kennethrisher

kennethrisher
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium (Auto)
BEAUTIFUL Car....great story as well. Vette's are cool & good looking...but I agree....with that stance & price point they are underwhelming. Get ahold of Lund Tuning....get a JLT cold air kit (bolts on in 5 minutes)...put your stock Shelby air filter & cold air kit in the box for safe keeping....then get Lund to give you a tune & then do a few datalogs & get the tune just right. You'll add about 35-40 rear wheel HP & the car will feel/perform/sound even better.

Another cool thing....compare the price/value of your car vs a vette 20 years from now....that will make you smile as well.
Sponsored

kennethrisher

kennethrisher
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium (Auto)
BEAUTIFUL Car....great story as well. Vette's are cool & good looking...but I agree....with that stance & price point they are underwhelming. Get ahold of Lund Tuning....get a JLT cold air kit (bolts on in 5 minutes)...put your stock Shelby air filter & cold air kit in the box for safe keeping....then get Lund to give you a tune & then do a few datalogs & get the tune just right. You'll add about 35-40 rear wheel HP & the car will feel/perform/sound even better.

Another cool thing....compare the price/value of your car vs a vette 20 years from now....that will make you smile as well.

Zeromaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Phil, good speaking with you a week or so ago regarding JR394 and speaking of the "Dark Side" here are some pictures of my 3 Base R models that I have owned (GR107, HR019 and JR157) all of which are Canadian spec Base 920A cars with 2 of them being Shadow Black and the other being a very cool color painted in Ruby Red. The last picture of JR157 (Black and Blue OTT stripes) is sitting beside a Red '67 Corvette and was taken just prior to leaving Canada for America.

Each one of these Canadian spec cars are a 1 of 1 color combination built for the Canadian market and as you can tell I really like Black and Red cars.

The last two pictures pertain to HR001 which I was lucky to locate in the Midwest for a great friend of mine some time ago and this vehicle now resides in Georgia and was previously driven by Jamal Hameedi and mirrors HR019 in terms of the Ruby Red body color and the Black roof along with being the very first 920A Base R model built for the 2017MY.

These are 4 of the 135 Base R's that were produced over the last 4MY's.

:sunglasses:
GR107 - 1.JPG
GR107.JPG
DSCF2074.JPG
DSCF1912.JPG
JR157 - 1.jpg
DSCF2402.JPG
DSCF2212.JPG
DSCF2179.JPG
What the hell do you do for work and when can i start? Lol life choices... the bane of my past and future

OP
OP
BLKMGK350

BLKMGK350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
What the hell do you do for work and when can i start? Lol life choices... the bane of my past and future
Dude, you lost me on my buy thread of my car..............

Can someone remove these aimless posts..........

OP
OP
BLKMGK350

BLKMGK350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350

Thanks, and no doubt! I would love to put a JLT CAI and a Lund tune just don't want to risk losing the warranty. Keep hearing horror stories about that. I have done tuning my whole life. This is the first time I have not. Just the first time the risk is higher, or I'm a little a older...... Did I say that out loud........ Just have more to lose here.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BLKMGK350

BLKMGK350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Well, finally got her back. Paint correction done, Xpel clear done, graphics done, ceramic done!

I have to say I have owned a lot of black cars in my lifetime and black was always my favorite color but man I have never, and I mean never seen black look like this!!!

ecTMKgBXFdEDeazaYqkaM6u1zzoamE4lRzuNupxpZne7auvdOo21Az6lxfFrsoViD-C43gtB-mEA1agZV=w2742-h1805-no.jpg

It just looks like liquid. Now I have not owned a black vehicle since the explosion of all the ceramic products and the Xpel clear. This should be a much better experience with black...........

GXYUmzFlZWlvOqefKjP9gsJeXDIJS58wrjyrNZRANvQOG3QJ8ytn1YDJZQhFq-3C0bPyOzxvpj_JVaYB2=w1357-h1805-no.jpg

OP
OP
BLKMGK350

BLKMGK350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
^^ I didn't put the Xpel clear wrap on the doors back, just the front. Did that for rock chip protection on the front.

OP
OP
BLKMGK350

BLKMGK350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
So, after two months I've still only got 320 mi on her and itching to get some track time but damn if I know that can't happen till 1K. So how do I fix that problem.......

Wild hair up my ass and Cars and Coffee in....... Road Trip COTA!!

AjP_ghrC1ATBzaakZEEkYOtN-_1BwSAaWUZVKGb5QfKDFQ9MGTUYZ4mJul8cAh7MjzwhudF_rb5VoJAlGP=w1128-h600-no.jpg

Well, that's 421 round trip so 1,162 on the ticker when I get home! Anyone else going? Nice weather on Sunday and good excuse to drive to Lockhart for some BBQ! Why the hell not.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I am betting your transport came from LA...... I think I drove your car in the search for mine. In fact it's the one I was referring to in my original post on the search for my next car and what hooked me on these beasts. Look familiar

aBKDYSGFm8xH4StmIC0-lYRjioAlDJHxtsq1tU0QVBNYmVY3nXx2AZ-xwgqVMcMuXMhvV0_gHY35quL5B=w2410-h1805-no.jpg

mc-5pMUMl9YtXFM-L-TY91TNXh3CF0qCpz9bCV0VUAKBcAwhNlmEJ_aHLR597CRc34BznUl0C38bJYLWK=w2410-h1805-no.jpg

I was really torn between AG and Black but I was not about to pay those crazy ADMs. Beautiful car you ended up with though. I'm glad I settled on the one I did. Got a great deal and once I got the stripes all laid out to match my bike, the paint correction and the ceramic it came out stunning. I'll post up some pics shortly.
Yes that is my car. I did not pay ADM.

“The moment I fired that engine up the sound made the hair on my arm stand up. I just could not get enough of the way this car felt, handled, braked, and OMG that sound was just addictive. What is this voodoo ;-). I had never experienced a mustang that was even remotely anything close to what this thing is. I was smiling like a 12yr old with Heidi Klum in my living room the entire test drive.”

I feel like that every time I start it up, and I rarely have the radio above 7. The license plate on the car reads Turn 9 Riverside International Raceway for a homage to the track in Moreno Valley that the original G.T. 350Rs were tested and developed at (along with Willow Springs Raceway).

Looking back on your post you said that you test drive the black with black stripes car? Because a car inside the showroom you can rarely get a test drive in.
040034B9-A0FC-4817-B44B-8BDE77D7EF50.jpeg

And It has been in lots of Hot Rod Magazine articles.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/paint-protective-films-can-protect-car-rocks-save-paintjob/

Last edited:

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Yes that is my car. I did not pay ADM.

“The moment I fired that engine up the sound made the hair on my arm stand up. I just could not get enough of the way this car felt, handled, braked, and OMG that sound was just addictive. What is this voodoo ;-). I had never experienced a mustang that was even remotely anything close to what this thing is. I was smiling like a 12yr old with Heidi Klum in my living room the entire test drive.”

I feel like that every time I start it up, and I rarely have the radio above 7. The license plate on the car reads Turn 9 Riverside International Raceway for a homage to the track in Moreno Valley that the original G.T. 350Rs were tested and developed at (along with Willow Springs Raceway).

Looking back on your post you said that you test drive the black with black stripes car? Because a car inside the showroom you can rarely get a test drive in.
040034B9-A0FC-4817-B44B-8BDE77D7EF50.jpeg

And It has been in lots of Hot Rod Magazine articles.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/paint-protective-films-can-protect-car-rocks-save-paintjob/
Love it man. Great looking R. I know the feeling on start up. The R had me at that moment. Such a smooth shifting operator too. Congrats!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Got the car back from graphics. Had the the Xpel clear put on the front end and stripes done to match a custom bike I built last summer.

vm0RJ6uuCG1agiXXF73NssfC7NFpIf7RNxsj-iXOXPUemm-bK2hhOhwTHAemmVf1bihbEcGFUdETPp-Xk=w2364-h1805-no.jpg
Nice 'Rod.

Details on the wheels, please. You're giving me bad ideas for my beloved VRSCR, which I bought new....
Sponsored