• Thread starter Deleted member 35786
  • Start date
  • Watchers 78

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Perhaps. However, I would think the OP can go through and delete his own posts, unless there's a limit on time to make an edit of that type.
Problem with that is he cannot delete content where people have quoted him or others.
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Problem with that is he cannot delete content where people have quoted him or others.
I understand that, but it would meet the requirement that he take down stuff that he has posted. The dealer may want the Internet wiped clean of reference to this, but that isn't going to happen.

And, to be honest, it shouldn't. There's no obligation for the Mods to take this thread down, and my personal opinion is they should leave it up.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
And, to be honest, it shouldn't. There's no obligation for the Mods to take this thread down, and my personal opinion is they should leave it up.
Absolutely. Why should current and future members be denied useful information about a particular dealer and more importantly ways to prevent it from happening to them (e.g. install a dash-cam and make sure the techs know its there. Its actually a bit offensive for the OP to want to deny those benefits now that its served his purposes.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Actually, he wants me to take down things I created/uploaded and since I created this thread but was later merged, I would like to take it down. It's part of the agreement so which is why I want it down.

It's not about selfish gains, it's part of the agreement. I am simply fulfilling my obligation.

Thanks
I understand. But just because you agreed to something doesn't mean other current and future members should be denied the value of this thread.

The forum gives members the power to delete their own posts. Doing that is a disservice to the rest of us but you can do that.

Maybe the people ho run this site will delete the thread. They have the right to do that, but I hope they don't.

It might have been a mistake for you to agree to anything that wasn't something you had complete control over. If they thread doesn't get deleted, I hope they understand that. If they were using a lawyer, hard to believe he didn't know you didn't own the forum.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I tried but I can't delete it since it's merged
What is "IT"? Are you saying you can't either delete or edit each of your own posts to contain just "...." (for example)?

And unless just deleting your posts will satisfy Steven's Jersey City Ford, please don't do that since it would harm other members without benefiting you.

Sponsored

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Mod(s) - Please delete the thread. It's a legal obligation I am trying to fulfill at my end.

Thanks!
I appreciate the time you took to hold the dealer accountable. I also feel what others are saying, that it’s a shame the dealer gets his way by removing the story of what transpired here on the forum. But do get it, you have to do what you have to do. I would think that since you can not remove it yourself, you must ask the moderators to do it, which you have done with your requests. I would say you have done what you can and have met your obligation. Crap, I think you’ve aske the mods at least twice now. So you’ve gone above and beyond to do something you have no authority to do yourself. Just sayin...

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Mod(s) - Please delete the thread. It's a legal obligation I am trying to fulfill at my end.

Thanks!
Your posts (and quotes of your posts) have been removed. The thread and other users' posts remain. Note that the first poster of this thread is no longer who created it.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I love the internet.

Life lesson. Be careful of what you ask for, you may get it. Now your legal problems

soodsuhail88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Guys,

I am happy to announce that the dealership and I have finally called it a day. We discussed and settled on reasonable grounds. Unfortunately I can’t disclose the details but I can assure you it was nothing crazy like a large payout or a brand new car, nothing of that sort.

I am simply glad that the matter has been resolved, it’s over and now we can put this behind us.

A sincere thanks to all of you for your support. I really appreciate it.

Thank you guys!

Sponsored

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Happy for you. But don't think it's right that the event is now swept under the rug. Not because they should have complete control over their techs, of course they cant.

Their original shitty attitude was bull, plain and simple. They never would have given you the time of day without the attention, and that says something.

soodsuhail88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Happy for you. But don't think it's right that the event is now swept under the rug. Not because they should have complete control over their techs, of course they cant.

Their original shitty attitude was bull, plain and simple. They never would have given you the time of day without the attention, and that says something.
I agree with you on that.
Sponsored