Sponsored

GT350R Valuations Declining?

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Plain Jane. I like'm all! Does it have dog dish hubcaps. That is about as plain as they get. One last thing. Is it radio delete? Believe me, try to find that delete insert is really tough!

edit; Are you familiar with the Marti Report?
Sponsored

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
Plain Jane. I like'm all! Does it have dog dish hubcaps. That is about as plain as they get. One last thing. Is it radio delete? Believe me, try to find that delete insert is really tough!

Hemmings

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
Thanks for bringing that up..... zzrat.

How could I forget to mention that, yes she does have dog dish hubcaps !!!

As far as radio delete, hard to tell from pics I have, steering wheel blocks that part of the dash.

Yes i am aware of Marti Works...... I hope I can get a good nights sleep ....... Cheers

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
It would be REAL hard to walk away from such an opportunity. Shucks now I won't sleep!

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
Zzrat..........I’m going to post some pics in the general forum........ I think you and other forum members will enjoy them

Cheers !!........

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I wish. I could have had an R and an Aventador. LOL

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
...Your window sticker indicates that it was invoiced to the dealership on 4/11/18, which means it was built sometime in the middle of April.
Where does it say this on the window sticker? 4/11? How do you know that? I see a number that could indicate 4/19, but not 4/11.

Here's mine. I'm wondering based on this build date, if my engine was built with the revised piston rings. Since production stopped for Dec and Jan and resumed Feb 2018, does that mean my engine was also built in Feb? Or do they build them ahead of time by a few months?

Attachments

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Adam -

On the sticker you attached, the invoice date is down in the last box on the bottom - sort of directly below the MSRP line - and it shows an invoice to the dealer date of Feb 13, 2018. The blend date, which coincides with beginning of the build, is at the top where it says 0221 above the word "blend" - meaning a blend date of February 21.

The July 15th date at the bottom is the date when the sticker was published / produced.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Here's my actual window sticker as opposed to the ones that are pdf files created on line. Note that there is no writing outside of the red border. Interesting, eh?
Window sticker.jpg

Sponsored

ltcolton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
350R,Trackhawk,FocusRS,911,R8GT,S2000,AlfaGiulia
Here's my actual window sticker as opposed to the ones that are pdf files created on line. Note that there is no writing outside of the red border. Interesting, eh?
Window sticker.jpg
Some for me too. The Blend date does not show on the Window sticker that was attached to the car.
20190215_141355.jpg

Attachments

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
what does "blend" mean, anyway?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That was a steal and a mistake. Good for you. I had a very difficult time getting JR357 down to MSRP.
Rare but it happens. S197 Boss 302 #1 went to some small town dealer that didn't have any idea what number it was. The buyer sold it used to a collector for enough profit to pay for another new Boss IIRC.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Speaking of values of muscle cars, especially more modern cars... Did anyone catch the GNX that just sold on BaT for $200k?!!!
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-buick-gnx-2/

Now, we're talking about an absolute time capsule with 8 miles on it, and it's never been used. It was not even prepped for delivery, ever!
Factor in that this might be one of THE rarest and most collectible cars built after the death of the muscle car wars in the `70s, there were only 547 made, ever. And this car was an instant collector's car with a big, bad reputation on the street from the day it rolled off the line. Hell, it probably sold for way more than sticker price, which would further reduce your 6.1% number.

Now let's do the math...

So someone bought this car for $30k in 1987. 32 years later it sold for $200k. If I did the math correctly, that's 6.1% annual rate of return (not counting the storage and upkeep costs, not to mention sales tax, and any maintenance it may have needed, if any).

In Excel:
=((End Value/Start Value)^(1/Periods) -1 = Formula for calculating annualized ROI
=((200000/30000)^(1/32)-1) = GNX sold for $200k/ bought new for $30k, 32 years later

6.1% = annualized rate of return over 32 years.

Yea, I'm not thinking my GT350 is going to be worth much at any point. I'm just hoping it won't go down as fast as a regular GT or something like that.
Sponsored