Sponsored

How long from order will it take for a GT Prem. (no PP) in Detroit region?

MechEngFord

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 401A, Race Red, Black Accent, Red Seats
Hey everyone! New member here - Looking to order my Mustang GT Prem. (manual) + 401A + Active exhaust + B&O sound system in the next month or two. My lease for my ST is up end of June (though I don't mind getting my Mustang little early).

My dealer is saying ~ 3 months being in the Detroit area for that configuration. Curious what everyone else is experiencing, he said PP or Magnaride is what is taking a long time.

Also sorta an introduction post, excited to get my Pony car and join the community! Now if I could just settle on a color (thinking Race Red but there's so many nice colors).
Sponsored

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
Hi Ryan,
I ordered my Mustang Jan. 21 from Blackwell in Plymouth. My salesman told me about 10 weeks.
While I received the DORA the next day, I have yet to receive any other info (VIN...).

It looks like the last day to order a 2019 is May 3. Double check this with your dealer and make sure your order is in before then.
https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-ford.html
Also, Flat Rock Assembly is moving to one shift starting in April, that may change lead times.

OP
OP

MechEngFord

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply! Good to know about last time to order. 10 weeks sounds promising, might get it a little early. Thinking I would order middle of March to be on safe side in case it takes 12-14 weeks.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Thanks for the reply! Good to know about last time to order. 10 weeks sounds promising, might get it a little early. Thinking I would order middle of March to be on safe side in case it takes 12-14 weeks.
With or without Magneride and/or PP1 will take about the same amount of time. Sounds like your dealer may not have any allocation and is trying to mask that by telling you it will take longer with those options. Order what you want, not what your dealer says you should get. The big thing you should find out is if your dealer has allocation. If they do not, it can add a month or two to your wait time. Normally it takes 2-4 weeks to get the VIN# with no delays due to allocation or material holds. Based on other folks putting there orders in about the same time as Jarn, some have gotten their VINs.

Berm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F-150 XLT, '19 Mustang GT Premium
I ordered GT-Premium-Manual-401A with PP1 in detroit area on 1/24. Expected delivery says 3/09 with Ford Vehicle Order Tracking. I was originally told 3/14-3/20 when I ordered.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MechEngFord

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
With or without Magneride and/or PP1 will take about the same amount of time. Sounds like your dealer may not have any allocation and is trying to mask that by telling you it will take longer with those options. Order what you want, not what your dealer says you should get. The big thing you should find out is if your dealer has allocation. If they do not, it can add a month or two to your wait time. Normally it takes 2-4 weeks to get the VIN# with no delays due to allocation or material holds. Based on other folks putting there orders in about the same time as Jarn, some have gotten their VINs.
Oh I am ordering what I want, I'm already at the very top of my budget. I don't want to spend more on PP or Magnaride. Thanks!

OP
OP

MechEngFord

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I ordered GT-Premium-Manual-401A with PP1 in detroit area on 1/24. Expected delivery says 3/09 with Ford Vehicle Order Tracking. I was originally told 3/14-3/20 when I ordered.
That seems fast! Hope you get it soon just as our weather will hopefully improve!

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
Berm, How long did it take for you to get your VIN? I ordered three days before you and I have not received mine yet.

Berm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F-150 XLT, '19 Mustang GT Premium
Berm, How long did it take for you to get your VIN? I ordered three days before you and I have not received mine yet.
I got the VIN on Feb 4th when I asked my salesman if he had any updates and to provide him with my student promo incentive #. If I read it correctly, the VIN was possibly available on 1/31 according to the Vehicle Visibility pdf he sent me.

Mine is a-plan if that makes any difference.
Sponsored