Good Price for 2019 GT Premium Fully Optioned

RaceRedGT!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
Good point, if its not too much to ask, how much do you think I should ask off for the spoiler? The spoiler is $1000 from Ford brand new and I wanted a black spoiler anyways lol. Thanks!
Doesn’t cost the dealer much at all for OEM parts. If the spoiler is a huge deal look up one aftermarket or get a quote and see if they will pay for it
Sponsored

OP
OP
dvsrpnt

dvsrpnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Doesn’t cost the dealer much at all for OEM parts. If the spoiler is a huge deal look up one aftermarket or get a quote and see if they will pay for it
Yeah one of the main reasons I like the PP1 is the spoiler. The rear looks naked without it IMO. I think I'll just get them to try and throw it in for a little more. Rather pay a little more for less headache of trying to find another one I like. Thanks for the information though.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
You need to break the price down with the dealer; don't go with the "how much can you afford monthly?" or getting wrapped up with incentives or financing when discussing the cost of the car.
Start with the MSRP - the Total Vehicle & Options ( the destination and delivery can be considered separate for this; kind of is what it is.)
The Dealer has a little under 8% difference between Dealer Invoice and the Vehicle Cost, and a little more (and graduated) for options; so for grins, call it 8% between what the dealer pays and MSRP before destination charges. That 8% is your primary negotiation range, get it as low as possible and then add the Ford incentives, because the dealer is also picking up profit from Ford on a Holdback AND the dealer will get an incentive from Ford Financing if you go that route. Any "Dealer Rebate or Dealer Cash" incentive is just being carved out of that 8%, Holdback or Financing profit.

OP
OP
dvsrpnt

dvsrpnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You need to break the price down with the dealer; don't go with the "how much can you afford monthly?" or getting wrapped up with incentives or financing when discussing the cost of the car.
Start with the MSRP - the Total Vehicle & Options ( the destination and delivery can be considered separate for this; kind of is what it is.)
The Dealer has a little under 8% difference between Dealer Invoice and the Vehicle Cost, and a little more (and graduated) for options; so for grins, call it 8% between what the dealer pays and MSRP before destination charges. That 8% is your primary negotiation range, get it as low as possible and then add the Ford incentives, because the dealer is also picking up profit from Ford on a Holdback AND the dealer will get an incentive from Ford Financing if you go that route. Any "Dealer Rebate or Dealer Cash" incentive is just being carved out of that 8%, Holdback or Financing profit.
Good points, I am not financing or leasing. I have cash in hand and have a credit score to back it up if they need it for any reason. (This is only like half my car budget anyways lol). This is my first car purchase without a parent or anything being there (Im 20) so I guess this is more jitters than anything. I am looking at trying to get it for 44-45k pre tax and 48-49k OTD with my tax rate of 9%. Is this too optimistic because the car has been on the lot for ~3 months and they have discounted it 3k already pre-rebates? Thanks for all the information.

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
$5500 off is a pretty good deal IMO for a '19. I only got 20% off b/c it was a VIN specific discount advertised on ONE car at ONE dealership. No choice in color, options..etc. But I wanted a base manual with zero options so it worked for me.
I agree....

I was quoted $500 under invoice on a 2019 $49,525 msrp build. Price ends up being 45,048 (Before TTL) including the current $1500 rebate.

I plan to order at the end of march and cross my fingers that I will take delivery either memorial day or worst case scenario 4th of july if there is a delay for some good rebates.

Waiting on 1 more quote but I don't think they are taking 8K off 2019's here in so cal.

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Good points, I am not financing or leasing. I have cash in hand and have a credit score to back it up if they need it for any reason. (This is only like half my car budget anyways lol). This is my first car purchase without a parent or anything being there (Im 20) so I guess this is more jitters than anything. I am looking at trying to get it for 44-45k pre tax and 48-49k OTD with my tax rate of 9%. Is this too optimistic because the car has been on the lot for ~3 months and they have discounted it 3k already pre-rebates? Thanks for all the information.
No need for a credit score if paying cash. If they saw they need to see it before you buy the car once they know you are paying cash, immediately leave.

Baltimoron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I paid $42xxx for my 19 GT Premium on 1/31/19. MSRP was $49xxx for whatever that's worth. Timing matters though. I live in Maryland, where the high was 12 degrees that day, and I made sure they knew that I knew the car had summer tires on it. Add in the last day of the month, and they were thrilled to sell a Mustang to anyone who walked through the door.

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
Looks like I am buying a little sooner than I anticipated...

2019 GT Premium ..10 speed, PP1 ,ruby red, voice activated nav

Sticker is $47,130 and I am getting it for $39,500 before TTL. $7630/16% off is a pretty hard to beat deal and it made me jump.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

Sticker is $47,130 and I am getting it for $39,500 before TTL. $7630/16% off is a pretty hard to beat deal and it made me jump.
Congrats! Pretty good deal. Post some pics when you pick her up.

OP
OP
dvsrpnt

dvsrpnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

That's a great price bro! I am still in the process of talking to the dealer. They are a bit slow on correspondence and being 25 miles away doesn't help. I think I'll just send a email with my offer that's out the door and see if they will take it. Another similar car (Only without magneride) popped up near me. I already bought mag ride springs though lol. I'll just try to pit them against each other and see if they will throw in the pp1 spoiler for free. They already tried to get me to pay for it. GL with your purchase!

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
That's a great price bro! I am still in the process of talking to the dealer. They are a bit slow on correspondence and being 25 miles away doesn't help. I think I'll just send a email with my offer that's out the door and see if they will take it. Another similar car (Only without magneride) popped up near me. I already bought mag ride springs though lol. I'll just try to pit them against each other and see if they will throw in the pp1 spoiler for free. They already tried to get me to pay for it. GL with your purchase!
Best thing to do is contact a couple dealers and ask for fleet sales or a fleet manager.

They just don't have time to play the game and will give you the best offer right away.

There is $1500 in rebates and another $500 for cars that have been on the lot for over I think 90 days.

There won't be any additional presidents day deals on mustangs unfortunately....I was waiting but just got confirmation yesterday nothing is happening
Sponsored