Bilstein B6 Struts and shocks

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Any reviews on these? Are the rear shocks even available? Did some searching on the site and have found a few that had the fronts, but no one had rears yet, but the last post I found was over 6 months ago.

I have a 2017 GT with the performance pack and have had a set of Steeda sport progressive springs sitting in my garage for a few months. The car is just my weekend toy, it will never see a track, just want something that handles well on the street. Original plan was to install the Steeda springs on my stock PP struts, but feel if I am installing the springs, might as well install struts and shocks also and just do the job once. I have always been partial to Bilstein, have had them on my other mustangs (1993 GT and 2003 Cobra) and a couple of my trucks over the years and plan on putting them on my current truck when funds allow. I have thought about just going with the Ford Track or Steeda struts and shocks, but been really happy with Bilstein's in the past. Just curious if anyway has been able to test a complete set and what their opinions are.

Thanks,

Doug
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
With how long they have been coming "next month" for, I'd just go with another option at this point.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Bilsteins are incredible (had them on my 335i) and I hear the FRPP track pack are great two. However, I would pair twin-tube dampers (ProActions/Konis) with the steeda progressives; those springs lower the car quite a bit and a monotube may not have enough stroke to work at thier best.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Last I heard from a major seller of Bilsteins is April for the rears. I like the fronts with my BMR shocks. I hate progressive springs don't think any standard shock works correctly with progressive springs.
I am not fan of the progressive rate either. Did you vote in my poll? :dance:

Sponsored

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I am not fan of the progressive rate either. Did you vote in my poll? :dance:
Yes. Progressive springs might be okay with electronic shocks that can change damping rate with spring rates but those shocks don't exist yet in the aftermarket.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think they'd work with position-sensitive conventional damping as well. Though once the dampers were designed you'd be pretty much forced to run at whatever ride height would center the dampers' transition at the springs' transition point else you'd risk being overdamped for much of normal driving or badly underdamped for too much of the more spirited driving - which should include those occasional "emergency avoidance" situations. You might even get some of each and be less than happy anywhere.

Norm

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Last I heard from a major seller of Bilsteins is April for the rears. I like the fronts with my BMR shocks. I hate progressive springs don't think any standard shock works correctly with progressive springs.
Where did you get the BMR shocks from on your S550?

Sponsored

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Ah I see, got excited for a second that BMR had gone into the damper segment also :/
Opps poor proof reading on my part. Right springs got them from BMR in the very first batch and I like them fine perfect lowering and rate for what I wanted just need better shocks.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Waiting to hear from @BMR Tech on the dimensions of the Bilsteins vs stock to confirm whether or not the spring seat vs. strut mount seat OR the strut to knuckle interface is different. The first guy to install the struts reported a 3/8" increase in ride height, on stock springs. These may find their way onto my car, but probably will stick with FP Track, as they're extremely good.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/bilstein-hd6.81959/

@Berstuck

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Waiting to hear from @BMR Tech on the dimensions of the Bilsteins vs stock to confirm whether or not the spring seat vs. strut mount seat OR the strut to knuckle interface is different. The first guy to install the struts reported a 3/8" increase in ride height, on stock springs. These may find their way onto my car, but probably will stick with FP Track, as they're extremely good.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/bilstein-hd6.81959/

@Berstuck
Don't hold your breath, I still haven't gotten my hands on the rears. Current order with AJUSA is over a year old......

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase