so far no response so thought I'd try here.

Anyone tried or have experience of the Mishimoto Pro Axle Back with the stock resonator still fitted? Sounds great on their video and sounds like it might be a couple of notches lower than the Roush AB, but videos can be deceptive and the silences are a lot smaller than Roush so I don't know how it would attenuate the sound that much.

Don't want to make an expensive mistake!
Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
How much is the Mishimoto item? If it’s not far off the Roush you may aswell just go Roush, Mountune are currently doing discount on the Roush axle backs here in the UK and have them in stock, worth a call to see what they can do. @Scott@mountuneUK might be able to help?

OP
OP

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think the Mishimoto would be cheaper at about £470. Also I’m not a huge fan of the Roush tone.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Seem to remember @wuzie123 might have had some Mishimoto gear on his car. Might not be the ABs...

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Go for the “Race” axle back, it’s £100 cheaper still and will give some nice noise with it basically being a muffler delete. Can’t see there being much difference as the “pro” items mufflers are tiny anyway.

Sponsored

wuzie123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Seem to remember @wuzie123 might have had some Mishimoto gear on his car. Might not be the ABs...
Yeah I have the race axle backs like them for the tip size 4.5" hella loud when matched up to a mishimoto H pipe lol

OP
OP

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don’t want anything as loud as a muffler delete, or as raspy.

foxspeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
si
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt v8 shadow
i have the race one on ie no silencers....days of thunder come to mind does sound epic in a tunnel or when gunning it but might be too much for some ohh and the cold start is quite loud :cwl:

Sponsored
OP
OP

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Cold start is one of my concerns, I often have to leave the house at 6am and I have both elderly neighbours and young families to consider. I don’t want to be that A hole.

The Mustang seems to idle quite high on a cold start, or at least to that point where the higher pitched tones of the coyote start to come through. With the Mishimoto pro being quite a deep sounding muffler it might just be bareable. I’ve no doubt it will sound awesome while driving! Sounds pretty good to me on their YouTube videos.

Probably gonna buy one anyway, so I’ll report back when done.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Cold start is loud whichever exhaust you put on, when I put the Roush axle backs on mine I was like “oh crap that’s excessively loud” on cold start but then settles down to a nice burble.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi Jord!

what was the result? I am in the exact situation you were, I am worrying the mishimoto pro with the stock resonator is too loud for the neighbors who I park right in front of!

Also were you happy with the sound, tone etc?

thanks!

I posted about this in the US section of the forum thinking there might be more likelihood of some having this exhaust but so far no response so thought I'd try here.

Anyone tried or have experience of the Mishimoto Pro Axle Back with the stock resonator still fitted? Sounds great on their video and sounds like it might be a couple of notches lower than the Roush AB, but videos can be deceptive and the silences are a lot smaller than Roush so I don't know how it would attenuate the sound that much.

Don't want to make an expensive mistake!
Sponsored