Sponsored

Is Z/A Plan pricing the best you can get from a dealer?

MX Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From point "A" to point "B"
Hey Guys,

I'm in the market for a 2019 GT. My brother works at the Ford assembly plant in Louisville KY, so I am entitled to the A/Z plan which breaks down like this. Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Fee - All available qualifying incentives + $275 program fee. Everyone knows what invoice is, and dealer holdback is usually around 1k depending on MSRP, and Advertising fee can range from $300-850 (documentation fee's), and right now for my zip code the 2019's have a $2k incentive.

My custom order would look like this, or if they can dealer trade within 100 miles.

301A ($2k MSRP, $1880 Invoice)
10 speed ($1595 MSRP, $1499 Invoice)
Black accent package ($995 MSRP, $935 Invoice)
Active Exhaust ($895 MSRP, $841 Invoice)

That's it. I could do the optional 3.55 gear, but later down the road I'm thinking of adding a converter and boost.

So all together my build comes out to an MSRP of $41,935 and Invoice of $39,837.

$39,837 (Invoice) - $1000 (Dealer HB Est.) - $300 (low end doc. fee) - $2000 incentive + $275 = $36,812

So that breaks down to $5,123 off of MSRP, or roughly $3,025 under Invoice.

Would you guys consider that a good deal with the options I want, or could it be more beneficial to try to haggle lower? I know some dealers are adding additional rebates of their own as well, but just as a baseline is the A/Z Plan the way to go and be done, or are there better deals out there if you know how to haggle?

Thanks guys,
Nate
Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I use to sell at a ford dealer and can tell you that the only bargaining piece a dealer has on a new car over any other dealer is your trade in.
ALL A/Z plan prices are the same. Rebates are zip code specific meaning any Ford dealer will be able to do the exact same deal for you if you are A/Z plan. On Ford there is no haggling below the A/Z price. on other brands FCA or GM they can do this so it is slightly vague. But good or bad on Ford you know that its the best pricing your getting.
There is no such thing as "special our dealer only rebates" all they simply do is rename the rebates being offered from Ford and say they are there own. The dealer i worked at had a 210 doc fee and that was the around norm in the Metro-Detroit area.
Some dealers will "hide" extra fees inside of processing or warranties fees. The absolute easiest way to make sure you are getting the exact price you pay is to look at the specific cars invoice. it will show you the build sheet for the car MSRP/X/A-Z/D plan pricing on it. then as for your rebate sheet to ensure your getting all of them. then you compare all those numbers to the one being shown to you on the dealer financing sheet.

SOOOOOOO in closing as long as you are receiving all available rebates and are getting your true A/Z plan pricing then yes its the best deal you will get. Any dealer telling you they can get you cheaper is lying or doing something shady.

OP
OP

MX Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From point "A" to point "B"
I use to sell at a ford dealer and can tell you that the only bargaining piece a dealer has on a new car over any other dealer is your trade in.
ALL A/Z plan prices are the same. Rebates are zip code specific meaning any Ford dealer will be able to do the exact same deal for you if you are A/Z plan. On Ford there is no haggling below the A/Z price. on other brands FCA or GM they can do this so it is slightly vague. But good or bad on Ford you know that its the best pricing your getting.
There is no such thing as "special our dealer only rebates" all they simply do is rename the rebates being offered from Ford and say they are there own. The dealer i worked at had a 210 doc fee and that was the around norm in the Metro-Detroit area.
Some dealers will "hide" extra fees inside of processing or warranties fees. The absolute easiest way to make sure you are getting the exact price you pay is to look at the specific cars invoice. it will show you the build sheet for the car MSRP/X/A-Z/D plan pricing on it. then as for your rebate sheet to ensure your getting all of them. then you compare all those numbers to the one being shown to you on the dealer financing sheet.

SOOOOOOO in closing as long as you are receiving all available rebates and are getting your true A/Z plan pricing then yes its the best deal you will get. Any dealer telling you they can get you cheaper is lying or doing something shady.

Thanks I appreciate the response. I just hear some people say well I bought my 18' PP1 GT new for 32k OTD, or some other # that seems unrealistic with no $ down.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
that can either be someone saying a lower number to make themselves feel better, or it was a fleet car for one of the managers with a few thousand miles on it.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
For an ordered car, it would not make any sense for them to sell it cheaper. For a car on the lot that isn't selling, sure. They might lose money on the sale of THAT car but who would order something, knowing they were going to sell it for a loss? And its not like any plan is unpopular with a dealer. Yes, the selling price is calculated by subtracting hold back and other fees from the invoice BUT the dealer isn't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts; they get paid to process plan orders to compensate for the apparent loss of hold-back, etc..

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I ordered an '18 PP2 301A with Recaros and active exhaust on March 6, 2018. Took delivery on May 22, 2018. This was right at the end for MY18. MSRP was $47,080. I negotiated and agreed upon a selling price of $42,500 before any rebates. Between order and delivery, rebates went from $2,000 to $3,000. I was also able to get a private cash offer of $750. So excluding all the TTL stuff, my OTD price was $38,949.95 including a dealer doc fee of $199.95 ($42,500-$3,750+$199.95). That's $8,330 off MSRP before the doc fee.

Edit: There was no trade involved. Financing was done through my credit union, so it was strictly a cash deal with the dealer.
Sponsored