Titanium Strut tower Brace effects?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I am having a titanium brace done for me by my co worker and was wondering if there would be any negative effects.

CAD uploaded for preview
13D08AAB-FA45-4E19-9578-878180710D04.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
That would depend on the design of the brace more than the material used.
You’re right. Forgot to add CAD image. Updated now but same dimensions as stock brace

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Kind of a stretch, but I suppose there could be some potential for weak galvanic corrosion. Not nearly as much as steel with aluminum, and I think you could use a sacrificial fender washer between the brace and the strut tower at each bolt location if you were truly concerned.

Norm

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Sounds awesome man

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Thanks for the feedback!

When looking at the design there was an intent to make the bar into a helix but that sounded expensive and I feel as though I would lose the benefit of a strut tower brace. Decided to keep it simple and have the aesthetics be improved by the burning pattern.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Please post specs when you can. I'm really curious to know how much this weighs vs the stock pp one. Would the titanium be stronger or provide a ridigity benefit over the factory unit, or would weight savings be the primary benefit?

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I doubt that this kind of brace sees much loading in the direction that would call for triangulating between the two main transverse elements.

I'm thinking along the lines of a simple Ti sheet between the two rails with a few lightening holes and maybe a "builder's logo" or even a customer's own personalized design cut out. Wouldn't have to be all that thick - guessing at dimensions, you could probably meet a width to thickness ratio of 100 with metal thinner than 16 gauge. Might well end up lighter overall, and it'd have to be simpler to fabricate than welding around all those small-circle 90° joints.

Norm
Sponsored