Sponsored

Boosted 350's come on in!

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 foxbody 347, 17' GT350 Avalanche(SOLD), 2019 GT350R KR711
@madlag Do you have any dyno charts? I'm Curious about power and boost levels and the torque curve?

I second this. The seesaw between Whipple and ProCharger is dead even for me now, I need some examples to help ha ha
Sponsored

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
Hopefully this is the right place for this.. Figured all you guys installed a blower.. so it would be good insight.

I would like to install a Whipple. However, with the engine failure issues.. I am hesitant. Don't want to install a blower, void the warranty and then have to spend $10-$20k out of pocket for a rebuild/replacement engine.

What are you guys doing about warranty? Screw it and roll the dice? Putting some decent miles on the car to try to see if you think you have a consumption issue before installing ? Some dealers will do the install and warranty, but sounds like maybe only that specific dealer will honor the warranty?

Any insights, advice or experience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

rapperpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I installed a complete Whipple kit myself on my 100% stock 2016 GT350 at around 18k miles over the holidays. I had no issues prior to the install or since (knock on wood) including no oil consumption. I choose to stay the stock Whipple tune, for now. Performing the install was really enjoyable. If you have the time to enjoy it and not rush through, I really recommend doing it yourself. The quality of the parts and documentation was first class. The BMR motor mount brackets were a PITA, but the brackets work perfectly and give the much-needed hood clearance. My advice is not to struggle with the decision too much. If you really want to supercharge it, you'll feel it. If you're not sure, find another upgrade. Let me know if there is anything specific you want to know about the setup, install, or life with the Whipple Complete kit for the GT350. -David.

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rapperpd I was curious about the hood clearance with whipple, so I'm assuming they include bmr motor mount brackets or you have to get them separately? I recently did kooks headers on mine and I don't even want to think about having to get back in there now for the motor mounts again.

@GrapeApe how were the motor mounts for you to do with the long tubes on ?

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have been hounding them for months . Lol
I even got them to consider a flex tune like they are about to release for the 18-19’s.
Don’t think it will happen since there not enough of us .
Just email whipple support with your VIN and they will send you the new file which includes the firmware and time update .

You delete the old file on the SD card and download the new one.

Thanks I will email them.

Sponsored

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I also installed the whipple myself. At the same time I changed the oil pump gears and timing gears just so I did not have to worry about them. The install was easy as long as you take your time. only issue I had was when I first got it running it did not start well because the throttle body had to be re-calibrated as my factory motor was out of spec. If Whipple had put that in the instructions it would of made life much easier.

also you can keep the strut tower brace even though they say you have to remove it. you just need to make a couple of spacers.
IMG_4154 (4).JPG

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much do you need to lower the motor for the whipple ? Anyone ever really measure

rapperpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT350
@rapperpd I was curious about the hood clearance with whipple, so I'm assuming they include bmr motor mount brackets or you have to get them separately? I recently did kooks headers on mine and I don't even want to think about having to get back in there now for the motor mounts again.

@GrapeApe how were the motor mounts for you to do with the long tubes on ?

The BMR Motor Brackets are included in the Whipple kit. This is the link to the part on BMRs site. It says there it lowers it 1/2". http://m.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1798 Yeah, for me this was the slowest part of the install. I lifted the motor one side at a time with a floor jack against the motor's trans mounting ears. I did have to remove the starter. For me, I needed some creativity and my 24" extension to gain access. Not sure what complexity your headers will create. Good luck.

rapperpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I also installed the whipple myself. At the same time I changed the oil pump gears and timing gears just so I did not have to worry about them. The install was easy as long as you take your time. only issue I had was when I first got it running it did not start well because the throttle body had to be re-calibrated as my factory motor was out of spec. If Whipple had put that in the instructions it would of made life much easier.

also you can keep the strut tower brace even though they say you have to remove it. you just need to make a couple of spacers.
IMG_4154 (4).JPG
@JCSIX13, That's great to hear I wanted to keep it but never knew anyone that made it work. I was unable to get the strut tower brace to fit even with the BMR brackets. How close do your spacers place it to the Whipple? Did you have to remove the hood insulation to make it clear?

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
@JCSIX13, That's great to hear I wanted to keep it but never knew anyone that made it work. I was unable to get the strut tower brace to fit even with the BMR brackets. How close do your spacers place it to the Whipple? Did you have to remove the hood insulation to make it clear?
I would say there is about 10MM clearance between the blower and the brace. I did not have to remove the hood insulation to make it clear.

Sponsored

rapperpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I would say there is about 10MM clearance between the blower and the brace. I did not have to remove the hood insulation to make it clear.
@JCSIX13, Thanks for the insight! I just duplicated. The tower brace is now back where it belongs. This is a great community!

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I’ve heard the blower can still hit the brace even with spacers under the right circumstances. No experience though. This was another reason I went procharger.

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For us curious about dyno graph comparisons, came across a youtube video of a Procharged D1x | ID1000 Fuel Injectors | JPC Racing Triple Pump Return Fuel System | OPG/CP | E85 | Stainless Works LT Headers, made 856hp 571tq on a mustang dyno. Torque seems to hit 500 around 4800-5000rpm then slight climb from there. I attached the link for anyone curious

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Interesting. Whipple's tune gives you some nice options. Their tunes also seems to be on par with any of the aftermarket guys.
I was excited to be able to got the car back on the dyno and try the new firmware features especially adding timing since I had 10 gallons of 260 GTP (104 octane)
in the tank .

First pull(6) was with 3.75 pulley / +3.2 timing(peak was 21*) and no knock but it only made 722 SAE and barely 500 torque- Much less than it made with old tune 93/boostane(4) but the power curve(and timing ) looked better.

I decided to drop down to a 3.625(7) but it knocked with +3.2 timing . Backing down to +2.4 timing it did not knock and made most power to date(8). I added a can of boostane to the tank and tried again adding +3.2 but it still knocked .

The next day we decided to do back to back pulls starting with zero timing up to 2.4* . No knock with zero and +0.8 but it started knocking with only 1.6 added this time(14) and off course +2.4 also knocked (15).

I then tried a 3.5 pulley (no graph) with zero timing added and saw no knock but zero power gain.

Not really sure what's going on but I am going to pull the cats off to see if that may be the issue(I tested them at ford a few months ago and they were good)

I have decided I am going to do a Lund E85 tune and ordered a return fuel system/ID1300's. Hopefully the whipple tune is the issue and I can get mid 800's at least with the 3.5 pulley.

I am hoping I can get a little more out of the Whipple tune before then though as I have 50 gallons of race gas sitting in my garage. lol
GT350newvsoldtune.jpg
firstday3passes.jpg
GT3503.625( 0-0.8-1.8-2.4).jpg

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That is a great running engine. So many people get so hung up on peak numbers. Look at that curve, or lack there of. Flat as a board. That is a nice running engine right there. No severe dips or strange curves or spikes. I think there's a lot to be said about that.
Sponsored